* Official* Aaron Woods puts pen to paper with Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of Woods and feel that he goes missing too often BUT I will cheer him on and maybe I might see some of the things that others clearly do when I watch him week in/week out at the greatest club of all.

Welcome aboard.
Thats because he is the only one carrying the team.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

This is how scum treat a local junior and club captain .. Welcome Aaron Woods, we'll happily cheer you on loud and proud unlike the shit you represent now
I don't blame those fans for being frustrated to be fair. How would you feel if James Graham left us to another club for less money? I would be pissed too.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't blame those fans for being frustrated to be fair. How would you feel if James Graham left us to another club for less money? I would be pissed too.
I wouldn't blame Graham one bit for leaving to a team for less money if he was wanting to leave because he was playing in a team with board like the Tigers have had for at least the last 6-7 years and in a team where your own team mates were betting on the opposition or in a team where you didnt know who was going to be the coach from year to year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame Graham one bit for leaving to a team for less money if he was wanting to leave because he was playing in a team with board like the Tigers have had for at least the last 6-7 years and in a team where your own team mates were betting on the opposition or in a team where you didnt know who was going to be the coach from year to year.
Fair enough, I don't know how I would feel until it happened but I don't blame the Tigers fans reacting like that.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't our fans do something similar when we wanted Andrew Ryan gone and Kevin Moore?

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great signing. And as the great bullfrog said, When you think you have enough forwards. Go out and buy another one!
Yes I agree back in the 90's , but HEY Its 2017 and when you don't have proper halves, A FB or 9 and no real game plan in attack (CHECK WHO IS ALMOST LAST IN ATTACK) maybe another forward is a no go when you have them at the club ALREADY...ASK DES??

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can't stand him.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score

This is how scum treat a local junior and club captain .. Welcome Aaron Woods, we'll happily cheer you on loud and proud unlike the shit you represent now

Horrible supporters , after all the games he's played his heart out for

Nems35

Waterboy
Reaction score
You'd feel the same if it was the other way around.
It is the other way around they've signed Reynolds? We don't boo him and make signs about him we show him respect because he has given everything he could to this club and he wore the blue and white with nothing less than absolute passion

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Horrible supporters , after all the games he's played his heart out for
Ah its not all of em , was walking the dog yesterday in my dogs jersey a chap in a tigers hat come up and said good win against the raiders . And had a bit of chat asked him his thoughts on woods he said shit happens its a buisness cant be to angry.
So yeah poor form from a minority tars em with the same brush unfortunately.
Fucking how many times we been tared lol

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Ah its not all of em , was walking the dog yesterday in my dogs jersey a chap in a tigers hat come up and said good win against the raiders . And had a bit of chat asked him his thoughts on woods he said shit happens its a buisness cant be to angry.
So yeah poor form from a minority tars em with the same brush unfortunately.
Fucking how many times we been tared lol

Lol nah I know it's not all of them (my mums a Tigpies supporter) pretty much the ones who went out of their way to embarrass themselves & their club

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
It is the other way around they've signed Reynolds? We don't boo him and make signs about him we show him respect because he has given everything he could to this club and he wore the blue and white with nothing less than absolute passion
Our club didn't want Reynolds. Tigers wanted woods.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thought this quote from Woods during the Bulldogs match was pretty funny...

Apparently, at one stage of the game, Woods cheekily said to his opposite Aiden Tolman: “Don’t get that jersey dirty because it’s mine next year.”

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable fella, four years is building for the future, will improve under Bulldog management.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been said yet. But, if you're wondering why Tigers fans are so upset with Woods, it's because he's dragged out these contract negotiations for months, he couldn't be bothered to let the Tigers know he wouldn't be re-signing when they imposed a deadline and just the general lack of respect he has showed the club over the last couple of months. Fans are sick and tired of the way the captain talks about the team they love. He keeps saying he wants stability and he is unhappy with the media circus around the Tigers but, he has been the reason for that over the past couple of months. Tigers fans believe the actual reason he wants to leave is to take the easy path to a premiership. He can't be bothered to spend the time working towards it at the Tigers. Anyway, I think you would have a hard time trying to find a Tigers fan that likes Aaron Woods now. Just in case you were wondering.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been said yet. But, if you're wondering why Tigers fans are so upset with Woods, it's because he's dragged out these contract negotiations for months, he couldn't be bothered to let the Tigers know he wouldn't be re-signing when they imposed a deadline and just the general lack of respect he has showed the club over the last couple of months. Fans are sick and tired of the way the captain talks about the team they love. He keeps saying he wants stability and he is unhappy with the media circus around the Tigers but, he has been the reason for that over the past couple of months. Tigers fans believe the actual reason he wants to leave is to take the easy path to a premiership. He can't be bothered to spend the time working towards it at the Tigers. Anyway, I think you would have a hard time trying to find a Tigers fan that likes Aaron Woods now. Just in case you were wondering.
Well that is certainly the clubs side of the story. thanks Marina. Of course there are always two sides. How about the lack of support you have given him in the pack for the past 5 years, leaving him to carry the load? How about as a young captain with a young side that you didn't do anything like a reasonable job of protecting him from all the media intrusions over the dysfunctional management of the club? How about the 3 coaches you have sacked since he has been there? How about the fact that your management didn't think it was reasonable to check on the welfare of this supposedly important part of the organisation when all the problems occurred again this year? To be honest I can't believe these young blokes stuck it out as long as they did. It is a tribute to their desire to do the right thing by their team mates and fans that they have. Basically they have had enough of being the whipping boys and now the club and the fans are having a dig at them? Poor form.

Nems35

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our club didn't want Reynolds. Tigers wanted woods.
Have you watched the interview with woods about everything that went on with the board and that club? The tigers would have signed woods if they really wanted him he literally hadn't hear one thing from anyone on the board for 3 wks as the club captain you'd think he'd have some contact they withdrew the contract cause he didn't sign by a certain time when all he wanted was to know 100% who the coach would be and what was happening with the board woods wanted to stay at the tigers he grew up in Leichhardt just like Reynolds grew up in Belmore they both wanted to be 1 club men but the clubs didn't do enough to keep them if they really wanted to keep these players it would've been a done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.