* Official* Aaron Woods puts pen to paper with Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I normally keep out of comments here, but seriously another bloody forward??? It's not rocket science to workout what feking positions we are lacking... Lets see what happens next year on our usual 4 or 5 tackle OPTIONS....WILL IT BE 2 PLAYERS FIGHTING EACH OTHER TO HIT IT UP ON 4TH OR 5TH??

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The uniformed tripe one reads about being "official". I haven't seen the real story let out of the bag yet. Aaron Woods is going to make a great number 7. You called for change. Hey Des is giving it in style. Short drop outs. Kicking on the first tackle to the open side on the first tackle one metre out. And now a big bopper at halfback. Des is going to turn this game inside out. And you asked for it.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be more then happy to eat my words next year if we win a premiership but did we really need him? Unless we have offloaded tolman and Graham and a few other players why on earth another front rower? There has to be some sort of plan for the future that us fans don't know about cause what I've seen with signatures etc is making me scratch my head.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Apologies for not coming on here and shitting rainbows!

I don't mind the Woods signing...is he worth what we're paying for him? Let's wait and see.

For now, here's a stat, from my sad sack....we're currently experiencing the 2nd longest premiership drought in Bulldogs history!
In addition to that we're not in the 8 and we're playing a shit style of footy.

If that makes you chipper, then good luck to you!

Current state of our club fucking annoys the hell outta me.

Have a nice day!
Congratulations! This is the first post that didn't have a Fuck Des in it, well except for your footer of course. So with will power you can do it. It sure is a sad sack you have there because everything you say is negative. We win a game and the opposition is rubbish. We lose a game and its back to Fuck Des again. Even your qualified support for Woods has a sting in its tail. I just don't understand if it annoys you to the point that you have to tell everyone why you even read any of this stuff and coment on it. It's almost like you ran out of needles to poke yourself in the eye with. There isn't a genuine bulldogs fan in the world who is satisfied that we haven't won a comp for a while but I'm sure just about all of them can at some point find a positive among all the negatives. Even the we're not in the 8 at the moment comment - really? Last week we were equal 4th and this week if we win we will be equal 5th. I'm more interested in what position we are in September than April. I seriously worry that my tax dollars are paying for your ulcer medication.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apologies for not coming on here and shitting rainbows!

I don't mind the Woods signing...is he worth what we're paying for him? Let's wait and see.

For now, here's a stat, from my sad sack....we're currently experiencing the 2nd longest premiership drought in Bulldogs history!
In addition to that we're not in the 8 and we're playing a shit style of footy.

If that makes you chipper, then good luck to you!

Current state of our club fucking annoys the hell outta me.

Have a nice day!
Good on you magdog, its good to read how someone feels and says what they think.

Yeah I'm glad we'll have Aaron Woods at the club for the next four years. At least his addition will make it to about three forwards who are willing to man up and play it hard.

I don't think we always play a shitty style of footy though. A lot of the time we're not that good.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people reacting as if it hasn't been in the news for weeks that we'd probably sign him?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's official now, club just released a statement

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods has joined the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on a four year deal that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2021 season.

The Dally M Prop of the Year in 2015, and veteran of 9 Test matches and 11 State of Origin's, will link up with the Bulldogs at the completion of this season.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle expressed her delight at the signing of Woods: "Aaron is an outstanding footballer who has played at the highest level and is someone who will bring both experience and leadership to the Bulldogs. Equally, he is a quality human being and someone who I know will fit into the culture of a club with strong family values. We wish him all the best for the rest of this season with the Tigers and look forward to him joining us at the end of the season.

Coach Des Hasler was also looking forward to Woods joining the club: "Aaron will bring a great deal to the Bulldogs, both on and off the field. He is proven in both the International and State arenas and that level of experience will be most valuable to our club."

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy to have him and happy for one bit of signing speculation to be over.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait for next year and this year lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh happy too! Hopefully Foran next

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unless Tolman gets moved on (or Graham but I hope not) I still don't understand the signing as Klemmer is playing out of position and we didn't need another high priced prop.

Hopefully Woods puts the last few years behind him and reignites his career with us because his form has been declining for a few years. But maybe that has a lot to do with playing with a horrible pack at the tigers the whole time

Another reason why this whole pathetic rule of signing players for next season before the current season is over needs changing... What if Woods or Reynolds tore their acl last night?

Then either club would be paying top dollar for someone who wouldn't be healthy for a whole year or more. Please change this rule. It's not that hard FFS. Every other league has free agent signings at the end of the season.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would his hamstring injury affect him in the long term?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would his hamstring injury affect him in the long term?
Nah I wouldn't think so, Props usually avoid leg problems, with props it's mostly upper body issue so he should be alright.

However the tigers are going to have to worry about Reynolds and his hamstring with the way he plays.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get rid of the CEO. Female CEO's are weak. Wish Greenberg was still here or Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.