NRL is corrupt or muppets

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching this Manly v Storm game and it’s a fu<Ken circus.
Classic hip drop by Storm player and no bin, Manly 2x tries denied… Sutton in the bunker of course.

firstly, the hip drop thing is a darken mess and a joke, Bulldogs seem to cop this sh!t and it’s gone quiet now… secondly, does the NRL or some betting agencies want the Storm to win this desperately????

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been watching League since I was a kid and I'd barely heard of a hip drop before last season..

If they want to change every rule and bin everyone for every bullshit penalty, introduce a 5 or even a 2 minute sin bin. Or better yet don't bin them at all. And reward players for making legs tackles by allowing them to get back to marker and we'll see less head highs, less "hip drops" and less wrestle etc..

But that would all make too much sense for the worst run competition in sports.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just watched the highlights of the manly and storm game, that was dog shit! For over 100 years the game has never heard of these shit rules they’ve come up with! I have a solution for the nrLOL… bring back the game to where it was in the 90’s or early 2000’s, only certain positions can be fully fit, and they need to have a few players who are allowed to eat whatever they want, the referee’s should just let the players play, it’s becoming unwatchable, my two sons 14 and 12, used to love watching rugby league now they hate watching it! Well done nrLOL!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Classic hip drop by Storm player and no bin, Manly 2x tries denied… Sutton in the bunker of course.

firstly, the hip drop thing is a darken mess and a joke, Bulldogs seem to cop this sh!t and it’s gone quiet now… secondly, does the NRL or some betting agencies want the Storm to win this desperately????
The hip drop tackle was "invented" by Bellamy and the Melbourne wrestling coach (just like a number of other shit tackles) to enable one player to get an attacking player to the ground despite their size. It's all about slowing down the play the ball, a Melbourne tactic for all of Bellamy's reign. It wasn't invented to hurt the player as such, just bring him down by dropping your body weight onto the back of his legs whilst holding his waist. As such it is very effective, the injuries are just an unfortunate side effect.

Always a Bulldog

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Did you watch the Sharks/Roosters game? Plenty of referee action, sin bins, and hip drops. The game was a farce at times.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been watching League since I was a kid and I'd barely heard of a hip drop before last season..

If they want to change every rule and bin everyone for every bullshit penalty, introduce a 5 or even a 2 minute sin bin. Or better yet don't bin them at all. And reward players for making legs tackles by allowing them to get back to marker and we'll see less head highs, less "hip drops" and less wrestle etc..

Back in the old days Parramatta had a tackle style called the Cumberland Throw, where they would effectively trip a player while grabbing their arm- much like a judo throw. It was banned after many complaints from players and fans. The hip drop is just another technique that is effective, but dangerous.

What annoys me is how selective the referees are in calling it out.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Anyone see Fitlers determination on the 'hipdrop' against Manly where there was ZERO contact with the attackers legs? The space cadet maintained it was still definitely a hipdrop because the defender still used his own weight to bring the ball carrier down.

Not sure how Brad thinks tackles have been made for 120 years but apparently you now have to evoke the jedi within and use 'the force'

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Back in the old days Parramatta had a tackle style called the Cumberland Throw, where they would effectively trip a player while grabbing their arm- much like a judo throw. It was banned after many complaints from players and fans. The hip drop is just another technique that is effective, but dangerous.

I recall Alfie Langer had a similar technique to bring down bigger guys

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah I remember the Cumberland throw.. Like I and many others have said, the simplest solution to all of this is to reward and encourage legs tackles by letting them hold on longer and get square at marker.

As soon as they do that, a lot of the wrestle, grapple, head highs, hip drops, crushers etc will disappear.

It was the NRL being so harsh on legs tackles which leads to quick play the balls which led to coaches coming up with other tactics like those listed above to slow down the play the ball.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Interestingly since Sutton's performance in the Canterbury v Souffs game I have heard some comments about Souffs getting the benefit of the doubt etc.
Obviously from Gus's comments on 9 the club would have been screaming bloody murder behind closed doors.

The thing is, there is a conspiracy of silence by the NRL, the commentators and journalists about the low standard and inconsistency of referring.

Given Sutton is probably getting paid $250k for let's be honest 8 months work.
To be as corrupt as he is. Just a pathetic disgrace.

On the hip drop. I think it's good to get it out of the game.
But of course for Sutton another tool to screw us over.
Anyway Sutton, why can't a Bulldogs supporter run him over in the car park or something?

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How dare you mate?
you must be a conspiracy theorist? Said every single sports fan not capable of critical thought!

they don’t even try hiding it anymore.
So many people are awake to the scam.

you know which teama get to play in the premiership each year
The ones which will bring in the most revenue.

I used to live out west and moved to Bankstown area a few years ago.
My dad lived in Greenacre during the 1990’s so I spent a lot of weekends in Bankstown.

back then you NEVER seen one person in the Bankstown area wearing a Panthers jersey.
Since moving here I have seen probably 10 people in the region who have worn one?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor ol Dean Young must be shaking his head, he got hip dropped by Farrell and a shoulder charge to the head by Inglis in one single tackle.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

they dont even need a sin bin for half of them, penalty sure, but not everyone has to be a sin bin

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor ol Dean Young must be shaking his head, he got hip dropped by Farrell and a shoulder charge to the head by Inglis in one single tackle.
Didn't they put that in the promo video for the following season?

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wont say corrupt but last nights Chooks v Sharkies the sharkies were early on 7 penalties to our zero, plus set restarts. So 1 team is 7 times more disciplined.....yeah right.

Also there was I think a legit try by Collins that one camera angle showed the ball just on the white tryline it got looked at once and chucked out. I think that was more of a try that Brandons try.

Did that cost us the game, no not even the 2 sin bins right at the end so we were down to 11.

I used to admire Rads but seriously wish he'd piss off to another club. The bloke is just dumb and gives away penalties and then gets binned as he should have.

Yes my mob lost a game they could've won but I wont blame the refs, thats on us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think they are just muppets

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you watch the Sharks/Roosters game? Plenty of referee action, sin bins, and hip drops. The game was a farce at times.
Missed that early game, but the NRL sh!ts the bed when they get criticised for something - they brought in this hit drop rubbish penalising and sin binning everyone, then they put the sin bin away??

much Like magic round, sin binned everything above the shoulders then went cold….no one knows what the feckis going on.

From my end, the hip drop is a tackle in my view.