News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares. We dropped out of the race. Gus obviously didn't like something about the deal.
Keep buying the bs. 2nd best prop in the world after Haas with many good yrs in front of him. Id say AFB and his management didnt like something (or many things) about Gus and the bulldogs. Fare more likely

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly if the Sharks can knock off Penrith now i’m all for it. Just glad AFB isn’t rotting at a shit club like the Dragons
I don't even care about Panther losing anymore, I just want us to win some fucking games. I can not believe we pulled out of this. Where is Gus' so called pull? We probably got rejected and Gus has pulled out the "too expensive" card.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hold on, wasn't everyone telling us supercoach Flanagan was supposed to be the messiah and draw card that would lure all of the best players?

They offered more than anyone for AFB and Flanagan talked about him endlessly and they missed out. He's been talking up Welsby and how they'd love to sign him and he just re-signed til 2028..

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hold on, wasn't everyone telling us supercoach Flanagan was supposed to be the messiah and draw card that would lure all of the best players?

They offered more than anyone for AFB and Flanagan talked about him endlessly and they missed out. He's been talking up Welsby and how they'd love to sign him and he just re-signed til 2028..
Yeah that’s right, Flanagan always gets his man they said lol.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see Dearden has extended with the cowgirls too…. Slim pickings now

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He also missed out on Deardon

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wow Dragons were pretty confident getting him, rumours about Flanagan not being like could be true.
AFB getting older and Sharks are in premiership window plus 1 mil, easy decision for him to make.
Flanno just used his FOX connections to try push his case, did the same when our head coach position was vacant.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
"There are no quality middles available"

Is snapped at a cafe with AFB.

Doesn't end up signing him for 2025 when we have plenty of cap space available, lose him to the Sharks.

Absolute gut punch.
Hate to say it but I agree.

That 4 year deal is a risk but geez we gotta run it don’t we?

The 4.5 mil I get maybe passing at 4 years but 1mil for a top 4 prop is probably worth it to us?

I dunno what Gus is up to but I hope it’s at worst 2 quality middles like May and uele or Klemmer or something and fast.

It’s hard to call it a L for us as it was reported weeks ago we walked so be it cause Gus smelt a rat and we were being leverage (like dragons ended up being) or he just didn’t like afbs attitude but right now to me it’s a strike for us.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Amone contract also rejected by the NRL, Deardan signing long-term with Cows today, no AFB, Luai, or Manu going there either.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Amone contract also rejected by the NRLc Deardan signing long-term with Cows today, no AFB, Luai, or Manu going there either.
Plus the English kid welsby extended with his club too. Looks like gus was right not signing him as he can’t attract anything at least we landed some fucking good players now.

That cowboy bench backrower is the real winner. He toured their facilities and no doubt just got another few hundred k added !

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't even care about Panther losing anymore, I just want us to win some fucking games. I can not believe we pulled out of this. Where is Gus' so called pull? We probably got rejected and Gus has pulled out the "too expensive" card.
Gus is washed up in terms of running a first grade team. If he misses out on Luai when Luai is Panther and all the relationships at the club already etc, than the bloke is officially done and I don’t see the point of keeping him around running firsts if we continue to miss out on targets that he should be winning over. I still stand by the fact that 1.2 mil for Luai is ridiculous and we should avoid but Gus should be getting this Luai deal done for around 1 mil or less lets be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.