News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, settle down. No one knows if he is coming or not - some may have mail but nothing is definite until he signs his next contract
Few have tried to tell him mate, he just won't take this advice and consequently is copping more shit as a result.
Fn relax Joel how many times mate...it's a circus cool your jets ffs.
If you can't then yes maybe have a mini spell for a few weeks.

Ps..still don't believe he is putting on an "act" though nothing would surprise with what some stnuc think is funny...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless of our squad, you need to consider who from last years top 8 is going to fall out? To make room for us? Who gets worse by a margin big enough to allow us into the 8? Penrith? No. Roosters? No. Parra? Maybe but I still think they win enough games to make it. Cowboys? Potentially. Sharks? No. Storm? Unlikely. Bunnies? Potentially. Raiders? Potentially.
Looking at that, there will probably be 1, maybe 2 that slide down the ladder from last year.
We have a fresh squad, that will take time to click, a brand new head coach with <10 head coaching games to his name, and in those games the team effectively run itself, by his admission. I would like to think our squad will get us there and I’m very hopeful for it. But to say it’s a guarantee or poor season not to make the 8 is a bit of a stretch. Unless we come out the gates like Cowboys last year and have an outlier season. Fingers crossed.
My 20 cents (grossly overpriced at that) on who might drop out of the 8 and why, my view is that top 8 is also about depth not just how many strike players are on the roster;

Penrith - No, they have enough depth to survive almost anything.

Chooks - Possibly, they have the same old problem, their top 17 is quality, but the drop off is sharp after that. Their main "enforcer" JWH isn't getting any younger and a few injuries (cough cough Keary) and they are farked. Plus if Robinson continues with his crazy player welfare decisions from the last 3 seasons then injuries are a likely result.

Scum - Likely, but who knows what happens to Brad Arthur if they drop a few in row. They have lost Niukore, Isaiah Papali'i, Stone, Oregon Kaufusi, Mahoney, Perham and Opacic and aside from Hodgson haven't replaced them with anyone of note.

Cowboys - No, too much home ground advantage (BTW we beat them in R1 last year) and they haven't lost much in the way of quality players.

Sharks - Possibly, same as Chooks, depth is questionable. Plus they have lost Metcalf, Pele, Fifita and Tolman (that's a hell of a lot of experience gone) and not really replaced them with anyone.

Storm - Unlikely, but Paps is out for no one knows how long, Meanie is playing fullback, and they have lost Bromwich's x 2, Nofoaluma is no longer on loan, Felise Kaufusi and of course Brandon Smith. The big question, how much has Bellamy got left in him as this his last year (maybe).

Bunnies - Possibly, they have only really lost Nicholls and Nikorima but they haven't been replaced, they are relying on promotion from within (in other words they have Cap problems). Their half back is worse than ours, Cook and Burgess are another year older and aside from Mitchell and Johnson their backline looks weak.

Raiders -Likely, they have lost Hodgson, Sutton, Elliott and CNK plus they don't have an experienced back-up halfback since Sam Williams has retired.

That's 2 x No, 1 x Unlikely, 3 x Possibly and 2 x Likely.

Always a Bulldog

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My 20 cents (grossly overpriced at that) on who might drop out of the 8 and why, my view is that top 8 is also about depth not just how many strike players are on the roster;

Penrith - No, they have enough depth to survive almost anything.

Chooks - Possibly, they have the same old problem, their top 17 is quality, but the drop off is sharp after that. Their main "enforcer" JWH isn't getting any younger and a few injuries (cough cough Keary) and they are farked. Plus if Robinson continues with his crazy player welfare decisions from the last 3 seasons then injuries are a likely result.

Scum - Likely, but who knows what happens to Brad Arthur if they drop a few in row. They have lost Niukore, Isaiah Papali'i, Stone, Oregon Kaufusi, Mahoney, Perham and Opacic and aside from Hodgson haven't replaced them with anyone of note.

Cowboys - No, too much home ground advantage (BTW we beat them in R1 last year) and they haven't lost much in the way of quality players.

Sharks - Possibly, same as Chooks, depth is questionable. Plus they have lost Metcalf, Pele, Fifita and Tolman (that's a hell of a lot of experience gone) and not really replaced them with anyone.

Storm - Unlikely, but Paps is out for no one knows how long, Meanie is playing fullback, and they have lost Bromwich's x 2, Nofoaluma is no longer on loan, Felise Kaufusi and of course Brandon Smith. The big question, how much has Bellamy got left in him as this his last year (maybe).

Bunnies - Possibly, they have only really lost Nicholls and Nikorima but they haven't been replaced, they are relying on promotion from within (in other words they have Cap problems). Their half back is worse than ours, Cook and Burgess are another year older and aside from Mitchell and Johnson their backline looks weak.

Raiders -Likely, they have lost Hodgson, Sutton, Elliott and CNK plus they don't have an experienced back-up halfback since Sam Williams has retired.

That's 2 x No, 1 x Unlikely, 3 x Possibly and 2 x Likely.

Always a Bulldog
So you're saying we're still a chance.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the traditional sense all things are pointing to Moses leaving.

First he publicly said a decision would be done by Christmas doesn't mean annouced

The unwritten Law with recruitment with footy clubs is the successful club who gains signature get to announce it first.

The only club which seems to bitch about is Penrith who sent media release saying Crichton's will be leaving. There has been other club who don't like the way Penrith have done their over the last 4 years.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the traditional sense all things are pointing to Moses leaving.

First he publicly said a decision would be done by Christmas doesn't mean annouced

The unwritten Law with recruitment with footy clubs is the successful club who gains signature get to announce it first.

The only club which seems to bitch about is Penrith who sent media release saying Crichton's will be leaving. There has been other club who don't like the way Penrith have done their over the last 4 years.
Who knows but eels fans today are adamant that he will be re signing. I guess Gus didn’t want to go into a bidding war. Maybe Kiwi can shed some light on the situation.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the old bulldogs debate page still running? Even if dead quiet, it wouldn’t take much for it to be flooded with members of this place keeps going the way it is.
Of course it's still running and populated with true die hard Dogs fans.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows but eels fans today are adamant that he will be re signing. I guess Gus didn’t want to go into a bidding war. Maybe Kiwi can shed some light on the situation.
If Parra do keep Moses I bet they'll be paying more now after him being linked to us.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sign Moses we are going to be facing salary cap banter from rivals like the Rooters do
I said Chricton was coming to us over a year ago and has signed for us in '24.

As for Moses coming, I'd say it's highly unlikely he will, especially with what he is asking for.

Has no affiliation with the Bulldogs but has previously stayed loyal to the Eels and is more chance of resigning or going to the Tigers as they are offering him more than the Eels and us.

I feel Gus and Ciraldo really want to see how Flanagan goes this year and within 6 or 8 rounds of this season they'll know whether they re sign Flanagan or look outside the club. A couple from left field and for far less than Moses could be Corey Paix from the Broncos who is off contract at the end of this season and George Williams who wants to play in the NRL again and I feel he'd be a better fit for us than Moses who has a similar game to Burton in the halves.

Reactions: 88