Oliver Gildart

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He seems to have a knack for finding a support runner as well as scoring a few himself.
He doesn't qualify!
He has a sidestep and swerve.

He only qualifies if he runs like Montoya and runs straight, gets pushed back 5mtrs in a tackle or tries to take on a defender on the outside and runs into the 4th row of the stadium, and keeps running and running.............down Parramatta Rd.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck it’s all happening.!!!

Barrett seems to be our light at the end of this long dark tunnel we’ve been stuck in for many years, loving it .!!!
I still regard this as a very loose rumour. Looks like a good centre though.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Where’s the article or whatever about it?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All this talk of Bird, Walker, A.Hopoate, Gildart and Burton is kinda concerning. Obviously we won't get them all but Averillo should be 1 or 6 and it's starting to concern me...
Where does this leave Averillo?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about that...if you were a bus driver, would you let Nasheed on the bus?
You have a point!!
Nasheed, we might have to smuggle you in.
Yes, I know...Dutchie has to be with you.
All sorted....no smoking though!

Screenshot_20200721-201325_Google.jpg

Nasheed, once you get on the bus....don't fall asleep and prey there are no pot holes....

Screenshot_20200721-201424_Google.jpg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa....2 strike centers. Where does that leave Montoya and Holland?
Actually, where does that leave Hoppa? If he stays at FB, what about Avo?
If Avo plays 6, what about Burton? If Burton plays 7, and this is the most important question.....what about Lewis?
Nasheed will be livid!!!!!

Wire_mark

New Pup
Reaction score
After Andrew Johns comments about him saying you need a hooker, he mentioned our Daryl Clark. I have been on and had a look to see if there's been any mention of him from your end. I've come across this thread with Oliver Gildart, i have to agree with the comments someone mentioned previously. English backs never seem to do well in Aus. Forwards do well, and George Williams has surprised me that he is doing well but im sure the Raiders fans will get fed up of his short kicks on the 2nd and 3rd tackle.

Anyway, back to Gildart. Got a great highlight reel there, but i just think he is too small for the NRL. He has a bit of speed and has international experience but i would say Kallum Watkins is a better centre and he's come back home, although he chose just about the worst club to go to....

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m liking the idea of ‘where does it leave this guy’ or ‘where does it leave that guy’. What this all should mean is if you’re not the best we can get then you get left out! Time for the overhaul

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh.... Don't rate English backs. Tompkins, Watkins, Hardacker, Joe Burgess and Hall all failed to leave a mark.

Wire_mark

New Pup
Reaction score
I think Hall is unfair, everytime he plays he is one of the top metre makers. They never get the ball out to his Wing. I feel sorry for Hall. Thinking back to Joe Burgess at the Roosters. He was the same, got no ball.

He then went off to Souths and did well. I think there is something at the Roosters where they dont like English players!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Think that article is just a mish mash of "i've heards, i've reads" tbh.

Mounties split with Canberra was confirmed a week ago via Canberra Times.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't qualify!
He has a sidestep and swerve.

He only qualifies if he runs like Montoya and runs straight, gets pushed back 5mtrs in a tackle or tries to take on a defender on the outside and runs into the 4th row of the stadium, and keeps running and running.............down Parramatta Rd.
Hopefully those aren't the requirements moving forwards though. Assuming it's announced soon the Cotric signing will give us spark out wide. Thompson is already adding something to our pack. Can't say that I'm disappointed with either of our recruits for next year at this stage.

All this talk of Bird, Walker, A.Hopoate, Gildart and Burton is kinda concerning. Obviously we won't get them all but Averillo should be 1 or 6 and it's starting to concern me...
He's got versatility on his side. So hopefully he'll force his way into a position and make it his own. If we winf up with enough good backline options that he's rated as second string it's a positive.

I’m liking the idea of ‘where does it leave this guy’ or ‘where does it leave that guy’. What this all should mean is if you’re not the best we can get then you get left out! Time for the overhaul
Exactly my thinking. Through our great era's we tended to have a number of great players in reserves that could walk into plenty of rosters as starting players. If we wind up in a situation in the next two years where we have high quality reserves it is a massive positive. It'll keep the starting 17 on their toes and hopefully means that if a decent player gets injured it doesn't signal the end of our chances to compete for the rest of the season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Currier, Offiah, Topliss, Bishop, Schofield, Jonathan Davies, Hanley..... exceptional players
That was over 30 years ago when even the French were competitive.....