NRL Gains and Losses: 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol Farrar and Graham are the unsung heroes of the cowboys backline. Both are quality players, Farrar has impressed me more than Bani ever has. I feel sorry for them tho, Thurston abuses each of them for about 5 minutes a game. Farrar will probs prefer to play for Manly
Ashley Graham is very good and underrated, he is a great defender.

But I have never been really impressed with Farrar.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thursto is the same as Joey. Both abuse the **** out of their players when they make mistakes. It's how they get the best out of them I guess, not cause of their greatness but the fear of being torn a new a-hole :D

btw love your work Mitch

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
you have Jack Afamasaga as a loss for cronulla to manly but then have him as a loss for manly to cronulla? so were did he go? or is he going in circles? is he lost??

Justen

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Liam Fulton was only on loan and should be back next season

Hull KR coach Justin Morgan insists his side won't crack under the pressure of being one of English Super League's high-flyers, despite suffering their second mid-season slump in as many years.

Australia's Morgan, a former Parramatta and Canberra prop in his playing days, took the plaudits earlier this season as he led his unfancied side to top spot in the league.

But Morgan's men have suffered a severe case of vertigo and three defeats in as many games have seen them lose ground on current table-toppers St Helens.

Rovers suffered a 40-10 hammering to in-form Harlequins at the weekend but Morgan says he's still the man to lead Hull KR to glory.

"We need to get back to basics as a team and remember what we were doing at the start of the season," he said.

"We need to look at some of the things that were going well for us and start to do those again.

"I have been happy with our preparations but we can't lose our focus now because it is a crucial time of the season."

Morgan's men suffered a six-game losing streak at this time in the 2008 campaign and failed to arrest the slide, missing out on a place in the end-of-season play-offs by five points.

Morgan insists his side must go back to the drawing board to ensure lightning doesn't strike twice at Craven Park.

"We have faith in our fundamentals," he added.

"They got us where we are at the moment and I'm sure they'll get us back to where we want to be and we'll start winning matches."

Meanwhile, Huddersfield forward Liam Fulton is remaining tight-lipped on his future at the Galpharm Stadium after recovering from injury.

Fulton, who is on loan from Wests Tigers, has suffered a nightmare start to his time in West Yorkshire after damaging his knee in only his second game for Nathan Brown's men.

But after getting back to full fitness, the 24-year-old, who returned to the squad for the Giants' 20-12 defeat at Leeds on Sunday, insists he is only focused on playing for the Giants this season.

"Because of the nightmare start I've had to my time here, all I've been thinking about is getting over my injury and regaining my fitness so I can get playing again," Fulton said.

"I honestly can't afford to think about anything else.

"When the time comes, I'll obviously make a decision, but that time hasn't come just yet.

"We're in a beautiful position in Super League and have a Challenge Cup semi-final to look forward to a bit further down the line, and I hope to play as full a part in what could be a fantastic finish to the season for us."

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumour: Phil Graham ---> Sunsilk pooofs

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the AFL they have a rule that no team can touch a player if his dad played for an AFL team previously

ie Gary Ablett played for Geelong, his two sons can't be touched by any other team if Geelong wanted them to play for them.
Don't like that rule at all. If that were the case, we wouldn't have Josh Morris, Goodwin etc.

deano89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hay mitch! in 2007 Liam Fulton was given to Huddersfield (Super League England) on loan for 2 years. i got told that he will be back from there to play for the tigers next year!

100% Warriors

THANKS HAZ!
Reaction score
I was taking the piss, mate. He's no big loss. Has always played second string at every club he's been at.

Stacey Jones is king.
K E, take the Stacey Jones comment back. Because he is no "KING"

I hate him :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiros Yeeros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tonight I heard that Brad Fittler will be the Melbourne Storm assistant coach in 2010. It is a done deal.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Ins and outs: 2010 NRL player movements
http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Articles/6570/2009/09/09/Ins_and_outs_NRL_2010_player_movements_.aspx

Rugbyleaguelive.com | 11/09/09 | 0

Brisbane Broncos
Ins: -
Outs: David Taylor (Rabbitohs), Karmichael Hunt (AFL)

Bulldogs
Ins: Blake Green (Sharks), Dene Halatau (Tigers), Junior Tia Kilifi (Panthers), Mickey Paea (Dragons), Steve Turner (Storm)
Outs: Hazem El Masri (retired)

Canberra Raiders
Outs: Phil Graham (Roosters)

Cronulla Sharks
Ins: Paul Aiton (Panthers), Dean Collis (Tigers), Adam Cuthbertson (Sea Eagles), John Morris (Tigers), Broderick Wright (Eels)
Outs: Ben Ross (Rabbitohs), Brett Seymour (Warriors), Atelea Vea (Storm), Fraser Anderson (Japanese Rugby), Blake Green (Bulldogs), Reni Maitua (sacked), Mitch Brown (Tigers)

Gold Coast Titans
Ins: Joseph Tomane (Storm)
Outs: Daniel Conn (Roosters), Brett Delaney (Leeds)

Manly Sea Eagles
Ins: Dean Whare (Dragons)
Outs: Adam Cuthbertson (Sharks), Heath LeStrange (Bradford, UK Super League), Glenn Hall (Bradford), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Roosters)

Melbourne Storm
Ins: Chase Stanley (Dragons), Atelea Vea (Sharks)
Outs: Joseph Tomane (Titans), Steve Turner (Bulldogs), Will Chambers (Queensland rugby union), Arana Taumata (sacked), James Maloney (Warriors)

Newcastle Knights
Ins: Evarn Tuimavave (Warriors)
Outs: -

North Queensland Cowboys
Ins: Shannon Gallant (Tigers), Leeson Ah Mau (Warriors), Isaak Ah Mau (Broncos), Will Tupou (Broncos)
Outs: Shane Tronc (Wakefield, UK Super League)

Parramatta Eels
Ins: Justin Poore (Dragons), Shane Shackleton (Roosters), Timana Tahu (NSW rugby union)
Outs: Josh Corboda (Hull, UK Super League)

Penrith Panthers
Outs: Paul Aiton (Sharks), Geoff Daniela (Tigers), Junior Tia Kilifi (Bulldogs), Adam Woolnough (retiring)

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Ins: David Taylor (Broncos), Ben Ross (Sharks)
Outs: David Fa’alogo (UK Super League), Craig Wing (Japanese rugby), Eddie Paea (Sharks NSW Cup), Michael Greenfield (Dragons)

St George-Illawarra Dragons
Ins: Michael Greenfield (Rabbitohs), Peni Tagive (Tigers)
Outs: Justin Poore (Eels), Chase Stanley (Storm), Dean Whare (Sea Eagles), Micky Paea (Bulldogs)

Sydney Roosters
Ins: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sea Eagles), Daniel Conn (Titans), JP du Plessis (South African rugby union), Aidan Guerra (Storm), Phil Graham (Raiders)
Outs: Craig Fitzgibbon (Hull, UK Super League), Jordan Tansey (Hull), Shane Shackleton (Eels), Iosia Soliola (St Helens, UK Super League), Mark O'Meley (Hull, UK Super League)

New Zealand Warriors
Ins: James Maloney (Storm)
Outs: Michael Witt (New Zealand rugby union), Stacey Jones (retiring), Denan Kemp (released), Evarn Tuimavave (Knights)

Wests Tigers
Ins: Geoff Daniela (Panthers), Mitch Brown (Sharks), Tame Tupou (Bradford Bulls, UK Super League), Arana Taumata (Melbourne Storm)
Outs: Dean Collis (Sharks), John Morris (Sharks), Shannon Gallant (Cowboys), Peni Tagive (Dragons), Dene Halatau (Bulldogs)

Let us know if we've missed any comings or goings for your club

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
def have more outs

crisp and sullivan have left also, so has millard

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score