NSW Low Range Drink Drivers to lose license on spot for 3 months.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should the Government be allowed to instantly cancel your licence for three months for smidging over the .05 ?
This looks like more Berejiklian bullying, will clog the courts and create resentment on both sides of the law, Zeig Heil!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a little tough. I hate drink drivers but there should be some measure of acceptability.

This isn't my major issue with this new rule though. My problem is that when they announced the drink driving cancel rule, they also announced that they will be cracking down on drunk poeple on public transport.

They spent so long advertising the "plan B" approach then said, "if you use plan B, we're still going to arrest you"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Of course they should. NO excuse for driving whilst pissed. Not that it matters cause most stupid ***** will just drive unlicensed and courts will just increase the suspension when they catch them.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
56% of drivers charged with low range record no conviction but NSW government have decided that they are judge jury and executioner and will confiscate licenses immediately.

What of the people with false positive readings because of mouthwash? What if your hair care products give a false reading and immediately ruin your career, relationships, the ability to take your sick children and elderly hundreds of kilometres for the required medical treatment?

I have no sympathy for drink drivers and have never been done for anything of the sort but automatic suspensions and inflated fines for low range less about saving lives and more about politics

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yes, they should be able to cancel your licence.

I think the limit should be 0.00.
We're you drunk when you thought that up?

I reckon if I kissed my girlfriend before leaving for work some mornings she would put me over .00

What about people with epilepsy or previous stroke and heart attack victims?

People with 1 eye, people with burqas, dumbarses who drive while wearing a hoody are a bigger danger than being low range.

Before you comment take into consideration how much this might affect people who don't have access to public transport and live remotely. Especially the wrongfully convicted

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Article here: https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ose-licences-immediately-20190506-p51kh4.html

My concern is all this will do is cost people their jobs (tradies will be in crosshairs), and encourage them to drive unlicensed. But at least they have shifted the focus of the road toll reason being speeding (which has been bollocks for a long time).

They should make it:
DUI (Low Range) - instant 1 month suspension (first offence and doubles thereafter).
DUI (Mid Range) - instant 3 month suspension (first offence and doubles thereafter).
DUI (High Range) - instant until court hearing decides (first offence and life thereafter).

Mobile Phone Offences - instant 1 month suspension (first offence and doubles thereafter).

DRUG driving - instant 3 month suspension (first offence and doubles thereafter).

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
No way.
Alcohol effects people differently.

I’m one of those real men who can have a few drinks and not be effected like most average human beings.

I got pulled over a while ago, she breathalysied me and I was a touch over the limit.
She gave me a 10 minute cool off period came back and ran it again and I was a touch under the limit!

I got to drive off scot free.
Nothing wrong with drink driving so long as you’re a mature adult and you don’t get too carried away with it!

I learned about how dangerous drink driving is when I was 16, got drunk,decided to go for a late night drive and almost crashed into someone’s home!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has the potential to cost people jobs, affect families and households for being a little over, we are not talking high range .1
When you drive you trust everyone else not to run in to you and they expect the same but this hard and fast rule is a show off law by Constance.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Drinking a few alcoholic beverages and having the proper impairment to drive is not for everyone.

I’ve argued before our drink driving laws are stupid because alcohol effects everyone different.

I had a friend about 10 years ago, we were drinking a few vodkas, then we hit the amphetamines.
Went for a drive, he got pulled over, she ran the breathalyser and he came back 0.00.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way.
Alcohol effects people differently.

I’m one of those real men who can have a few drinks and not be effected like most average human beings.

I got pulled over a while ago, she breathalysied me and I was a touch over the limit.
She gave me a 10 minute cool off period came back and ran it again and I was a touch under the limit!

I got to drive off scot free.
Nothing wrong with drink driving so long as you’re a mature adult and you don’t get too carried away with it!

I learned about how dangerous drink driving is when I was 16, got drunk,decided to go for a late night drive and almost crashed into someone’s home!
One of those real men eh... only people I’ve heard say that are little girls.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
One of those real men eh... only people I’ve heard say that are little girls.
Sorry I’m not a woman.
I can drink alcohol,handle myself and never blame others for my actions.

Like my stupid foreigner girlfriend, she said it’s my fault she always gets too drunk!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m reading comments online with people saying well just don’t drink and drive and you will be alright.

Ffs seriously some of us are responsible and can handle a bit of liquor in our system and still drive!
Trust me bubble people I’ve done much worse substances and still survive!

Some people are born to do it while most are not.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry..but tough luck..you risk it..you pay the price.. And so do the people you could potentially injure.. Walk through a spinal ward and see the victims..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry..but tough luck..you risk it..you pay the price.. And so do the people you could potentially injure.. Walk through a spinal ward and see the victims..
The only times I’ve had an accident behind the wheel I was sober.
Facts are facts some people can handle an extra drink or 2 than the average human and still be alright to drive.

I feel like I’m being punished for the weak blooded!

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an absolute crock of shit! As Mr 95% said, go walk through a spinal ward and tell them to stop being pussies because the guy that hit you while drink driving was a mature adult and there was nothing wrong with what he did. Fuck sake some people just don't get it. What am I talking about tho, you're a 'real man' that can drink drive. Never heard such bullshit

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only times I’ve had an accident behind the wheel I was sober.
Facts are facts some people can handle an extra drink or 2 than the average human and still be alright to drive.

I feel like I’m being punished for the weak blooded!
That’s the price of being part of a society..you gotta follow the rules..

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think this is great!! Working in ICU I have seen way too many lives ruined because either they were drunk and crashed and injured themselves or they were hit by a drunk driver. And yes I get that other things cause injuries too like idiots speeding and mobile phone etc. but whatever they can do to bring down the road toll I am all for!!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should do the same for people using there phones whilst driving

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it is bullshit personally. More nanny state crap from our Government.

Some countries allow a higher limit than ours (like 0.07 or 0.08). Does anyone here feel impaired driving after 2 beers with dinner? It is crazy.

So someone can have half a beer too many blow 0.05 road side, lose their license on the spot for 3 months and have hundreds of dollar s in fines and a court date? Give me a break. There are much worse things to crack down on like mobile phone usage.