Once again our recruitment gurus miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a lot more than a fucking winger.

Marcelo looks the goods and to be fair Brad and his partner did welcome their first child this year and I wouldn't be suprised if he's finding it hard living away from NZ.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If Holland is starting centre next year we might as well forfeit the season he is barely a reserve grader
I'm with you but des keeps picking him over any other centre in reserve grade and can't see des changing it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barba was a disaster in his first few appearances in first grade. He was targeted for high bombs, as there was a 50/50 chance he would concede a try. It takes time for any young player to feel comfortable, and attain the high fitness levels to play at the top.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is good but hardly a gun recruit, we need play makers and need them urgently.
A smart lock that can ball play and also kick. A Jim Dymock or Travis Norton type.

A Fullback like a Albert Kelly

A Hooker like a Granville

Have these kinds of players and u wont give a shit who the halves are.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its Gotta be..

Abbey
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoppa
Lee

Right?

I would be totally shocked if Abbey isn't thrown in next yr. Why he wasn't given a shot this yr at winger is beyond me.
id probs swap Hoppa and Lee around if they were on the same side together.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A smart lock that can ball play and also kick. A Jim Dymock or Travis Norton type.

when was the last time there was a kicking lock in any side? lol. id rather just move Jackson to lock tbh.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
when was the last time there was a kicking lock in any side? lol. id rather just move Jackson to lock tbh.
Whats so funny about moving back to an older style lock? Could be a massive help to these hapless halves. Jackson would be a good lock but then whose going to help Reynolds defend?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our cap is fucked.

Our premiership window has closed, and it won't reopen for years.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I seem to remember Travis Norton had a good kicking game., that was what late 90's to early 2000?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nene Macdonald leaves the Titans to sign a 3 year deal with the Dragons.

Has someone forgotten to tell Cleal and Des that we will be missing a winger next year?

1. BMoz
2. ???????
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee

Unless they are planning to promote internally (although we know Holland isn't the answer).

Could be an interesting NRl Nines in 2017 for us... winger trials?
He is good but hardly a gun recruit, we need play makers and need them urgently.

I'm with you and would happily take any one of these asap

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our cap is fucked.

Our premiership window has closed, and it won't reopen for years.
Not all is lost. We can do a complete rebuild.. I think the nucleus is there it's just were spending too much on forwards. I'd dump tolman and Graham and bring in some youngsters.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all is lost. We can do a complete rebuild.. I think the nucleus is there it's just were spending too much on forwards. I'd dump tolman and Graham and bring in some youngsters.
Id dump des and say throw the fucking ball around and practice how to pull a kick short of the dead ball line

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Graham and Tolman should be let go if possible.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whats so funny about moving back to an older style lock? Could be a massive help to these hapless halves. Jackson would be a good lock but then whose going to help Reynolds defend?
I just don't see any value in a kicking lock atm. there isn't a single one in the game and doubt any are developing in the lower grades. You want an extra general play kicker then you should have a Fullback or Hooker take up that role, don't think any forward should wastw there time developing a kicking game other than a grubber.

Jackson would be my lock without a doubt next season, wanted him there this year but obviously never going to happen considering our structures.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we should look at that Tom opacic kid from broncos. Has gone alright in the centres for them

Status
Not open for further replies.