NRL Releases Salary Cap and Other Details 2023 to 2027

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought this might be useful and answer many questions that pop up on TK.

View attachment 82305

Always a Bulldog
So with the supplementary players, you have 650k to spend on a minimum of 4 players,who you can pay a minimum of 80k to. Does that mean you could spend 240k on 3 players and 410k on 1 ? If so, you could pick up a reasonable player for 410k

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with the supplementary players, you have 650k to spend on a minimum of 4 players,who you can pay a minimum of 80k to. Does that mean you could spend 240k on 3 players and 410k on 1 ? If so, you could pick up a reasonable player for 410k
Still have match payments of $3k on top of that.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s no draft or incentive for tanking so why is the minimum spend so high when you can’t carry any savings forward like other salary cap sports?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The NFL has thousands of TPA's (AKA endorsements) and their Players Association helps players with securing them.

The National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”) welcomes partnership and endorsement opportunities as long as the services and products are consistent with and appropriate to the NFLPA's mission.

As an example Rob Gronkowski had USD8m in endorsements this year from Nike, Dunkin’ Donuts, Visa, T-Mobile, Lyft, Cheerios, BodyArmor SuperDrink, and Monster Energy,

Always a Bulldog
I meant with having a teir for rookies and vet minimum and eliminate the tpa . Reduce the 30 and increase the reserve grade cap.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump, for reference.

Always a Bulldog

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was cruising the raiders forum today as it’s Wednesday morning (it’s my tradition) and I noticed that they were discussing the long service allowance also changing.
It’s no longer a 200k discount but it’s 8 years linked to one club you get valued at 10% of your contract on the cap
Good news regarding RFM
Bad news as he’s the only long term player we have
Other clubs that don’t toss and turn their olayeee every year like salad like us will be significantly advantaged

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see good old nick politis has been selling a heap of apartments he owns (135mil worth), i wonder how many roosters players are picking up a nice place for dirt cheap