not all doom and gloom

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
rfm coming back from injury so didn't start, guessing left edge when fit pushing elliot to right next to flanagan, Waddell goes, cotric was ok, few errors but still think he's on wrong side( bring in schoupp) push cotric to right, flanagan had decent game, unfortunately we have no starting props, hoping thommo helps but still need another starter, would like to see how we go with all our starters on field

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's definitely not all doom and gloom and people need to be patient results wise. With a new coach and so many new players it's going to take a while til we gel.

Flanagan was very good. Cotric made some errors but some of his runs were great. If only players were backing him up. Elliott was pretty good. Allan looked off the pace so hopefully he improves. Obviously our pack and defence were an issue and they need to lift next week otherwise Penrith could rack up plenty of points.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
rfm coming back from injury so didn't start, guessing left edge when fit pushing elliot to right next to flanagan, Waddell goes, cotric was ok, few errors but still think he's on wrong side( bring in schoupp) push cotric to right, flanagan had decent game, unfortunately we have no starting props, hoping thommo helps but still need another starter, would like to see how we go with all our starters on field
Cotric actually changed sides in round 1. He was on the opposite side in the trial.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When RFM knocked that ball on from the tap I threw him in the dumb **** basket with DWZ... Shit errors like that should never ever happen

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all doom and gloom flanagan, cotric n hetherington looked good. But the squad is still not one that will challenge good teams without some luck.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno will be a super star no doubt about it, hetherington has a lot of Mongrel about him and will only get better, the school teacher is a little machine in the making, avo and cotric have what it takes , will only get better as the season goes on. So definitely some positives. But a lot of work to do.!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan was "good", FMD that's an understatement, he was farkin brilliant, top kick metres 499, top line break assists 3, top try assists 3, only missed 4 tackles all game (same as Jackson) with the big guys targeting him and kicked a goal from the El Masri sideline (that brought back memories).

How long has it been since we had a halfback with that game?

Go Dogs

Malla

Reaction score
I hate using the ref as a reason for losing but I think it came down to a few dud calls against us as well as knights getting away with blue murder in the ruck. Just swung the game the other way every time we looked like getting a roll on. Anyway, one thing I really took from the game is fuck it’s good having a good half back. But I think there’s so much pressure on Flanagan without having a good 5/8 next to him hence the need for Burton. There will be so much pressure put on Flanno against the really good teams. Averillo is ok, but not a half.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The knights are a decent team. I doubt they will be top 4 this year, but still decent. We gave them a good run for the first 30 mins, but the weight of possession heavily favoured them due to 6 agains, and our cheap turnovers. Once the weight of posessuon swung their way, we struggle to match them.
Flanagan was very good i thought. 2 try assists? Averillo's kicking game was on point as well, which i was happy with. I also liked the variations in attack. Kicking on the 3rd, after scoring a try. Players in motion everywhere. Very nice. We were totally outmuscled in the forwards though. Ogden didnt bend the line once, and Napa offered nothing. Atoni was also veey quiet. Even RFM offered little. Pretty sad to watch.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate using the ref as a reason for losing but I think it came down to a few dud calls against us as well as knights getting away with blue murder in the ruck. Just swung the game the other way every time we looked like getting a roll on. Anyway, one thing I really took from the game is fuck it’s good having a good half back. But I think there’s so much pressure on Flanagan without having a good 5/8 next to him hence the need for Burton. There will be so much pressure put on Flanno against the really good teams. Averillo is ok, but not a half.
Averillo was great. What are you talking about???

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When RFM knocked that ball on from the tap I threw him in the dumb **** basket with DWZ... Shit errors like that should never ever happen
I agree.

Might be time to cut our loses with players who continually knock on, give away penalties, routinely don't give 100% for the minutes they are on the field.

We will never progress with players in the roster who you can say only have 2 or 3 stand out games in a season and the rest of the games are mistake riddled or lazy.

There's a few been playing with us in that category.

It seems they can't lift to get into that consistent fg standard required.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flannagan was excellent and Cotric looked dangerous. We definitely need Thompson back and another front rower though. If we cut out some of those silly errors we could be winning these type of games. I’d be keep Elliot on the left edge with RFM on the right though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The knights are a decent team. I doubt they will be top 4 this year, but still decent. We gave them a good run for the first 30 mins, but the weight of possession heavily favoured them due to 6 agains, and our cheap turnovers. Once the weight of posessuon swung their way, we struggle to match them.
Flanagan was very good i thought. 2 try assists? Averillo's kicking game was on point as well, which i was happy with. I also liked the variations in attack. Kicking on the 3rd, after scoring a try. Players in motion everywhere. Very nice. We were totally outmuscled in the forwards though. Ogden didnt bend the line once, and Napa offered nothing. Atoni was also veey quiet. Even RFM offered little. Pretty sad to watch.
Attention to detail or lack of And we made it hard for ourselves, so close but so far.!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno will be a super star no doubt about it, hetherington has a lot of Mongrel about him and will only get better, the school teacher is a little machine in the making, avo and cotric have what it takes , will only get better as the season goes on. So definitely some positives. But a lot of work to do.!!
Just as Baz said. We arevery much a work in progress! Given our lack of general cohesion amongst the squad, the conditions on the day, and the amount of cheap turnover and questionable refereeing, we were still competitive until the end, and almost scored on the buzzer.
We will improve.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is not a half. Don’t kid yourself. Kicking game is shit. Looks like he whispers his play calls. He is an outside back.
Totally disagree. His kicking was very much on point. Some great kicks that landed on a dime 1m out, and a great kick on 3rd tackle for field position. Didnt have a bad kick that i recall.