NSW Low Range Drink Drivers to lose license on spot for 3 months.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah thanks for the very insightful reply. Clearly I understand that is the rule, doesn't mean I agree with it.

Being on your phone, being tired, being on some prescription meds are all far worse than being low range. So yeah let's crack down hard on someone who had half a beer too much at dinner, the world will be a much better place right?
Well, why push it ? Anyone can have a couple with dinner and will certainly be under. Take it easy and you’ve got nothing to worry about.
I don’t buy the bullshit "I thought I was ok” my dad blew .055 once and he’d had 2 beers and 3 glasses of wine. That’s a fair bit for one evening.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, why push it ? Anyone can have a couple with dinner and will certainly be under. Take it easy and you’ve got nothing to worry about.
I don’t buy the bullshit "I thought I was ok” my dad blew .055 once and he’d had 2 beers and 3 glasses of wine. That’s a fair bit for one evening.
2 standard drinks in first hour and one every hour after that for me!
Exactly what I did and it works to keep under the limit

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe we need to bring back the snazzy TV commercials...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This law is still bullshit.
I know my limits, last time cops pulled me over and gave me a breath test I was just under the point O five limit.
I didn't kill anyone. I even had my wits and was able to slow down from hitting a drunk Jay walker on Parramatta road!
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me ... That's all I read here.

If you think driving intoxicated is perfectly fine, I'd love to see you try and explain that to people who have lost loved ones innocently at the hands of drunk drivers.

"Oh it'll never happen to me" I'm sure was also said by drivers who have killed people whilst intoxicated.

There's always that 1 time when things go pear shaped.

Exactly. But under new laws I'd be a criminal.
How so? New laws are still under 0.05 you are fine. Over 0.05 you lose your license.

If anything maybe they should look at this:

FIRST OFFENCE
0.05 - 0.08 = $1320 fine (12 penalty units) and 3 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $2360 fine (24 penalty units) and 2 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $3960 fine (36 penalty units) and 1 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $11000 fine (100 penalty units) and no suspension.

SECOND OFFENCE
0.05 - 0.08 = $2360 fine (24 penalty units) and 6 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $5280 fine (48 penalty units) and 4 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $7920 fine (72 penalty units) and 2 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $22000 fine (200 penalty units) and no suspension.

THIRD (and above) OFFENCE
0.05 - 0.08 = $3960 fine (36 penalty units) and 9 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $7920 fine (72 penalty units) and 6 month instant suspension; OR
0.05 - 0.08 = $11880 fine (108 penalty units) and 3 month instant suspension; OR

That way if people REALLY want or need to keep their license after blowing DUI, then they can choose the fine amount to reduce or remove the suspension (or have their employer bail them out).

https://www.9news.com.au/national/d...f-caught/46ce8f42-4059-445a-bce2-899cbcbc5d3b

Explains in the video WHY they have taken such measures away from the courts. Because people would go to court for Low Range DUI and escape with no suspension, no fine, and on conviction.

The changes mean no criminal conviction for low range DUI can be recorded, in exchange for a fine and suspension.

Maybe we need to bring back the snazzy TV commercials...

LOL how do you remember this stuff :D

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop with this you need to speak to families who.have lost families to drink driving.

I don't fall for guilt trips.

If they keep the 0.5 ME will be o.k MrI.

It's alright I just watched Mark Lathams speech, as long as he is around I have hope this country might be saved from getting flushed!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
One more thing if people think the government do these things because they're concerned about saving lives.

Please don't quote me anymore as you're dumb as dog shit!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stop with this you need to speak to families who.have lost families to drink driving.
If you're drinking and driving and think that's okay, maybe you should be less selfish, and more aware of what could happen if your actions take a life or change it.

If they keep the 0.5 ME will be o.k MrI.
They haven't talked about that changing it.. hence not sure why you are getting so worked up over this.

Please don't quote me anymore
OK

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently if people challenge the new low range DD in court they risk a substantially larger fines and longer suspension if found guilty.

Have a go at this **** overnight over 6 times the legal limit!!!!

A man has been charged with high-range drink driving after recording a blood alcohol reading more than six times the legal limit.

Emergency services were called to Garfield Road East in Riverstone, in Sydney’s north-west, after reports of a crash involving a Holden Commodore and another vehicle about 6.15pm.

When police arrived, they spoke with the driver of the Commodore, a 43-year-old man. He returned a positive roadside breath test. He was arrested and taken back to Riverstone Police Station where a breath analysis showed his blood alcohol content was 0.337.

Police enquiries also revealed the man was a disqualified driver and this was his second drink driving offence. He was refused bail and is scheduled to appear at Blacktown Local Court today.