Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Game day discussion thread

Ladies and Gentleman, our first game of the year! fire up Dogs, can't wait to see our new recruits play with King James leading the pack as our new leader.

_________________________________​

1. Brett Morris 2. Curtis Rona 3. Josh Morris 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Tony Williams 13. Greg Eastwood

14. Sam Kasiano 15. David Klemmer 16. Frank Pritchard 17. Tim Browne
18. Moses Mbye

VS

1. Matt Moylan 2. George Jennings 3. Dean Whare 4. Jamal Idris 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak
6. Jamie Soward 7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam McKendry 9. James Segeyaro 10. Brent Kite 11. Sika Manu 12. Lewis Brown 13. Elijah Taylor

14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Regan Campbell-Gillard 17. Bryce Cartwright
18. Isaah Yeo 19. Apisai Koroisau

Referees: Referees: Ben Cummins, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Grant Atkins, Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Shayne Hayne, Henry Perenara​

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can i start the criticism now of ben cum on my face cummins??? Fcukn hate that guy.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1st game is the best. 90% of kennelers assume the performance in rd1 is exactly how we will perform for the rest of the year. Then when we lose the sack hasler/Reynolds/kas/everyone starts immediately!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have selected a very strong team for round 1 and if we control posession wqe will win convincingly.

Queries: How fit are Hodko (knee), Reynolds (shoulder) and Big Sam (everything that was broken in 2013 & 2014)

Minor criticism: Sam Perrett is as safe as a bank but IMO not fast enough.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can i start the criticism now of ben cum on my face cummins??? Fcukn hate that guy.
We are obviously being punished big time here.....Perenara and Hayne in the video refs box, like using Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller, then Ben Cummins, deaf dumb and blind as the main referee.We thought that the standard of referees was poor last year, well baby , in the words of the BTO song "you
ain't seen nothin' yet"

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We win by 30 points and put on a show like its 2002 again. The boys can't let those oxygen thieving criminals in the box have a say. Should start a petition to put a bell inside the game day balls for Cummins to be allowed to ref any game of NRL.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
The dogs always have those games where they are constantly turning over ball with sloppy handling and ill-timed offloads, but if our handling this game is up to scratch I can see us winning it big.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 1st game is the best. 90% of kennelers assume the performance in rd1 is exactly how we will perform for the rest of the year. Then when we lose the sack hasler/Reynolds/kas/everyone starts immediately!
At least we're consistent :p

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are obviously being punished big time here.....Perenara and Hayne in the video refs box, like using Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller, then Ben Cummins, deaf dumb and blind as the main referee.We thought that the standard of referees was poor last year, well baby , in the words of the BTO song "you
ain't seen nothin' yet"
Helen Keller just might have had Ben Cummins in mind when she said "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision".

One thing that really pisses me off about the NRL is that they hit coaches with a $5,000 to $10,000 fine forr telling the truth while the referees and their association take no responsibility and are totally unaccountable for the outcome of the game due to their bad calls.

And yes, I've still got the shits over Jamie (the milkman) Soward's bleat to the referee that killed off a fair try by Jamal Idris that won us the game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this, wish we didn't have to wait until Sunday. Please boys, bring Idris and Soward back down to earth. And hopefully Gould is missing from commentary on Sunday.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Will be a tight match as usual. They are a capable side at home this time. We are blooding a new hooker this week. I still pick us 1-12 but it wont be the easiest start to the year we could have had.

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this, wish we didn't have to wait until Sunday. Please boys, bring Idris and Soward back down to earth. And hopefully Gould is missing from commentary on Sunday.
Yeah. I'll see Gus Gould and up you Rabbits Warren. If both of those self gratuitous clowns weren't calling the game it would be a lot better night of football.

Pantera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone see Idris on the footy show talking about how many players Penrith had out last year and throwing it down to the Bulldogs?

So lame. I hope all the Bulldogs players saw it.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to stop underestimating the Panthers, they did exceptionally well last season, we should win if we perform at our best but it'll be anything but a cricket score. 'Dogs 1-12

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone see Idris on the footy show talking about how many players Penrith had out last year and throwing it down to the Bulldogs?

So lame. I hope all the Bulldogs players saw it.
Regretfully yes, I did (half) watch that tripe show and see bitch tits talking up his team.

Obviously penrith players are just like their fans, as I read numerous times the fans saying they had all these injuries, yet they still made it deep into the finals. Yeah like all the players missing made such a big difference. The only injuries that hurt them were Peachey, Cartwright and possibly Wallace. They still had their most important players, Soward, Moylan and Segeyaro.

I see them coming back down to earth in a big way this season. I hope so at least. I can't stand Penrith and their fans.

Hopefully we give them a hiding to start the season off with a bang, but I'm not overly confident. Mainly due to it being round 1 and not knowing what to expect from either team. Also, penrith have been our bogey team for ages. Our team is a lot better than theirs in most areas though. As long as we can limit Soured and Moylan's impact, we should win.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going on from the game from lastnyt, in the early rounds with even teams playing whoever holds the ball and completes more sets wins the game. Its that simple honestly. Ball control and discipline and ur 90% there in my view. Hope all our big boys just grab the pill and charge hard and fast into the line. No need for anything fancy or unforced in the early rounds. Let the backs do the fancy shiet but inperative our forwards steam roll them in the middle.

Swamper

Waterboy
Reaction score
Late mail is that Mybe will drop off bench. It will be great to see the big boys destroy those chocolate donuts

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Minor tweak to the thread title, in prep for this years discussion threads for all grades :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.