'No respect': Bulldogs rookie flattens Cam Smith as Storm survive massive scare

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup was great, anything that doesn’t go Smith’s way is a win and puts grins on doggies supporters faces lol..

Best thing we did was stop him breaking elmagics record vs us ... that in itself rubbed even more salt into the wounds he already received haha!!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No respect at all.

When I was a baby I was breastfed by my father. My mother never breastfed me as a child, she told me she liked me as a friend.

Only reason I get any girls at all is because of who I am. A rapist.

A girl called me and said "come over, no one is home". I went over, no one was home.

My wife told me she wants to have sex in the back seat of the car. She wants me to drive.
That's some pretty deep stuff.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's some pretty deep stuff.
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.

I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he can work on his concentration and be more confident under the high ball we might have another Ronaesque player on hand.

Defence does need some improvement. But if I’m not mistaken he went over 200m last week? Great go forward and we generally start our sets well from kicks. Funny we went after crighton expecting something like this. And Jayden ended up stepping up instead when given than chance.

Anyways. Early days. Even Frawley looked like a dally m medalist early on.

Let’s just hope he keeps working on his game and his attitude doesn’t fall off of he gets lazy.

His drops off kicks is purely a concentration thing more then an inability.
this is true! He does seem to be missing some finesse , with those legs, that height, that strength and speed he just doesn't seem to be able to finish

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
Lol dad jokes

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dad?! More like "one of the best comedians to have ever lived" jokes.

That Cuban cigar is a deadset
giveaway ..left over from the pack he was handing out while his wife was in the delivery room giving birth

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Do you do stand up? Is this original? Nice work

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Jayden runs on a railway line. Wish he would at least try and step or run around the fullback lol
He’s not that type of player.
He’s a power player not an agility player.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
My favourite part of that article was "he has no respect" - it goes to the heart of what makes rugby league great. You are out there and you can smash whoever you want, no matter who they are and what they have done for the past 20 years. LOL You can humble them in that moment as if they are nothing. Love it!

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

LOL, you're on fire KE

Reactions: K E

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What are they talking about respect - it’s a contact sport with an opposition, sorry Jayden in future surrender to chicken wing tackles

Lol....what about the fact that Smith often shows disrespect for other players and the officials alike.......

Is it respect to be third man in all the time when a tackle has been effected and the guy is going nowhere....

Is it respect to stand there and argue the toss with the referee ten times a game when his side is penalised for one after the other grubby tactic like leg pulling.....

And as for Gould he needs to give himself a massive uppercut...one too many knocks to the head have taken their toll on Gould.

Maybe he should just tell his players to show respect not only on the field but off it too and to stay away from social media, grog and other things. Just a selection of a few incidents showing that the need to learn respect is in short supply at Penrith.....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...-as-new-sex-tape-emerges-20190304-p511ky.html

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...s-over-offfield-incidents-20140314-hviwd.html

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/matthew-johns-reveals-phil-goulds-hidden-reason-fo/3327007/

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/panthers-phillips-on-drink-driving-charge

https://www.cowboysstampede.com.au/threads/craig-gower-in-trouble-for-off-field-behaviour.2060/

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We shouldn’t be celebrating too much, kid is exposed to be a piss poor under the high ball

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s not that type of player.
He’s a power player not an agility player.
I'm not suggesting he has to step and swerve when bringing the ball back. I mean when in open space he should try and step or change direction to try and go all the way or at least make more metres. He has broken through twice and ran straight into the fullback and that's where the run has ended. I'm not having a dig at him, just wondering why he doesn't try something different.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting he has to step and swerve when bringing the ball back. I mean when in open space he should try and step or change direction to try and go all the way or at least make more metres. He has broken through twice and ran straight into the fullback and that's where the run has ended. I'm not having a dig at him, just wondering why he doesn't try something different.
It’s a tactic, now all the fullbacks will think he is going to run straight at them, so when he does step they’ll be surprised, not ready, fall flat on their face, grasping at air and as a result look stupid.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
NSW Team of the Week | Rd 4

5. Jayden Okunbor
Club: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs; 2019 TOTW selections: 1

In just his second game of first-grade, Okunbor proved unstoppable for the Bulldogs in their nail biting loss to the Storm. Scored his first career try before recording three line-breaks and six tackle-breaks en route to 290 running metres.

Go Dogs