NRL Hand Down Verdict On Souths-Inglis Cap Situation

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can accept next year off the Cap but this years salary should be counted. NRL are just not giving a fuk how bad they look now with corruption. These idiots need to be removed ASAP!
That's the thing that pisses me off about the other clubs. All of this is so blatantly corrupt that the NRL don't even bother covering it up anymore, it's all out in the open, yet the other clubs stay silent and cop it without complaint or opposing these rulings.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know it goes slightly against the lynch mob mentality, but I don't really see what the problem is. They've included half this years contract money in the cap plus whatever he earns in his other roles. That leaves them what? 200k this year?......they might get a decent reserve grader before June 30 for that.....I mean they are playing a second rower in the centres atm so they are going to need one. Also they said they will make a determination on next years money in August.....where is the rort?.....I'm just not seeing it.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s the same injury. Same joint really. I’m not fussed with this ruling
Which has been an on-going injury - which was my point with regards to Brett Stewart and Anthony Wattmough.

There has been no consistency with this.

I am not overly fussed with the ruling, as it is not of the same ilk as the Gasnier situation (signed for 3 years mid-season on dirt cheap, heavily back ended contract - then retires 1.5 years in).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know it goes slightly against the lynch mob mentality, but I don't really see what the problem is. They've included half this years contract money in the cap plus whatever he earns in his other roles. That leaves them what? 200k this year?......they might get a decent reserve grader before June 30 for that.....I mean they are playing a second rower in the centres atm so they are going to need one. Also they said they will make a determination on next years money in August.....where is the rort?.....I'm just not seeing it.
I don't have a problem with this if it's the way they'll rule on other similar situations. But previously clubs have been denied with similar requests and it opens up a can of worms. The problem I have with their ruling is that they're doing this because of Inglis' standing in the game. You can't have rules for elite players and clubs and not the rest. If they do this for Inglis, they better allow it for every other player and club.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just saw on telly that Greenberg is in current talks with Inglis as he is facing issues with his wife and his mental state

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saw on telly that Greenberg is in current talks with Inglis as he is facing issues with his wife and his mental state
[emoji849] I did post elsewhere the bloke is prime candidate for depression
Or worse........
I am not surprised