not all doom and gloom

Malla

Reaction score
Seriously? His short kicking game was on point. I was more than happy with his performance, was one of the best on show last night.!!
One kick that came off his shin. You’re easy to please mate lol

Malla

Reaction score
Totally disagree. His kicking was very much on point. Some great kicks that landed on a dime 1m out, and a great kick on 3rd tackle for field position. Didnt have a bad kick that i recall.
Short kicking game ok; long kicking game? What else did he do?
not saying he is bad, he’s a great player I just don’t think he’s a half that’s all. Centre or fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The entire forward pack other than Elliott is not starting quality, maybe Jackson on reduced minutes would offer more? Spine combined terribly. Forwards rolled. Terrible defence. We will get better, hopefully a lot better, but last night imo was extremely disappointing.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Short kicking game ok; long kicking game? What else did he do?
not saying he is bad, he’s a great player I just don’t think he’s a half that’s all. Centre or fullback.
He is definitely not a centre. We leart this last year. 5/8 or fb. And with the side we currently have, he is our best option at 5/8 this year!! He had a very good game! Dont understand the criticism tbh!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look this year is going to be trial and error and I know that. With the inclusion of jac and Burton next year our attack will be better then the last 5 years. We need a few big bodies and a hooker to be a real top 8 contender 2022 so I’m hoping during the season we announce a few decent signing which signals the end of what’s left from the Des days.
Let’s just cheer the team on and hope they string some wins together and finish as high as possible away from the spoon this year so next year they can come out firing. Well me hopes

Malla

Reaction score
He is definitely not a centre. We leart this last year. 5/8 or fb. And with the side we currently have, he is our best option at 5/8 this year!! He had a very good game! Dont understand the criticism tbh!
Him being our best option at 5/8 pretty much sums it up doesn’t it

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo 1 run...... 2 errors...... 1 penalty.
That's not on

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Flanagan pleasantly surprised me. In a team where the forwards were totally dominated and where he had very little help from his halves partner, he showed he has what it takes to be the halfback we've been looking for.

With Burton beside him we have two very important pieces of the spine puzzle locked in for hopefully many years to come.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very good game? LOL. What game did you watch? Haha. I'm excited by Jake but he was non existent other than a few touches and was a disaster defensively. Explains your opinion on Hetherington :tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He is not a half. Don’t kid yourself. Kicking game is shit. Looks like he whispers his play calls. He is an outside back.
Seriously? His short kicking game was on point. I was more than happy with his performance, was one of the best on show last night.!!
Totally disagree. His kicking was very much on point. Some great kicks that landed on a dime 1m out, and a great kick on 3rd tackle for field position. Didnt have a bad kick that i recall.
I think you need to go back and watch the game again,. Like the others above have pointed out his kicking was actually the highlight of his game.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you need to go back and watch the game again,. Like the others above have pointed out his kicking was actually the highlight of his game.

Go Dogs
Indeed it was.. crazy to think otherwise

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very good game? LOL. What game did you watch? Haha. I'm excited by Jake but he was non existent other than a few touches and was a disaster defensively. Explains your opinion on Hetherington :tearsofjoy:
This post explains your opinion of hetherington. Always glass empty! Hetherington bent the line almost every touch. He was our only prop that gave us any momentum.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This post explains your opinion of hetherington. Always glass empty! Hetherington bent the line almost every touch. He was our only prop that gave us any momentum.
He absolutely didn't. 7 runs for 61m in 57 minutes is pathetic for a starting prop. Ogden who is getting trashed had 15 runs for 135m in 51 minutes. Not sure where to momentum you speak of was with his massive 7 carries :tearsofjoy:

The entire pack was shit other than Elliott. But I can't cop people praising Hetherington when he was absolutely no better than the rest just because they have Hetherington boner like Baz.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The entire forward pack other than Elliott is not starting quality, maybe Jackson on reduced minutes would offer more? Spine combined terribly. Forwards rolled. Terrible defence. We will get better, hopefully a lot better, but last night imo was extremely disappointing.
Going forward
8. ?
10. Thompson
11. Topine / Doorey
12. Elliot
13. Doorey / Topine
* If Matterson rumours are true then start him on right edge and bench either Doorey or Topine. But as you have said we are up the shit without signing an elite prop who can bend the line

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a starting point to look at where we are lacking and what needs to be addressed, saw plenty of good things to build off, started off looking pretty razzy and the only way is up from here.