News NRL legend Ben Elias blasts Canterbury Bulldogs’ Board for broken promises

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Player representatives have fronted Hill with questions for years on various topics and Tolman is one of those.There was an questionnaire conducted by an independent company at the end of 2018 as requested by both parties on the pretents of anonymity.The results were taken on board and S.F.A was done.
The players have been frustrated for a long while by the lack of transparency from the board.Ball is in their court now
This goes a long way to explaining what is going on on the field. This squad isn't going to win a GF, but they aren't THIS bad. Even under Pay they aren't this bad. It smells of poor leadership and lack of support.

If all the indications that this boards goal-direction have been 3-5 lost years building a war chest are true, that would help explain things, they've decided to neglect this period of the team's fortunes, and we are seeing the result of that neglect. Hopefully this neglect won't have a long term negative effect, but it is certainly having a short term negative effect.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dib owned the decision to ask Jimmy to sacrifice himself for the club. It was a terrible decision. The club hasn't been the same since. You could argue that the club wasn't the same since Hasler moved Ennis on (a mistake at the time, and a huge mistake in hindsight), but the situation was still somewhat redeemable. Asking Graham to fall on his sword was the last straw.
I agree loyal players like Graham, Ennis and not to forget Pritchard should never have been scarified

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to know what Sam Burgess thinks!
You'll need an interpreter first, but we all know it would be bullocks anyway.

Yes, I used the term bullocks purely because he is a pommy twat!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every c*** is laying the boot into the club and what do we hear from our fearless board

Fucking crickets
Time for the whole lot to GET THE FUCK OUT
This is what they should do at the next media day at the club when they start asking questions.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You say that but the Warriors have just been through a similar situation.

They weren't treated like the media is treating us.

What is their agenda with us?
Stems back to several things, but I say it started with the cheating of the cap but intensified greatly after the whole Coffs Harbour incident, specifically Rebecca Wilson. Then it just continued on, with added fuel along the way with the whole Mad Monday Jayne Azzopardi bullshit.

Long story short, some journalists got butthurt years ago by the club and we are forever tainted in the eyes of the journalist world.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never listen to the opinion of a bloke who wants to insult another mans family after the loss of a loved one, and call it "sledging".

Great league player. Shitty human being.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam Burgess can think!!!
He is a Neanderthal who still hasn't evolved so it's still a challenge for him to think and string coherent sentences together. I mean no one really can understand what he says.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every good story needs a great bad guy.

The media has decided that we are it now.

So I can't wait to rise up and make them eat sh!t
Scarface said it best.

"You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f***in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie"

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we all start taking Elias's word as gospel we are in bigger trouble.
This guy has history of loads of trouble ethically & financially so i don't think his opinion is valid BUT our club is a basket case right now i agree, just don't need to hear it from him
I agree. I wasn't really commenting on what he said, just pointing out he talks shit lol.

He just waffles on about sweet fuck all most the time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stems back to several things, but I say it started with the cheating of the cap but intensified greatly after the whole Coffs Harbour incident, specifically Rebecca Wilson. Then it just continued on, with added fuel along the way with the whole Mad Monday Jayne Azzopardi bullshit.

Long story short, some journalists got butthurt years ago by the club and we are forever tainted in the eyes of the journalist world.
Well said. Don't forget Jacqueline Magnay and her crusade against the club for years starting with her mole that leaked all the info about our cap cheating.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well said. Don't forget Jacqueline Magnay and her crusade against the club for years starting with her mole that leaked all the info about our cap cheating.
Yes, I couldn't remember her name but she too can be added to my post.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The only good line I remember about her was "get home and wash the dishes". Shipped her off to the old dart 10 years ago and not heard of since, no loss.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Scarface said it best.

"You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your f***in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie"
So say goodnight to the bad guy!

PS I always do the speech whenever I go to my ****-in-laws lol

The misses used to hate it but now she tries to throw in Scarface quotes too lol