Oliver Gildart

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who was the number 5 outside him sign him aswell.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't qualify!
He has a sidestep and swerve.

He only qualifies if he runs like Montoya and runs straight, gets pushed back 5mtrs in a tackle or tries to take on a defender on the outside and runs into the 4th row of the stadium, and keeps running and running.............down Parramatta Rd.
I always thought Montoya looked like he was running on a treadmill, his legs start pumping but he goes nowhere.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oliver Terrance Gildart is an English professional rugby league footballer who plays as a centre for the Wigan Warriors in the Betfred Super League, and has played for England and Great Britain at international level.
He looks very good. Fast, can step, pass and fend.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute weapon..probably should have got him over Cotric.. lol

Really need to find a spot for avo before we start signing people really..
Avo is in the halves, we just need the right partner supporting him. Alternatively, he can cover FB.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Hall is unfair, everytime he plays he is one of the top metre makers. They never get the ball out to his Wing. I feel sorry for Hall. Thinking back to Joe Burgess at the Roosters. He was the same, got no ball.

He then went off to Souths and did well. I think there is something at the Roosters where they dont like English players!
Welcome to the Kennel it's always great to read a different prospective / take on things.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avo is in the halves, we just need the right partner supporting him. Alternatively, he can cover FB.
But we don't know that yet... He keeps getting played in the centres and why his not tried at 6 or at FB is quite stupid considering if Gildart comes we have 3 definite centres unless Hoppa plays FB.

If he does become a 6, do you still chase Burton? What then of Wakeham?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who was the number 5 outside him sign him aswell.
I haven't watched the video but it's probably Liam Marshall fast no nonsense winger.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe we could we use Hoppa as a ball playing forward? Everyone has him as a centre or fullback but with every passing season Hoppa is getting slower, but he still has those silky hands of his.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oliver Terrance Gildart is an English professional rugby league footballer who plays as a centre for the Wigan Warriors in the Betfred Super League, and has played for England and Great Britain at international level.
Watching these halves get the ball wide to there outside backs just shows even more how terrible our halves and backline is. Tolman is our first receiver before it goes wide, yuk!‍♂‍♂

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Andrew Johns comments about him saying you need a hooker, he mentioned our Daryl Clark. I have been on and had a look to see if there's been any mention of him from your end. I've come across this thread with Oliver Gildart, i have to agree with the comments someone mentioned previously. English backs never seem to do well in Aus. Forwards do well, and George Williams has surprised me that he is doing well but im sure the Raiders fans will get fed up of his short kicks on the 2nd and 3rd tackle.

Anyway, back to Gildart. Got a great highlight reel there, but i just think he is too small for the NRL. He has a bit of speed and has international experience but i would say Kallum Watkins is a better centre and he's come back home, although he chose just about the worst club to go to....
Gildart is the same height as the Morris boys

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Currier, Offiah, Topliss, Bishop, Schofield, Jonathan Davies, Hanley..... exceptional players
At present and for the last 10ish years outside backs in the NRL have typically been towards 100kg. From the limited Super league footage I've seen, that isn't the case with their competition. They still cater to smaller players on the edges. I think in the long run the fact that size seems to restrict smaller guys in the NRL will have a negative impact on the number of people playing league in Australia.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
After Andrew Johns comments about him saying you need a hooker, he mentioned our Daryl Clark. I have been on and had a look to see if there's been any mention of him from your end. I've come across this thread with Oliver Gildart, i have to agree with the comments someone mentioned previously. English backs never seem to do well in Aus. Forwards do well, and George Williams has surprised me that he is doing well but im sure the Raiders fans will get fed up of his short kicks on the 2nd and 3rd tackle.

Anyway, back to Gildart. Got a great highlight reel there, but i just think he is too small for the NRL. He has a bit of speed and has international experience but i would say Kallum Watkins is a better centre and he's come back home, although he chose just about the worst club to go to....
Yep I see Gildart as another Curtis Scott (Raiders) without the shit in his game. I won't be upset if we get him as he has good hands. If you have good halves and an elite finisher on the wing it works really well. Whose the best winger over on the SL in your opinion. I try like Tom Johnstone think he's wasting his time at Wakefield, needs to make a move imo.

Wire_mark

New Pup
Reaction score
I'd take the Morris brothers even at the back end of there career ahead of Gildart.

Welcome to the Kennel it's always great to read a different prospective / take on things.
Thanks! I follow the NRL closely, and came over to Aus for the State of Origin specifically a few years ago. Was at the ANZ game where it was Thurstons last ever SOO appearance where he kicked the winner right at the death. Really enjoyed my three weeks over there and would love to do it again. Hopefully wasnt a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Wire_mark

New Pup
Reaction score
I haven't watched the video but it's probably Liam Marshall fast no nonsense winger.
It was Joe Burgess who was at the Roosters and Souths for 1 season. Wigan do have a good set of wingers in Liam Marshall, Dom Manfredi and Joe Burgess. 3 in to 2 doesnt go though.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gildart looks promising. I would not complain if we got Gildart and Clark. Gildart looks like a stronger and faster version of Zac Lomax.

Last edited: