News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs supporter through and through for over 40 years. I hate the Eels. They are our arch enemy.
Much as I hate to admit it, I can't see us finishing in the 8 this year. We should finish 9th or 10th. Next year, 2nd year with Ciraldos systems and another at least 2 good contracted additions in Crighton and Xerri we should make the top 8.
The best team in the comp beat the Eels last year, after losing twice to the Eels during the season.
Yes we are better in 2023, but not better than 8 teams.
I win footy tipping competitions just for fun. How do you go in them?
In 23 we don't have an elite 1, 6 or 7.
Our 6 could become elite in the future. ATM he's a rep centre. The teams with the best spines make the finals and ATM those teams are...in no particular order....Penrith, Souths, Roosters, Storm, Eels, Sharks, Cowboys and Manly.
Next is Tigers, Dogs, Broncos, Raiders
Then Warriors, St George, Titans, Newcastle and Dolphins
There's a lot of ordinary teams with ordinary spines there in that bottom 9.
I've followed the Berries / Bulldogs since 1976. We had a competitive side in the '70's but there were NO salary caps back then and the Rorters and the Silver Tails dominated the '70's, Saints picked up premierships in 77 and 79 but we beat the Rorters in '80.

In 1978 many of our then top players, left the club for other clubs, a number of them joining Newtown, including Bill Noonan. Everyone at the time thought we'd be easy beats in '79 but with Ted Glossop in only his 2nd season as coach of the Bulldogs, a schoolteacher by profession, all players and most coaches had other jobs back then, would bring about the birth of the Entertainers with a young, fast squad that was allowed to play their natural game. Steve Mortimer was a star and the 'Dogs made it the '79 Grand Final only to be beaten by Saints who had a 17-0 lead at half time and coach Glossop told them to go out and enjoy themselves as this will be the final 40 minutes of Rugby League, you'll play this year. They did and nearly pulled off a miraculous comeback, losing 17-13. Next year in 1980 we won our first competition in 38 years over the Rorters.

Moral of the story is we had a team back then that gelled well together, and it brought about instant success. We now have a far better side than I've seen in nearly 20 years and will only get better with more top players signing up for 2024. We, now like in '79 have a new coach and have improved our roster better than any other club. Some are losing top players due to salary cap restraints.

Just have a look at how many rep players we now have in our squad? If we don't finish top 8 this season we NEVER will.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've followed the Berries / Bulldogs since 1976. We had a competitive side in the '70's but there were NO salary caps back then and the Rorters and the Silver Tails dominated the '70's, Saints picked up premierships in 77 and 79 but we beat them in '80.

In 1978 many of our then top players, left the club for other clubs, a number of them joining Newtown, including Bill Noonan. Everyone at the time thought we'd be easy beats in '79 but with Ted Glossop in only his 2nd season as coach of the Bulldogs, a schoolteacher by profession, all players and most coaches had other jobs back then, would bring about the birth of the Entertainers with a young, fast squad that was allowed to play their natural game. Steve Mortimer was a star and the 'Dogs made it the '79 Grand Final only to be beaten by Saints who had a 17-0 lead at half time and coach Glossop told them to go out and enjoy themselves as this will be the final 40 minutes of Rugby League, you'll play this year. They did and nearly pulled off a miraculous comeback, losing 17-13. Next year in 1980 we won our first competition in 38 years over the Rorters.

Moral of the story is we had a team back then that gelled well together, and it brought about instant success. We now have a far better side than I've seen in nearly 20 years and will only get better with more top players signing up for 2024. We, now like in '79 have a new coach and have improved our roster better than any other club. Some are losing top players due to salary cap restraints.

Just have a look at how many rep players we now have in our squad? If we don't finish top 8 this season we NEVER will.
We built our history and success over the years on sheer effort, grit and determination.

We very rarely ever had superstars over the years, more so relied on fitness, belief and resilience. Even this year and 2024, the players aren’t you’re Tedesco’s, Cleary’s Or Tommy Turbo’s - But, the players we do have are of sound quality and more importantly, starting to gel, grow in confidence and buying into our cause - Ciraldo and Gus might just be our best recruits considering these points.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've followed the Berries / Bulldogs since 1976. We had a competitive side in the '70's but there were NO salary caps back then and the Rorters and the Silver Tails dominated the '70's, Saints picked up premierships in 77 and 79 but we beat them in '80.

Just because you have super stars in your team that doesn't mean you're winning the comp and rely on individual talent.
There is no I in team!

Its about building a team on effort and willing to work for one another making that extra tackle running those extra meters and building combinations and defense.
This takes time working on different structures.
We're on the right track!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just because you have super stars in your team that doesn't mean you're winning the comp and rely on individual talent.
There is no I in team!

Its about building a team on effort and willing to work for one another making that extra tackle running those extra meters and building combinations and defense.
This takes time working on different structures.
We're on the right track!
As the great one once said, there’s no I in team….

There’s an ME in that motherfucker though…

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With all our recent signings and signings yet to be devolged, Moses might be reconsidering his stance on show me the money and might be pondering a premiership with the Dogs. Thus no decision yet, here's hoping!!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With all our recent signings and signings yet to be devolged, Moses might be reconsidering his stance on show me the money and might be pondering a premiership with the Dogs. Thus no decision yet, here's hoping!!!
Moses is contracted for another year, he doesn't need to do anything, he can sit back and watch his value increase as there are no 7s coming off contract next season either . Everyone might want him to make a decision, but i don't see it happening anytime soon

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses is contracted for another year, he doesn't need to do anything, he can sit back and watch his value increase as there are no 7s coming off contract next season either . Everyone might want him to make a decision, but i don't see it happening anytime soon
While Moses sits and ponders his future, clubs need time to prepare their rosters for the coming season...not necessarily "23 I'm thinking "24 and onwards, which also weighs heavely on recruitment and retention. Who to keep, who to let go. Sooner or later Moses will have to make his decision.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally think Moses and his management are waiting on 3rd party agreements to come through. They know what all three clubs are offering, 3rd parties might not be so set in stone and could make a huge difference.

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While Moses sits and ponders his future, clubs need time to prepare their rosters for the coming season...not necessarily "23 I'm thinking "24 and onwards, which also weighs heavely on recruitment and retention. Who to keep, who to let go. Sooner or later Moses will have to make his decision.
I personally think Moses and his management are waiting on 3rd party agreements to come through. They know what all three clubs are offering, 3rd parties might not be so set in stone and could make a huge difference.
He may have already agreed to terms with us or the tigers and not want to cop the flack from parra fans or disrupt their season by announcing it.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He may have already agreed to terms with us or the tigers and not want to cop the flack from parra fans or disrupt their season by announcing it.
The only thing wrong with that assumption is that his current club will announce he’s leaving or he will tell his teammates and coach and then it will come out.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing wrong with that assumption is that his current club will announce he’s leaving or he will tell his teammates and coach and then it will come out.
If he makes it known to them, at this stage I'd say they know as much as we do

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's the case he and his management would be mad not to talk to the Rorters, they have TPA's like no other team, helps when you have Uncle Nick at the helm. He could sign on for less than the others are offering but would no doubt be getting more through TPA's as most do at the Rorters over the last decade.

Sam Walker has extended his contract with the Rorters for a few more seasons but they don't have any back up half back in their squad.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel we're more unlikely to sign Moses than likely. He'll either re-sign with the Eels or go back to the Tigers who are offering him huge $$$$$.

It not only comes down to $$$$$ but also where he's more comfortable playing and his first-grade clubs have been the Eels and Tigers. One of those two are favoured to sign him IMO but as Lloyd Christmas once said, "I'm (we're) still a chance".

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a big love fest at Parra, BA, Moses, Gutho & Brown. I would be absolutely shocked if he left.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parramatta fans seem to think that he will re sign with them soon. There’s a few credible sources there that say he was always staying but wanted to squeeze as much as he can from the eels.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel we're more unlikely to sign Moses than likely. He'll either re-sign with the Eels or go back to the Tigers who are offering him huge $$$$$.

It not only comes down to $$$$$ but also where he's more comfortable playing and his first-grade clubs have been the Eels and Tigers. One of those two are favoured to sign him IMO but as Lloyd Christmas once said, "I'm (we're) still a chance".
The dolphins still have plenty of cash and no marque signings, they could be a smokey too

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parramatta fans seem to think that he will re sign with them soon. There’s a few credible sources there that say he was always staying but wanted to squeeze as much as he can from the eels.
They do seem the most confident, but they are probably the most delusional too

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Let's not forget before Moses became an Eel he wanted to come to the Dogs. Hasler put a stop to it because he wanted Foran. Not everything is base upon a dollar value. Players play their entire careers without winning a premiership, To a player like Moses playing in a Losing Grand Final it would be the Holly Grail, so close but yet so far. The Tigers will not win a Premiership any time soon, The Eels Premiership window is closing. With these new recruits and Ciraldo Gus has us going from strength to strength. We have become a very attractive proposition for any player that dreams of Premiership glory. But of cause you would have to walk a mile in a mans shoes to know what he is thinking.....only time will tell.

Last edited: