NRLol 360

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
BRO WTF do you mean they weren't the best team on paper when they won? LOLLL they were absolute guns on paper

1. Ben Barba
2. Sosia Feki
3. Jack Bird
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Chad Townsend
7, James Maloney
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Michael Ennis
10. Matt Prior
11. Luke Lewis
12. Wade Graham
13. Paul Gallen
14. Chris Heighnton
15. Jason Bukuya
16. Sam Tagataese
17. Gerard Beale
Storm and Cowboys both better rosters. Sharks winning the comp wasn't supposed to happen.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t agree that he is a great coach. Lots of coaches get a run. But as soon as you Reynolds gets some niggling injury they will fall away. Winning provides confidence. But they won’t win in the finals. And next year watch them fall right back down the table. That’s just the sort of coach he is.
And I suppose the peptides and illegal rorting of the cap had nothing to do with dad’s success?

Ridiculous to attribute the Broncos’ success solely to Reynolds. Of course his experience has helped a lot. But the Broncos were clearly in need of experience. Walters identified that and went out and made the improvements to the squad that were necessary. The coach deserves credit for that.

And even with the right rostering ingredients, a team doesn’t coach itself.

Broncos are on the way up, because they signed the right man for the job.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Braith supports the Dogs more than half the posters on here....
Agree. Don’t think for a second Braith is not as frustrated as the fans seeing the Club that made him into the player he was and one he’ll always remember as winning a Premiership with feeling 10ft tall wearing that jersey, the aura and fear that came with playing against the Bulldogs, teams knew they were up for 80mins of madness and you were going to get hurt… as Braith proudly stated - quote:
“As an ex-Bulldog, I want to see them succeed. The only reason I speak about them so much is because I’m so passionate about it and I don’t like seeing them where they are.

“It was once one of the most powerful clubs in the game on and off the field and definitely with performance you knew what you were going to get out of a Bulldogs team every week.

“For decades you knew what you were going to get out of the Bulldogs and when you play at the Bulldogs you know what the expectations are.

“You don’t let the Bulldogs logo down and the expectations are extremely high and that just seems to not be there anymore.

“As intimidating as Gus is, if the coach goes in and has the support of Gus and they work together… I actually think if I’m a coach I’d love the job because the Bulldogs are an amazing club.

“They’ve got all the resources, they’re financially secure, they’ve got really passionate supporters and they’ve got one of the smartest, brightest, intelligent minds as a general manager.”

Reactions: DDR

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
interesting flanno and gus have same manager
I’m being cynical but image if Gus gets Flanno the gig and gets a cut on the player manager commission (finders fee) ditto if he gets Freddy

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
And I suppose the peptides and illegal rorting of the cap had nothing to do with dad’s success?

Ridiculous to attribute the Broncos’ success solely to Reynolds. Of course his experience has helped a lot. But the Broncos were clearly in need of experience. Walters identified that and went out and made the improvements to the squad that were necessary. The coach deserves credit for that.

My opinion is that he is a Wayne Bennett type coach. Those sorts of coaches have been around for ages. Jack Gibson was one.

But there are plenty of those who fall by the wayside, cause if something goes wrong at the club, it can all fall down. I'm still out on whether Walters is the right man for the job, but he has got them playing some good footy. Lets see how the club goes when things don't fall their way again.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with utility mate. I think everyone just had an opinion on walters that he was a joke and for whatever reason it stuck. But he's shown that was unfair and he is actually a good coach
Not me, I love Kevvy and think he is a very good manager of men. Very close to Bennett.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

They did sign the right man, Ben Ikin.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Sharks
Pre Flanagan (Stuart)
2009 - 15th
2010 - 14th

Flanagan
2011 - 13th
2012 - 7th
2013 - 5th

Flanagan banned/suspended year
2014 - 16th (5 wins, no points)

Flanagan back
2015 - 6th
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 5th
2018 - 4th

You can't argue against this. They weren't the best team on paper when they won the comp in 2016. He also built the roster.
If you remember, the Sharks had an aging roster that Stuart couldn't turn over. So Flanagan had to slowly blood a whole lot of new talent and decide who he needed to keep, the role they performed. The exact type of situation we have. Not so much the aging roster, but the need to blood talent into it to fill the gaps.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am actually excited to watch it tonight. Gonna be a lot of mud slinging from the anti Gus journos on there
Well you we’re right. Rothfield threw plenty at Gus. Even Anasta called him a liar.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You boys can tell me what happens. I only come here for my BULLDOGS related fix lol. Saves me listening to that crap. And I get the run down short to the point version lol.!! Thanks guys !
Rothfield threw plenty at Gus and about his track record for sacking previous coaches. Rothfield thinks the decision came from Gus. Even Anasta called Gus a liar - as only 2 weeks ago he said Trent will be coaching this club long after I’m gone. The whole believe with two more players coming next year, they can’t see why Baz would want to quit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Braith supports the Dogs more than half the posters on here....
I didn't agree with his Pinocchio etc comments. Below the belt for sure and just trying to join the duds on 360 panel for fun and outrage.

If he is any kind of player manager he is a pathological liar himself :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Don't forget Capewell either... in mentoring the young forwards and being a positive, galvanizing influence.

Malla

Reaction score
Hmmmm Is Josh Cook going to be our 14 this week?????!?!!!!!!
I never said he was 14. I said I was told he would be picked on the bench. He was 18th man that game.

Stop being a troll Ibrahim

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
My opinion is that he is a Wayne Bennett type coach. Those sorts of coaches have been around for ages. Jack Gibson was one.

But there are plenty of those who fall by the wayside, cause if something goes wrong at the club, it can all fall down. I'm still out on whether Walters is the right man for the job, but he has got them playing some good footy. Lets see how the club goes when things don't fall their way again.
Fair enough.....but I think he deserves credit. He has turned that team around pretty quickly.