NRL Free Agents: More than $10 million in talent for sale

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He'll go for more than that unless he stays at the Storm and even then could possibly be a little more.
Isn't he a likely option for the Dolphins?

Also he is on the too many concussions list good player but one we don't need.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't see us chasing forwards. Also not sure why we would be chasing fullbacks before Dufty has even played a game for us either. Its my opinion Dufty is severely underated here. He wasnt being dropped for form at the dragons.
A prop and fullback will depend on how Dufty and Vaughan go, but saying that Vaughan is getting on in age too so a longer term option could be wise. We also can't wait too long after November since players will start to re-sign/sign elsewhere. Our first priority has to be hooker, one of Smith, Mahoney or Koroisau.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Isn't he a likely option for the Dolphins?

Also he is on the too many concussions list good player but one we don't need.
I think after Paulo Welch is the best prop off contract. I think anyone needing a prop will look at him but everything depends on the price.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker and prop should be the targets...
There's no good halfbacks on the market and I think we have some good young players with potential in the halves anyway plus I think Dufty might surprise a few people this year.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
800k for Kikau? Hahaha that's the funniest thing I've heard today.

I love the player that b Smith is but 900k is too much. I'd be looking at mahoney and Brailey. If Mahoney isn't getting offers above 500k, I'd throw out 550/600k and see what he says.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith has had plenty of time to sign with us, and honestly I don't think was ever really doing anything but bumping up his asking price.

Mahoney will remain with Eels.

Panthers are just about to sack Tyrone May, which will give them the money to retain Koroisau, and keep Mitch Kenny as reserve hooker.
He's had all of about 2 hours to sign with anyone so far. That said, I'm happy to let the other clubs go in to a price war for him at ~1m

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Momorovski is a good signing for the Roosters. He's a more consistent player than Naden.

I think most of the players on that list are good but will get massively overpaid and most of those contracts won't work out well for whoever signs them.
I was a bit surprised we signed him to be honest as we're flush for outside backs, but then I saw the Warriors are making a huge bid for Manu so maybe we aren't going to get into a biding war for his services and Paul is the adequate replacement?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised we signed him to be honest as we're flush for outside backs, but then I saw the Warriors are making a huge bid for Manu so maybe we aren't going to get into a biding war for his services and Paul is the adequate replacement?
Billy Smith is always injured. Who knows what they have planned for Sualli.. Like you said, it's a good contingency for Manu as I can't see them matching a crazy offer for him.

Momorovski has always been a good player and he deserves to be a weekly starter.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BRANDON SMITH INUNDATED WITH OFFERS

There’s some players struggling to get even a nibble of interest in the NRL and then there’s Brandon Smith, who reportedly received offers from four clubs just in one day.

As of November 1, Smith and every other player that comes off contract at the end of 2022 are fair game to rival clubs.

The 25-year-old had been linked to the Bulldogs, Titans, Dolphins and Roosters with his managing telling Fox Sports last week that he’d send an email to every club on November 1 asking them to submit their best offer.

Martin confirmed to The Gold Coast Bulletin that the Titans were the first club to table an offer, followed by the Dolphins and Cowboys.

However he did not disclose who the fourth team was, but did say he hadn’t heard from the club he’s hoping to hear from.

“The Titans were the first team to reach out this morning, and the Dolphins weren’t far behind,” he said.

“We’ve spoken to four teams I thought would be interested, which is all of them except the one I’m after.

“Most clubs have been aware for quite a while (Smith) was going to market (on Monday) so most have made a decision on whether they want to go with Brandon or not.

“We’re not expecting anyone out of the woodwork that wasn’t originally interested from this point.”

Martin’s comments could indicate that Smith has a preference and it’s not the Titans, Dolphins or Cowboys.

The Kiwi Test star was reportedly tabled a three-year offer believed to be worth $2.4 million but that clearly wasn’t enough to convince him to re-sign with the Storm.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BRANDON SMITH INUNDATED WITH OFFERS

There’s some players struggling to get even a nibble of interest in the NRL and then there’s Brandon Smith, who reportedly received offers from four clubs just in one day.

As of November 1, Smith and every other player that comes off contract at the end of 2022 are fair game to rival clubs.

The 25-year-old had been linked to the Bulldogs, Titans, Dolphins and Roosters with his managing telling Fox Sports last week that he’d send an email to every club on November 1 asking them to submit their best offer.

Martin confirmed to The Gold Coast Bulletin that the Titans were the first club to table an offer, followed by the Dolphins and Cowboys.

However he did not disclose who the fourth team was, but did say he hadn’t heard from the club he’s hoping to hear from.

“The Titans were the first team to reach out this morning, and the Dolphins weren’t far behind,” he said.

“We’ve spoken to four teams I thought would be interested, which is all of them except the one I’m after.

“Most clubs have been aware for quite a while (Smith) was going to market (on Monday) so most have made a decision on whether they want to go with Brandon or not.

“We’re not expecting anyone out of the woodwork that wasn’t originally interested from this point.”

Martin’s comments could indicate that Smith has a preference and it’s not the Titans, Dolphins or Cowboys.

The Kiwi Test star was reportedly tabled a three-year offer believed to be worth $2.4 million but that clearly wasn’t enough to convince him to re-sign with the Storm.

Seems to me if we want him we can get him but I don’t think we want to spend 900k on him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems to me if we want him we can get him but I don’t think we want to spend 900k on him.
$900k is absolute craziness. Parra's Reed Mahoney is wanting around $700k and looks a better prospect considering he also has a very decent kicking game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think Gus is way too shrewd to throw 900k at Smith, Fam. Especially when we have just signed too great young prospects in the position. 900k for Cheezel is way too much. Titans, Dolphins and Cowboys ha ve strayed far from The Path that will lead to team Harmony and Balance. Namaste