Reaction score
Lol...
That's a concern.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the 10 metres was properly enforced there wouldnt be a need for so many rule changes- the best games over the last 20 years flowed because teams were kept apart - the 10 metres over the last few years is closer to 7 or 8 metres most of the game.
Also with the artificial speeding up of the game the refs cant keep up - fatigue mistakes etc

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Channel 9 Friday night TV ratings 2020

Rd 1 - 714,000

Rd 2 - 599,000

Rd 3 - 768,000

Rd 4 - 713,000

Rd 1 - 657,000

Rd 2 - 527,000

Rd 3 - 625,000

Rd 4 - 549,000
I hate the new rules but I think you need to factor in a little thing called COVID...

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand what is so wrong with having low scoring, tight games? People that know the game understand it is a war of attrition.

When we have to change the rules to appease suited up directors with pony tails and earnings who have no idea about the game then the game itself is in trouble.
I remember a few years back we won three on the trot by a point it was heart in mouth exciting stuff now im just bored shitless

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont believe the new 6 again rules will last. Players are already complaining, and injuries mounting.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dont believe the new 6 again rules will last. Players are already complaining, and injuries mounting.
I hope you're right but I think they will keep it as it makes it easier to rort games and get the most favourable betting outcomes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the viewing audience numbers, that about the only thing that will convince the NRL that they have gone too far. The turn off rate at half time surely must make for scary reading, I wouldn't be surprised if they had less than half the viewers by game's end.

Go Dogs
Not to mention dwindling attendances for the bottom 8 teams as the season goes on..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope you're right but I think they will keep it as it makes it easier to rort games and get the most favourable betting outcomes.
They're too stupid/stubborn/corrupt to change it or admit they made a mistake..

It will eventually change as it's a blight on the game but only when V'Landys screws the game up even more and no one's watching and they're losing money. Which will probably be another year or two before the genius "commission" acts..

They need to overhaul everything and everyone. Disband the commission and as much as people hate him (and I don't blame them), put Gus in as CEO. He did a great job at Penrith whether people want to admit it or not.

At least he knows the foundations of Rugby League and won't bastardise the sport. No more corporate lackies from other leagues or sports. We need Rugby League people like Quayle and Arthurson running the code again. That was the last time footy was king in my opinion.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want to know what the base lines are for calling 6 again? I watch pretty closely and although some calls are obvious some don’t seem to be consistent at all and because it’s all so quick half the time you don’t even know what it’s for...?
I dont think the refs know mate. The game is moving so fast now, how can they possibly see things clearl when they were completely incapable of seeing them at last years pace, or even the yeara before.
More then anything, i think fans want to see a fair contest. One that is not decided by the ref. A hard fought slog with one victor. How is this so difficult to make happen?
I think fans would also love to watch a game on asaturday afternoon, rather then 7 or 8 at night!! But thats a whole other argument.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don’t enjoy watching it anymore but I would I guess if we were winning but I’ll watch the game but after the 3rd six again bell I’m like yeah we are gone..

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what it’s for but I am wondering what the boundaries are because it appears that it’s way tighter than it was when penalty’s were given. If each 6 again called was a penalty we might have 20+ penalties called per game which is way more than before.
Good point and is exactly what most are saying. Before this season they would not blow the pea out of the whistle during a game which would have shown a massive blowout in the penalty count but call everything under the six again rule which makes it look like a free flowing game with few penalties. The six again are exactly the same infringements as in the past ......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fully agree and most importantly, it is "discretionary" for the referee. Some ref's seem to police it hard and others just let the game flow a bit more. We have copped a couple of referees (not forgetting Ben Cummins) who just like to nit pick and then generally not with any consistency. I watched a couple of games in round 4 where if it were the Dogs, we would have been pinged, but some of the "better" sides seem to not get caught at all. Rabbits on line defence was reported as great, but rarely were they back the 10 or one foot behind the line......blind eye turned......
Some pretty damning stills put out showing just "how quick" Souths were off the line in defence...some players were already three metres in front of the referee as the ball hit the ground....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough on the message... I'm trying to bite my tongue on the inability of someone to wear their clothes properly... Almost like they also want a piece of the attention :unamused:
Yeh I didn't like Ben Hunts top either [emoji6]