Reaction score
Increased the min spend lol

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Increased the min spend lol
That's what jumped out at me too.
This rule is very flawed.
Lowly placed teams either play well over a players value or front load in order to use up the cap which restricts their ability to jump on an opportunity if it were to arise later in the year. [emoji1751]

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lowly placed teams either play well over a players value or front load in order to use up the cap which restricts their ability to jump on an opportunity if it were to arise later in the year. [emoji1751]
Dumb

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supplimentry players is what's likely to get clubs into trouble.
T&T automatically upgraded to it as well if they play 3 1st grade games.
$3k per game per player will add up quickly with injuries.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this might be useful and answer many questions that pop up on TK.

View attachment 82305

Always a Bulldog
Very helpful - are there limits , caps on train n trial. I assume most clubs would have 6 or 7 supplementary contracts and a heap of train trials.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought they might increase the size if the top 30
It's practically a top 34 now
If you paid all of your Supplementary Players the minimum of $80k you could have 38 players in total. You do have to be aware of the $3k per NRL game bonus and make sure that you have enough Cap space.

The RLPA asked for a Top 40 so they ended up pretty close.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you paid all of your Supplementary Players the minimum of $80k you could have 38 players in total. You do have to be aware of the $3k per NRL game bonus and make sure that you have enough Cap space.

The RLPA asked for a Top 40 so they ended up pretty close.

Always a Bulldog
Having a second tier of cap is redundant. The top 30 should have just increased.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What a stupid rule the 30 man squad is.
I think the American system is better with rookie contracts for 2 or 3 yrs with a max set. A hard cap with no third party BS and then a vet minimum with a % going outside the cap if spent 10yrs in the NRL or at a club past 200games. The next thing they need is a decent cap for a national reserve grade comp to rival the UK and a national under 21s comp with decent cap to keep them fulltime training with education criteria set( almost like a college system.) The NRL needs to be responsible for developing the next crop not completely financed by clubs. The NRL is run like a semi pro comp and seems completely there to support the gambling sector.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get it either. Spending 97% leaves no room.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think the American system is better with rookie contracts for 2 or 3 yrs with a max set. A hard cap with no third party BS and then a vet minimum with a % going outside the cap if spent 10yrs in the NRL or at a club past 200games. The next thing they need is a decent cap for a national reserve grade comp to rival the UK and a national under 21s comp with decent cap to keep them fulltime training with education criteria set( almost like a college system.) The NRL needs to be responsible for developing the next crop not completely financed by clubs. The NRL is run like a semi pro comp and seems completely there to support the gambling sector.
The NRL is literally the worst run major sport in Australia/England/US.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The NFL has thousands of TPA's (AKA endorsements) and their Players Association helps players with securing them.

The National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”) welcomes partnership and endorsement opportunities as long as the services and products are consistent with and appropriate to the NFLPA's mission.

As an example Rob Gronkowski had USD8m in endorsements this year from Nike, Dunkin’ Donuts, Visa, T-Mobile, Lyft, Cheerios, BodyArmor SuperDrink, and Monster Energy,

Always a Bulldog