News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm more sad about losing James Graham to England than possibly losing this bloke to whoever

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I introduced stats to this thread but I'm quite certain I never said that any of our forwards are performing great (except for renouf). In other threads I've also said that rfm should be an impact forward through the middle and not out wide.

Also with elliots average run metres, when you take into consideration he usually gets himself up for hit ups, after the previous tackle which has got the defence on the back foot, he makes good metres there, thereby bringing down his average metres per hitup even further down on the normal type of hitups.

Hope that makes sense, as an example let's say renouf has just taken a hit up where he's hard to bring down and pops an offload for someone else who gets tackled after a mini break, then its usually elliot or tolmam who run in to take the next hit up while the defensive line is on the back foot. This is where tolman and elliot bring up their average run metres.
The eye test is the most important thing, stats second. The eye test is subjective tho.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These dickheads in the media aren’t just part of the problem they are the problem!

I remember them pumping up Mbyes tyres like he was going to be the next immortal almost forcing clubs to pay huge overs.

They go hard on our players when rules are broken demanding they’re sacked then sing they’re praises when other clubs come to sign them.

The way they’ve crapped on about Bateman leaving the Raiders, if he’s was leaving the dogs for more money they’d be backing him all the way.

Now the big guilt trip on the club regarding Elliot...they’re so fucking corrupt and irresponsible

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you actually just average out the salary cap by 30 players and use that as basis?
50 to 60% of the cap is going to a handful of players.
How about you average 4 million across 20 players and you'll reach a more realistic amount for those outside of your elite players in a squad
I hope to fuck our management isnt using your logic for the salary cap. No wonder we're in this trouble if they are
How's your maths?
For a start "a handful" + 20 doesn't equal 30, which is mandated by the NRL.
For the sake of moving on how about the 5 missing are on the NRL minimum of $110k each, leaving $9m in the cap?
Your suggestion is $4m over 20 players. which means the "handful" (is that 5?) are on $1m each.

Let's pick a team as an example, say, the Wabbits (convenient);
Who's their 5 on $1m each (your numbers)? Is it Murray, AReynolds, Walker, Johnston, Cook ......... that's 5?

Of the $4m (your number) for the 20 (your number) left;
Gagai is reportedly on $700k, that leaves $3.3m
TBurgess is reportedly on $500k, that leaves $2.8m
Roberts is reportedly on $500k, that leaves $2.3m
Mitchel reported as on $700k, that leaves $1.6m
Lowe, SOO rep, a guess, say, $500k, that leaves $1.1m

Which means every other player has to be on less than the $110k, the NRL minimum, which is impossible, well not allowed anyway.
But it's actually worse that that;
Take CGraham (24 tries in 55 games) is he on $110k, I don't think so.
Etc

We can debate backwards and forwards on who's on what forever. In the case of Souths I'm not convinced that they have 5 players on $1m, in fact I'm not sure that they even have 1 (Cook's close at $900k, maybe Murray similar). What they do have is a lot of good NRL players in the $400k to $700k range.

I'm guessing that not many have made it to the end of this post, but I live in hope. Try it with any team, they will all have similar results, your premise of handful of players on $1m and $4m split between 20 simply doesn't work

Go Dogs

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Adam Elliot should take a pay cut on account of the video that's circulating right now.

Considering his manager stating the Bulldogs have lowballed him.. no no Elliot, on account of the size of your shriveled up nut sack I would have to say the the Dogs contract offer has hit the nail on the head hahahaha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Adam Elliot should take a pay cut on account of the video that's circulating right now.

Considering his manager stating the Bulldogs have lowballed him.. no no Elliot, on account of the size of your shriveled up nut sack I would have to say the the Dogs contract offer has hit the nail on the head hahahaha
SOMEONE SHOW MENTHE VIDEO!!!!:rage::rage::rage:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How's your maths?
For a start "a handful" + 20 doesn't equal 30, which is mandated by the NRL.
For the sake of moving on how about the 5 missing are on the NRL minimum of $110k each, leaving $9m in the cap?
Your suggestion is $4m over 20 players. which means the "handful" (is that 5?) are on $1m each.

Let's pick a team as an example, say, the Wabbits (convenient);
Who's their 5 on $1m each (your numbers)? Is it Murray, AReynolds, Walker, Johnston, Cook ......... that's 5?

Of the $4m (your number) for the 20 (your number) left;
Gagai is reportedly on $700k, that leaves $3.3m
TBurgess is reportedly on $500k, that leaves $2.8m
Roberts is reportedly on $500k, that leaves $2.3m
Mitchel reported as on $700k, that leaves $1.6m
Lowe, SOO rep, a guess, say, $500k, that leaves $1.1m

Which means every other player has to be on less than the $110k, the NRL minimum, which is impossible, well not allowed anyway.
But it's actually worse that that;
Take CGraham (24 tries in 55 games) is he on $110k, I don't think so.
Etc

We can debate backwards and forwards on who's on what forever. In the case of Souths I'm not convinced that they have 5 players on $1m, in fact I'm not sure that they even have 1 (Cook's close at $900k, maybe Murray similar). What they do have is a lot of good NRL players in the $400k to $700k range.

I'm guessing that not many have made it to the end of this post, but I live in hope. Try it with any team, they will all have similar results, your premise of handful of players on $1m and $4m split between 20 simply doesn't work

Go Dogs
Wow you suck at maths don't you

Let's take a premiership winning side into consideration, roosters 2019 and actual market rates and not sombrero

Cronk, friend, keary, tedesco assume 800k average = 3.2 million

Cordner crichton average 600k = 1.2 million

Manu latrell average 500k = 1million

Jwh and takayaho average 500k = 1million

Thats 10 players total for 6.4 million

I've probably overstated some players so let's round this down to 5.4 million, again leaving 4 million for 20 players

Radley had just come through the junior's so he was probably on peanuts

And wingers are on peanuts.

It doesn't leave much for the rest who are probably around the 110k to 300k mark

And I'd rather use the roosters as an example because you want to achieve a premiership winning side.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not bagging the guy in particular but Adam Elliott, and any one of our current forward pack, would be lucky to polish the boots of almost all our past forward packs. Our standards have fallen that far.

If he is our best forward then who is putting this team together? They seriously need to be re-evaluating their job performance.
We have a few forwards with lots of potential.....but the losing culture at the club is slowly eroding it...... it's not that all of our players are terrible, so much as it is that the side needs more leaders and a more confident culture to bring it out..... we may not have any bulldogs greats in this current side, but there is definitely talent and it is up to the club to make sure the right coaching staff and leadership group is there to bring it out.....it's also up to the club to reestablish the junior nursery Hasler dismantled so there is more competition for spots. Winning culture and competition for spots are so essential to any good footy team. If we build the right foundations, some talent at the club might surprise us.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Let's take a premiership winning side into consideration, roosters 2019 and actual market rates and not sombrero

I've probably overstated some players so let's round this down to 5.4 million, again leaving 4 million for 20 players

It doesn't leave much for the rest who are probably around the 110k to 300k mark

And I'd rather use the roosters as an example because you want to achieve a premiership winning side.
Mind you I'm not saying this is the exact set up or target but it would be your template of trying to achieve a premiership. Of course there's going to be variances/adjustments to certain aspects of it e.g morris brothers being on the cheap, latrells contract finishing up and not renewed, radley coming through the ranks.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Club has realeased a statement:

1. Video is from 5 years ago.
2. It has been referred to Integrity commission.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I just used the 2020 Souths team because we happen to be playing them this weekend.
I do like your "let's round this (6.4m) down to 5.4 million", nice rounding there.
But it's good to see that you are agreeing with me, they had a lot good NRL players in the $400k to $700k range.

BTW do you seriously believe that Tupou is on "peanuts"?

Go Dogs

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just used the 2020 Souths team because we happen to be playing them this weekend.
I do like your "let's round this (6.4m) down to 5.4 million", nice rounding there.
But it's good to see that you are agreeing with me, they had a lot good NRL players in the $400k to $700k range.

BTW do you seriously believe that Tupou is on "peanuts"?

Go Dogs
200 to 300k Max

They were going to release him a few years ago so yes I believe he's on peanuts because he begged to stay

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Click click BOOM....good shot