Off season begins! Flanno/Averillo swap for Laurie/Hastings

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aim: finish higher than 12th next season.
Answer: sign half the spine from the team that finished last with 4 wins...

Genius...
Laurie and Hastings were probably the only reason they won those 4 lol

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the heading suggests, Yay or Nay?
Lol at everyone saying NO. It says SWAP.

The Tigers would never go for it but as a question……Would you SWAP these guys as a hypothetical it is 100% no brainer yes.

Both might be from a shit team but individually they are miles ahead of our two.

I actually still believe Hastings is exactly the type of player Burton needs as a 7. Not the superstar 7 but way better than what we have. Way cheaper that the superstar & there are also no superstar 7’s out there to get.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Not really that random... they are literally a straight swap option that will not hamper the cap and add plenty of what we are missing.

An explosive FB and HB who can do things.

It's not the best we can do but it's definitely an option.
I think we can do better tbh. Laurie is more elusive than Avo but still not that much of an upgrade.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
bahaha take a spine combo from a wooden spoon team. Absolute jokers!!

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are either getting Hunt or Sullivan. Fullback should be whoever impresses more in the pre season out of our fullback options.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Neither are the answer. Hastings is a huge improvement on Flanagan (which isn't hard to do) and would do a job, but he's not a top 4/premiership calibre halfback.

Laurie isn't a huge upgrade over Averillo and has fallen off a lot since he impressed when he first joined the Tigers..

Jayden Campbell is the fullback we should target who might be available. He has his flaws too, but he has way more skill and natural talent than Averillo

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Neither are the answer. Hastings is a huge improvement on Flanagan (which isn't hard to do) and would do a job, but he's not a top 4/premiership calibre halfback.

Laurie isn't a huge upgrade over Averillo and has fallen off a lot since he impressed when he first joined the Tigers..

Jayden Campbell is the fullback we should target who might be available. He has his flaws too, but he has way more skill and natural talent than Averillo
I wanted Campbell last year and still want him next year.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we get Nasheed freed for the odf season.
Hes more entertaining than these shit threads

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Off season threads already starting off and its been 3 days.
Yeh it will be a nightmare I'm gonna fukn avoid em after this one lol

NO From me their average really and barely much of an upgrade

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeh it will be a nightmare I'm gonna fukn avoid em after this one lol

NO From me their average really and barely much of an upgrade
If we want to win a premiership by this 2024 date then Ben Hunt is who we have to get. Hastings seems to get alot of injuries with his engaging into the line alot, similar to Foran. He’s too slow and very predictable to what he will do. Jayden Sullivan might be apart of the rebuild and its good he has been learning off Hunt so I wouldn’t be so mad if we get him in which seems all but happening.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at everyone saying NO. It says SWAP.

The Tigers would never go for it but as a question……Would you SWAP these guys as a hypothetical it is 100% no brainer yes.

Both might be from a shit team but individually they are miles ahead of our two.

I actually still believe Hastings is exactly the type of player Burton needs as a 7. Not the superstar 7 but way better than what we have. Way cheaper that the superstar & there are also no superstar 7’s out there to get.
Burton needs to work on a heap of stuff that have nothing to do with who plays 7.

On top of his shortcomings in the passing game which are well documented, he was targeted in D with success during the last two games.