15.King

16.Asiata

17.Ava and or RFM if and when ready
Wtf

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
good discussion

it seems the major point of contention here is whether TPJ plays middle or edge. I got the pen and paper out this afternoon and compiled 6 or 7 different draft teams of us for 2022. What stood out for me was the balance of the team was always at its best when TPJ was stationed in the 2nd row.

also put some bench rotation role plays to the test and our rotations definitely worked best with TPJ playing big minutes on the edge as opposed to more limited mins through the middle. Less disruption to the shape of the team if an outside back goes down early also. Ran a couple of scenarios of an early injury to winger or fullback. If Barrett’s doing his homework also then I’m near certain TPJ lines up in jumper 11 or 12

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good discussion

it seems the major point of contention here is whether TPJ plays middle or edge. I got the pen and paper out this afternoon and compiled 6 or 7 different draft teams of us for 2022. What stood out for me was the balance of the team was always at its best when TPJ was stationed in the 2nd row.

also put some bench rotation role plays to the test and our rotations definitely worked best with TPJ playing big minutes on the edge as opposed to more limited mins through the middle. Less disruption to the shape of the team if an outside back goes down early also. Ran a couple of scenarios of an early injury to winger or fullback. If Barrett’s doing his homework also then I’m near certain TPJ lines up in jumper 11 or 12
That wouldn’t worry me one little bit what worries me is the 7 and 9 especially the 7 most think Avo I just don’t think he is halve all we need from Flanno is to organise tackle and kick don’t forget he is a good goal kicker if he learns that in the off season he could at least have a good year like he did at the Roosters

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That wouldn’t worry me one little bit what worries me is the 7 and 9 especially the 7 most think Avo I just don’t think he is halve all we need from Flanno is to organise tackle and kick don’t forget he is a good goal kicker if he learns that in the off season he could at least have a good year like he did at the Roosters
can we even get that from Flanagan though? Goal kicking probably. General play kicking is mud, organisation is mud. Brother I’m not sold on either option but I feel as though there’s a bit more upside to Avo based on this years performances

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can we even get that from Flanagan though? Goal kicking probably. General play kicking is mud, organisation is mud. Brother I’m not sold on either option but I feel as though there’s a bit more upside to Avo based on this years performances
I’m not sold on either also I was listening to SEN morning glory Matt Johns and Joey Johns they all seem to reckon Avo is a great player but his position isn’t in the halves and that we need to give Flanno a proper go there I think they said something about Gus and from what I heard he seems to agree but it really comes down to Baz and what he thinks going forward but we can’t make the same mistake like this year keep on changing and chopping we need to pick a 7 and stick with it as much as we can

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Averillo deserves to be Burtons halves partner. He has developed nicely and I think the 2 can make a good combo. I think Schoupp deserves a go as well in the centres with Naden. We have some good backup in the backs now so hopefully there will be competition for spots.

1. Dufty
2. Fox
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Averillo
7. Burton
8. Vaughan
9. Marshall King
10. Thompson
11. Pangai
12. Mariner
13. Jackson
14. Biondi-Odo
15. Hetherington
16. Asiata
17. Doorey/King/Stimson/Waddell.

I like Burns and if he gets back to that form where he was tearing it up for Souths that would be great. He would be in the team for sure.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Averillo deserves to be Burtons halves partner. He has developed nicely and I think the 2 can make a good combo. I think Schoupp deserves a go as well in the centres with Naden. We have some good backup in the backs now so hopefully there will be competition for spots.

1. Dufty
2. Fox
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Averillo
7. Burton
8. Vaughan
9. Marshall King
10. Thompson
11. Pangai
12. Mariner
13. Jackson
14. Biondi-Odo
15. Hetherington
16. Asiata
17. Doorey/King/Stimson/Waddell.

I like Burns and if he gets back to that form where he was tearing it up for Souths that would be great. He would be in the team for sure.
Nice looking side mate.But in my opinion Burton is an out & out 6

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good discussion

Totally agree with you. But the problem is we are one prop short. Vaughn is the only real prop. Hopefully Patolo can step up.
This will allow TPJ and Thompson to play on the edge where they are better suited.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not sold on either also I was listening to SEN morning glory Matt Johns and Joey Johns they all seem to reckon Avo is a great player but his position isn’t in the halves and that we need to give Flanno a proper go there I think they said something about Gus and from what I heard he seems to agree but it really comes down to Baz and what he thinks going forward but we can’t make the same mistake like this year keep on changing and chopping we need to pick a 7 and stick with it as much as we can
I'm so sick of hearing idiots in the media say that Flanagan didn't get an opportunity and he was hard done by. He played in 13 games and was horrible in every game aside from maybe Round 1 against Newcastle. He got worse each game and was invisible by the end.

He was the worst half at the club behind Averillo, Wakeham and Lewis. That's saying something. Clearly they didn't watch Flanagan play. And if they did and they still think that, then they're even dumber than I thought.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
this is the best possible side in my opinion.
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Addo-carr
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Cook
10. TPJ
11. Hetherington
12. RFM
13. Asiata
14. Averillo
15. Vaughan
16. Jackson
17. Patolo
Great starting side with everyone playing their preferred position. I dont want to see jackson playing 13 i think he needs to be benched towards this end of his career bit like simon mannering at the warriors just getting slow but still a workhorse and can be a worth for defense. Bench is also solid. Wakeham and averillo can swap i just dont want to see flanagan there

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If it weren't for his dad being in the circles we would have never heard of Flanno at all.

UpDaDoggies1935

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1.Dufty

2.Cotric

3.Naden

4.Burns

5.Fox

6.Burton

7.Flanno to bad we got no choice

8.TPJ

9.JMK

10.Vaughan

11.Jacko - C

12.Hetho

13.Thommo

Subs

14.Avo

15.King

16.Asiata

17.Ava and or RFM if and when ready
Schoupp ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
this is the best possible side in my opinion.
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Addo-carr
6. Burton
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Cook
10. TPJ
11. Hetherington
12. RFM
13. Asiata
14. Averillo
15. Vaughan
16. Jackson
17. Patolo
Great starting side with everyone playing their preferred position. I dont want to see jackson playing 13 i think he needs to be benched towards this end of his career bit like simon mannering at the warriors just getting slow but still a workhorse and can be a worth for defense. Bench is also solid. Wakeham and averillo can swap i just dont want to see flanagan there
I like that you've strengthened the bench with a bit of firepower after 20-25 minutes.

RFM a question mark but must be picked at this stage.

Coverage if 9 is injured/stuffed is a concern...Asiata?

At this early stage Wakes is the most experienced fit for Burton. We MUST not burdon him with the responsibility of creating everything NOR have a mistake prone, or inexperienced or indecisive 7 beside him or else he will be shackled. With injuries, form etc BBO will get his chance from reserves.

Here's hoping we can now go back to our tried and true Bulldogs way of testing and bringing along players in their best positions from reserve grade. NOT LEARNING THE TRADE IN FIRST GRADE AS WE HAVE HAD TO DO THESE PAST FEW YEARS.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like that you've strengthened the bench with a bit of firepower after 20-25 minutes.

RFM a question mark but must be picked at this stage.

Coverage if 9 is injured/stuffed is a concern...Asiata?

At this early stage Wakes is the most experienced fit for Burton. We MUST not burdon him with the responsibility of creating everything NOR have a mistake prone, or inexperienced or indecisive 7 beside him or else he will be shackled. With injuries, form etc BBO will get his chance from reserves.

Here's hoping we can now go back to our tried and true Bulldogs way of testing and bringing along players in their best positions from reserve grade. NOT LEARNING THE TRADE IN FIRST GRADE AS WE HAVE HAD TO DO THESE PAST FEW YEARS.
Raymond has to start for me. Jackson absolutely not too slow and not strike power in his game and waddell/stimson are absolutely duds. Tevita should be in the middle imo. He’s always played his best career games at prop and only a few ones at backrow. Vaughan on the bench provides some solid option coming into the middle of games. Averillo can cover all backline and play as a tyrone peachey role with his footwork and half skills. Wakeham cops it too much on here, the guy is very good at his game and his role with burton is perfect. Asiata should be lock unless his injuries struck then i would have jackson. Asiata can provide some ball playing in the middle also along with his prop body.