News No quick fix for Canterbury Bulldogs amid another poor start, says Paul Gallen

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same member keeps posting these re-washed versions of the same narrative "Dog's are in more shit than speed gordon" yeh we know man, it get's pretty tiring and wtf is this DjDeep fella anyway....a legit dogs fans or a shitstirring infidel :sleeping:

I don't care that these dh's have an opinion(like some others seem too), their paid to do so my issue is do we have to post 20 of them a day on here...
That's the thing. I don't know why people post it. It's like our own fans want to rile each other up.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I feel like this fuckin “it’s gonna take a few years” bullshit talk is pathetic. We have what 12 fuckin players off contract this year and your tellin me we can’t go balls and cock deep into the market and get some better players and improve next year. It can be done. We are in a good position cap wise with all these dud cocksuckers off contract this year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel like this fuckin “it’s gonna take a few years” bullshit talk is pathetic. We have what 12 fuckin players off contract this year and your tellin me we can’t go balls and cock deep into the market and get some better players and improve next year. It can be done. We are in a good position cap wise with all these dud cocksuckers off contract this year
Exactly.. 15 players off contract, most of them dead weight.. $2.5-$3 million in cap space. TPAs to use. A great young half in Burton signed up and Addo-Carr as well.. We can easily be top 8 next season if we sign good players no matter who is coaching.

But the media and most of our fans would rather be pessimistic and not hold out hope.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We are shit. Deal with it. If they're so right with their opinions as you say then what is there to cry about? You know we'll be shit this year and hopefully we'll be much better next year. There may or may not be a new coach by then. Time will tell..

Yes, that's my point. Those clubs deserve the spotlight and blowtorch on them just as much. I know why we always get talked about. Because we get more clicks and response than anyone. Still doesn't mean I have to act like these clowns are speaking the gospel when they're not saying anything of substance and have an obvious hatred/agenda against us.
They do talk about other teams..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
best get used to such articles, we can expect 2-3 of them a week for the remainder of the season

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what Captain Peptide has to say anyway? That is like litening to Gordon Tallis' opinion and that **** can't string more than 3 words together without confusing himself.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s right. We should all Sit back, stop creating un-necessary pressure and let it happen

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All we need is drugs. pump our whole squad up

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Our target against the Storm is 1) to cross their line twice and 2) concede only 4 trys. Should we do that I would be very happy.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what Captain Peptide has to say anyway? That is like litening to Gordon Tallis' opinion and that **** can't string more than 3 words together without confusing himself.
He's (Tallis) good at telling everyone when he's upset because he didn't get a free day out at the races.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The answer is astute buying,player effort and a few wins to boost everyone's confidence. I doubt that anyone in the media would tell us the fix if they knew it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If it ain't fixed after this year a lot of people need to be held accountable who're still at the club (I mean ruthless sackings, have we already done that?).

There is literally no reason why we can't have a competitive roster for 2022 and I'll give Barrett until half way through next year but I'm getting similar vibes to Seibold.

The players look like they're "overcoached" and don't know what they're doing. I've seen people say the players have been taught how to run before they can walk, and that's what it honestly looks like to me (maybe that's better long term, but Barrett only has 1 and a half years before there will be too much pressure on him, you need to be getting some kind of results, even if it's a win here and there, even the eye test is dreadful).

I don't want to be hearing there's "no quick fix" ever again, because that's F'ing BS and we've had 4 years now to plan for 2022 (and really it should of been 2021, I already pushed the goal post for the club once already).

It's also up to Barrett to hold up the standards within the team with the non negotiables, e.g. effort areas, sticking to the game plan, holding the ball.

I still think we're only a quality hooker and prop (at least) away from having a competitive roster at full strength (it's a roster I like) next year and it's unacceptable if we're unable to acquire these players at this point.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it ain't fixed after this year a lot of people need to be held accountable who're still at the club (I mean ruthless sackings, have we already done that?).

There is literally no reason why we can't have a competitive roster for 2022 and I'll give Barrett until half way through next year but I'm getting similar vibes to Seibold.

The players look like they're "overcoached" and don't know what they're doing. I've seen people say the players have been taught how to run before they can walk, and that's what it honestly looks like to me (maybe that's better long term, but Barrett only has 1 and a half years before there will be too much pressure on him, you need to be getting some kind of results, even if it's a win here and there, even the eye test is dreadful).

I don't want to be hearing there's "no quick fix" ever again, because that's F'ing BS and we've had 4 years now to plan for 2022 (and really it should of been 2021, I already pushed the goal post for the club once already).

It's also up to Barrett to hold up the standards within the team with the non negotiables, e.g. effort areas, sticking to the game plan, holding the ball.

I still think we're only a quality hooker and prop (at least) away from having a competitive roster at full strength (it's a roster I like) next year and it's unacceptable if we're unable to acquire these players at this point.
Yep, very well put.
He really should of simplified their game in the off-season. I would of been concentrating on ruck speed and letting them play what’s in front of them at first, then I would of slowly introduced the Barrett style of attack as the year went on. For example I think Flanagan is overthinking what he has to do instead of playing on instinct. Perfect example, I’m yet to see him put a grubber in behind the line in the in goal area on the last tackle for a repeat set. Instead we have guys like Cotric doing it and kicking it dead lol.