Once Again Gallop Adds Fuel To The Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again Gallop has made things alot worse for the game than they should be at the moment.

I'm not talking about preventing any of this back in 2002, I'm not even talking about suspensions and inconsistencies, I'm talking about the fact that Gallop has once again panicked and made it seem like the game is in dire straits when it isn't.

Instead of simply acknowledging this story and simply saying "that was seven years ago now and it was dealt with at the time." and then something like: "We would like to think we would deal with any similar situation differently in the future". And then: "That is all I haver to say on the matter".

Instead Gallop has a prolonged press conference adding fuel to the fire when he should be doing his best to deflect this type of attention away from League. Instead he talks out of his ass trying to make claims about what to do and how to prevent it when he can't. About Johns' role at Channel 9 or "in Rugby League" and how he should come under more scrutiny when that kind of thing is out of his control and shouldn't be for him to comment.

Gallop harps on about potential lost sponsors. Why? For what? Why even bring that up publicly and put the very thought in the public's heads or even the sponsors heads?

Does Gallop have to get on his soap box every time and make himself look like JFK when he looks more like George W Bush but alot less intelligent?

Put simply: Gallop should shut his mouth and not make things worse for the sake of him trying to grandstand and "prove" that he is some great, defiant leader when he has yet again proven what an incapable, bumbling fool he is who is completely out of his element and bereft of any real clue of what to do in any situation.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I cant stand Gallop, hes got one of those faces that is crying out for a beating.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
There it is. Was waiting all day yesterday for a response.
Cue 'Rainman' reference, and at least one reference to 'peanut butter on a playing card'.
(just kidding- I agree 100%)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There it is. Was waiting all day yesterday for a response.
Cue 'Rainman' reference, and at least one reference to 'peanut butter on a playing card'.
(just kidding- I agree 100%)
Haha, I do use the "peanut butter on a playing card" alot don't I? :p

I'm glad you agree Chris McBain.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is such a weak and horrible representative of this game. What a disgrace he is and how embarrassing it must be to have to work under him

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you Btrain. He has got to go seriously.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Got to agree with you there Ben. He makes me ****ing cringe sometimes.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
when are they gonne piss gallop off. he's been there since 01 or 02 and is still screwing ther game over

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
where's my f#cking Rainman analogy?
"Definitely a problem, definitely sorry, yeah."

"I'm an excellent public speaker, yeah, 15 minutes til unneccessary press conference, yeah."

You happy now punk?

M

mofo sixx

who would you replace him with ?

honestly Gallop is in a tough job, its easy to throw stones, his hands are tied in a lot of ways

i dont see how anyone else could do things any differently, its the nature of the beast,
its the structure of the NRL which needs to change, its that which is not working.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Once again Gallop has made things alot worse for the game than they should be at the moment.

I'm not talking about preventing any of this back in 2002, I'm not even talking about suspensions and inconsistencies, I'm talking about the fact that Gallop has once again panicked and made it seem like the game is in dire straits when it isn't.

Instead of simply acknowledging this story and simply saying "that was seven years ago now and it was dealt with at the time." and then something like: "We would like to think we would deal with any similar situation differently in the future". And then: "That is all I haver to say on the matter".

Instead Gallop has a prolonged press conference adding fuel to the fire when he should be doing his best to deflect this type of attention away from League. Instead he talks out of his ass trying to make claims about what to do and how to prevent it when he can't. About Johns' role at Channel 9 or "in Rugby League" and how he should come under more scrutiny when that kind of thing is out of his control and shouldn't be for him to comment.

Gallop harps on about potential lost sponsors. Why? For what? Why even bring that up publicly and put the very thought in the public's heads or even the sponsors heads?

Does Gallop have to get on his soap box every time and make himself look like JFK when he looks more like George W Bush but alot less intelligent?

Put simply: Gallop should shut his mouth and not make things worse for the sake of him trying to grandstand and "prove" that he is some great, defiant leader when he has yet again proven what an incapable, bumbling fool he is who is completely out of his element and bereft of any real clue of what to do in any situation.
Why is there not one journalist in the media saying this !?!?!?

Because all of them are too scared to buck the trend and they know if they were to say anything remotely realistic they would be shouted down by womens groups and Gayvid Gallop

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is there not one journalist in the media saying this !?!?!?

Because all of them are too scared to buck the trend and they know if they were to say anything remotely realistic they would be shouted down by womens groups and Gayvid Gallop
Mate I've been fed up for years that no "journos" in the mainstream media offer opinions that truly reflect what the common fan is thinking and that bucks the trend like you said.

Nowhere near enough quality opinion pieces. Instead the only opinion pieces you get are rumour spreading crap or stuff that perpetuates selling papers like these very scandals.

No one out there asks the hard questions or speaks their mind. It is very frustrating because as a result someone like Gallop gets away with murder as the media puts no pressure on him.

The fact is that Channel 9 are too scared to rip into him and the NRL because they don't want to lose the TV rights when they come up as they know how important they are for 9 and how cheaply they got them. They don't want Gallop gone because of that.

And then Foxsports, The Telegraph and Australian won't venture into any negative comments about the people at the NRL or Gallop himself as again, the NRL is half owned by the company that owns these businesses!

So in the end we basically have a propoganda like situation with controlled or limited content filtering through.

The politics at hand are immense and it is sickening.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gallops a tosser fullstop.hes one bloke you would not go to trenches with...got no grit and does not protect the nrl.always ready to jump on the players instead of actually thinking about the rights of players as people....at this rate there will be no nrl if people keep bringing up gossip stories.

½

friend of stevie j
Reaction score
gallops a tosser fullstop.hes one bloke you would not go to trenches with...got no grit and does not protect the nrl.always ready to jump on the players instead of actually thinking about the rights of players as people....at this rate there will be no nrl if people keep bringing up gossip stories.
well he wasn't addressing gossip

and the nrl does has a problem with attitudes towards woman. a change in attitude has to come from the top

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GAllop gets his face ****ed by the media. He does what they want. ****ing idiot.

I dont agree with taking him off the footy show. Andrew Voss and Fatty Vautin? FOR ***S SAKE.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Women will stil follow the sport no matter what. They arent going to watch it because they are nice to women. *** dat ****.

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am sooo over all this rubbish.
I still dont understand what he did wrong? Fair enough it was infedility, immoral ... but what the f*&k does that have to do with anyone else.
David Gallop is a deadset moron! It was 7 years ago, Johns and the rest of the team were cleared ... so why does David feel obliged to make such a sweeping statement?

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The girl was a slut, she was getting gang banged, she wanted it, she got it, the end. Now she has realised how much of a slut she is and is suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.