Okay, lineup for 2022

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We've bought a lot of players and some I hadn't even heard of or some haven't seen play but
things do seem promising looking at our squad and having Phil Gould on board. Maybe with Gus
around and the players it allows Barrett to play the way he wants.

Top 17. Even though I don't know all the players

1. Dufty
2. Ado-Carr
3. Braidon Burns
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flannagan
8. Thompson
9. JmK- Cook comes in when injured
10. Vaughn
11. Hethrington
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Max King - runs hard
16. TPJ
17. John Asiata

Then there's Okunbor and there's quite a few others like Stuckey and Tui from Tigers
Looks like we will have the depth next year,
keen to hear what others think of our squad for next year!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan will be moved on. Schoupp will definitely start ahead of Burns.. There's no way we're signing Tevita for 700k to play off the bench. I doubt RFM is ready to start the season or could be relied upon for big minutes when he does play.. BBO has to be at 14 as a utility/bench hooker..

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addo Carr
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan/Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Marshall-King
10. Vaughan
11. Pangai Junior
12. Hetherington
13. Jackson

14. Averillo/Biondi Odo
15. Patolo
16. Asiata
17. Seumanufagai

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No half, no hooker. RFM is an unknown now due to foot injury so I doubt he makes run on. Definite strike out the back & Jackson in finally at lock where he belongs. Still think we are 9 to 12 until we get spine fully sorted. Averillo plays centre and Burns plays wing. I think they will try to move Allen & Cotric on during off season & make play for an experienced half.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan will be moved on. Schoupp will definitely start ahead of Burns.. There's no way we're signing Tevita for 700k to play off the bench. I doubt RFM is ready to start the season or could be relied upon for big minutes when he does play.. BBO has to be at 14 as a utility/bench hooker..
good points, I was think Tevita for impact though,
I like Biodo at 14 too but where does Averillo play if that's the case?
And how do you know Flanagan is being moved on?

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most posts have Thompson at Prop but I thought his best / most effective games for us have been at Lock.
Hetherington and Vaughan at Prop,
8. Hetherington
10. Vaughan
11. Jackson
12. TPJ
13. Thompson

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've bought a lot of players and some I hadn't even heard of or some haven't seen play but
things do seem promising looking at our squad and having Phil Gould on board. Maybe with Gus
around and the players it allows Barrett to play the way he wants.

Top 17. Even though I don't know all the players

1. Dufty
2. Ado-Carr
3. Braidon Burns
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flannagan
8. Thompson
9. JmK- Cook comes in when injured
10. Vaughn
11. Hethrington
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Max King - runs hard
16. TPJ
17. John Asiata

Then there's Okunbor and there's quite a few others like Stuckey and Tui from Tigers
Looks like we will have the depth next year,
keen to hear what others think of our squad for next year!
Any lineup that has Flanno at 7 automatically gets a laugh emoji from me. I have NFI who the 7 will be but I'll bet my left nut it ain't gonna be Flanno. As B-Train said, surely he'll be moved on (along with Allen). Avo or BBO are likely to be fighting it out for the 7 jersey (unless we get Pearce)

Cook over JMK please

Alamoti will get a run before Burns does

The bench will depend on how the players go in the offseason. I really like the look of Stuckey so he might be a smokey for a bench spot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
good points, I was think Tevita for impact though,
I like Biodo at 14 too but where does Averillo play if that's the case?
And how do you know Flanagan is being moved on?
TPJ has to start. Averillo will either start in the halves or be in Reserves. BBO is a better bench option at this stage. Wakeham would probably start if Averillo didn't.

Flanagan will be moved on because he's not going to play FG with us and if anyone is interested, the club won't stand in his way. If he can't find another club, he'll be in Reserves.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather play another forward at half back then give flanno another go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham or BBO will probably do more than ok for 2022. We have a far better forward pack now to pull their weight and gain ground and space. Happy to see how they go pairing with Burto. He will run the show and they just need to back up, and look after right side backs, kicks for tries and repeat sets if there's nothing on.

It's dh/hooker I'm more concerned with. Obviously JMK could improve now that we have bigger, agile forwards but he still doesn't seem to have the skill to pick out opposition weaknesses or a good pass selection...never throws it for the forwards to run onto for instance. Cook is FG unknown and hopefully a surprise package for us.

Flanaghan to not even get selected in reserves so he can stilt their play either as far as I am concerned :grinning:

Having said that I think all of these players will improve markedly with Gus around the group. He commands respect, is inspirational with his knowledge of the game, expects players to be hard and tough, and can throw up some pretty hardnosed motivational speeches.

Things look on track to set some demanding, and thorough, standards of play, and fitness, and game awareness with him at the helm and ALL the coaching staff will need to be on their best game as well.

Let's hope there's lots of pre-season training updates to fill the void of waiting till our rebuilt team get out there in Round 1.

Last edited:

willow dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Schoupp had a shoulder op so he will be out for the first 3/4 weeks at the start of the comp

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addocarr
3. Schoupp / Burns
4. Naden / Burns
5. Cotric
6. Averillo
7. Burton
8. Vaughan
9. Jeremy Marshall King
10.Ava
11.Jackson
12.Tpj
13.Thompson

Asiata
King/Patolo
Hetherington
Bbo

it’s not great but should be winning 50% of games .It’s upto Barrett to get a style to suit the running spine we have .
We need a good edge back rower and a organising spine player . Averillo will improve no doubt and has all the skill in the world .

Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Addocarr
3. Schoupp / Burns
4. Naden / Burns
5. Cotric
6. Averillo
7. Burton
8. Vaughan
9. Jeremy Marshall King
10.Ava
11.Jackson
12.Tpj
13.Thompson

Asiata
King/Patolo
Hetherington
Bbo

it’s not great but should be winning 50% of games .It’s upto Barrett to get a style to suit the running spine we have .
We need a good edge back rower and a organising spine player . Averillo will improve no doubt and has all the skill in the world .
Hasn't Wakeham been moved on