News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone see that video of what appears to be Adam Elliot going around?

Perfect timing, considering all this contract talk. Should drive his price right down...
Just seen it....
Big D!ck bastered

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without asking for specifics , does this alleged video appear recent or old

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't really tell.

But if his haircut is anything to by, im willing to say old.

There are some people in the room, but hard to identify who they are.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Creates opportunities through offloads, has vision and an expansive passing game.... also has a higher workload than a number of players listed in those defensive stats. He has been our best forward all year.
Not bagging the guy in particular but Adam Elliott, and any one of our current forward pack, would be lucky to polish the boots of almost all our past forward packs. Our standards have fallen that far.

If he is our best forward then who is putting this team together? They seriously need to be re-evaluating their job performance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My view is he would go much better in "a good side" (your terminology) with us currently he's an easy target, doesn't have back up, very rarely has anyone to offload to, lacks quality support runners, doesn't get great 1/2 service , a good dummy only works if there is someone to dummy pass to.

Go Dogs
(Real question) Do you also think a coach should be coaching that support play? Or is that just the poor quality players?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
(Real question) Do you also think a coach should be coaching that support play? Or is that just the poor quality players?
(Real answer) It has to be talked about. In video review, e.g's would of been brought up from last weeks games. There would be principles and protocols set in place. At the end of the day it's on the player(s) to listen and do it. Tedesco is the best support playing fullback and it isn't because of the coach.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
25 missed tackles in 7 games and an average of 95 running metres a game.... Doesn't really sound that impressive or inspirational to me.... Jackson stats are just as bad, if not more underwhelming.. average 80 metres and 16 miss tackles .. they both average around 36 tackles.... Bludgers tbh. RFM out performs both of them in numbers ..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
25 missed tackles in 7 games and an average of 95 running metres a game.... Doesn't really sound that impressive or inspirational to me.... Jackson stats are just as bad, if not more underwhelming.. average 80 metres and 16 miss tackles .. they both average around 36 tackles.... Bludgers tbh. RFM out performs both of them in numbers ..
Elliott
1 try
2 try assists
2 linebreaks
1 linebreak assist
33 tackles/game
12 tacklebreaks
25 miss tackles
13 offloads
3 errors
95 metres/game
1 penalty conceded

RFM
0 tries
0 try assists
0 linebreaks
0 linebreak assists
29 tackles/game
5 tacklebreaks
9 miss tackles
1 offload
4 errors
103 metres/game
2 penalties conceded

Conclusion
RFM misses less tackles
RFM makes more metres
Every other area Elliott's either better or shits on RFM

"our team is boring"
"our team doesn't score enough points"

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliott
1 try
2 try assists
2 linebreaks
1 linebreak assist
33 tackles/game
12 tacklebreaks
25 miss tackles
13 offloads
3 errors
95 metres/game
1 penalty conceded

RFM
0 tries
0 try assists
0 linebreaks
0 linebreak assists
29 tackles/game
5 tacklebreaks
9 miss tackles
1 offload
4 errors
103 metres/game
2 penalties conceded

Conclusion
RFM misses less tackles
RFM makes more metres

"our team is boring"
95 metres a game is piss weak considering how much we struggle making metres...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott is now our most dynamic player that is a fact.

If Elliott is signed by another club that is top 4 ready he will kill it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
95 metres a game is piss weak considering how much we struggle making metres...
Elliott's playstyle is a ball playing lock not a running/metre lock. I agree he should average an extra 10-20 metres a game. If you remove the game where Elliott went off basically when the game started (12 minutes in) Elliott averages 107 metres/game. Elliott is also playing 80 minutes now (last 2 games) instead of his usual 50-60, increasing his work load.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't fall for his "playing well in a contract year" bullshit and I don't fall for the "he is better than the others" crap either, pretty easy to be better than horse shit.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As of now I wouldn't like to see Elliott go.

If we lose forwards like Plodman & Napa who don't add any variation to our attack then they are easily replaced. I'd be happy to shed those types of forwards in order to spend on the spine and a couple of centres.

Of all of our forwards now we must keep Elliott & Thompson. Jackson needs to be moved to prop and we either need to bring back CHN or sign Bateman.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As of now I wouldn't like to see Elliott go.

If we lose forwards like Plodman & Napa who don't add any variation to our attack then they are easily replaced. I'd be happy to shed those types of forwards in order to spend on the spine and a couple of centres.

Of all of our forwards now we must keep Elliott & Thompson. Jackson needs to be moved to prop and we either need to bring back CHN or sign Bateman.
We have to be smart in regards to what we have coming through and when too. Topine for e.g. is almost ready for NRL. This should also be a big focus with the juniors we're supposed to be developing.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott
1 try
2 try assists
2 linebreaks
1 linebreak assist
33 tackles/game
12 tacklebreaks
25 miss tackles
13 offloads
3 errors
95 metres/game
1 penalty conceded

RFM
0 tries
0 try assists
0 linebreaks
0 linebreak assists
29 tackles/game
5 tacklebreaks
9 miss tackles
1 offload
4 errors
103 metres/game
2 penalties conceded

Conclusion
RFM misses less tackles
RFM makes more metres

"our team is boring"
I introduced stats to this thread but I'm quite certain I never said that any of our forwards are performing great (except for renouf). In other threads I've also said that rfm should be an impact forward through the middle and not out wide.

Also with elliots average run metres, when you take into consideration he usually gets himself up for hit ups, after the previous tackle which has got the defence on the back foot, he makes good metres there, thereby bringing down his average metres per hitup even further down on the normal type of hitups.

Hope that makes sense, as an example let's say renouf has just taken a hit up where he's hard to bring down and pops an offload for someone else who gets tackled after a mini break, then its usually elliot or tolmam who run in to take the next hit up while the defensive line is on the back foot. This is where tolman and elliot bring up their average run metres.