Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Craig Fitzgibbon signed with Hull for next year.
Nathan Fien will be released at the end of this season.
Karl Filiga will sign with Parramatta.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL to all three.

Parra already have an over hyped dud centre. Christine Anu.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So the Eagles and Cowboys basically traded Farrar and Bani for each other? When did that happen?

The Cowboys won out big time. Bani is a much better player and is actually quite good whereas Farrar hasn't impressed at all in his few years in and out of FG. I don't rate him much at all.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So the Eagles and Cowboys basically traded Farrar and Bani for each other? When did that happen?

The Cowboys won out big time. Bani is a much better player and is actually quite good whereas Farrar hasn't impressed at all in his few years in and out of FG. I don't rate him much at all.
its about to happen.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cool. As usual Mitch you're the inside man. :D
lol but really i just noticed in on the DT site and some manly dude said it will happen today/tomorrow.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol but really i just noticed in on the DT site and some manly dude said it will happen today/tomorrow.
We'll wait and see. I've always thought the NRL should have a trade system in place like in US sports.

It would work perfectly with the salary cap. Maybe I'll start a thread and see what people reckon.

Hmmmmmm......

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A draft would be interesting.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah but in IMO in footy it's hard because you should reward teams for investing in juniors and promoting their own youngsters rather than giving them to other teams like the Roosters who wouldn't spend a cent on junior development.

I don't think it can work in league unfortunately.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
works well in the AFL tbh, they should have a father son rule also if the son wants to play for his fathers team

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
LOL father son rule wtf Hani lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
LOL father son rule wtf Hani lol
in the AFL they have a rule that no team can touch a player if his dad played for an AFL team previously

ie Gary Ablett played for Geelong, his two sons can't be touched by any other team if Geelong wanted them to play for them.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
really?? hahahah i have never heard of that.

what about those who play for multiple clubs?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
works well in the AFL tbh, they should have a father son rule also if the son wants to play for his fathers team
Yeah but Hani in the AFL teams don't have 4 or more lower grade teams that have youngsters in the age ranges NRL clubs do with Matts, Ball, NYC and NSW Cup.

So NRL clubs nurture these kids (some do anyway) and therefore deserve to be rewarded when developing them, If you have a draft, then what reason would clubs have to invest in and develop younger players when they will just go to another club and get lost in the draft?

It can't work in footy.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
really?? hahahah i have never heard of that.

what about those who play for multiple clubs?
not exacrtly sure. But i think there is a year limit or game limit. Prob the father would have to have played something like min 150 games for the club or x amount of years service.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Father-son rule
Main article: Father-Son Rule
To continue the traditions of association that a family has with a particular club, sons of former players are able to be selected by the same club as their father played with under the Father-Son Rule. The main eligibility requirements is that the sons father must have played 100 games for that club, although there are some variations in place for non-Victorian based clubs. Originally they were selected as pre-draft selections, then the rules were changed to force the clubs to use a third round draft selection to draft the son. Currently there is a bidding system, where any team that wishes to draft a son must allow all other clubs to bid for him, and then match the bid with their next available selection.

source: wiki

so from that i gather u just have to equal the highest bidder it seems :confused:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol Farrar and Graham are the unsung heroes of the cowboys backline. Both are quality players, Farrar has impressed me more than Bani ever has. I feel sorry for them tho, Thurston abuses each of them for about 5 minutes a game. Farrar will probs prefer to play for Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.