Nick Meaney - 2018 Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I love all the blokes in here saying “he’s only a good NSW Cup Player, thanks Dean Pay”. Do you guys even watch footy objectively? His FIRST NRL GAME, and people have a verdict over how his entire career will pan out. He’s made all the main rep sides in his junior career, can kick goals and has great pace. He will continue to grow as a first grader, but fuck me dead, give the kid time to grow and let him play more than 80 minutes of first grade footy before you make your verdict on him.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not getting man of the match on debut = average first grader another shit signing

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting used to first grade takes more than one game, Hayne dodged him but thats to be expected.
Had a couple of solid runs but won't replace big bad Hoppa down back next year unless he gets some attitood.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a guy earlier in this thread and I think he summed up Meaney's performance tonight pretty well. I've quoted him below and his comments.

Fullbacks available at the time we signed Meaney:
Caleb Aekins - Very Good
Patrick Herbert - Very Good
Tyrone Phillips - May not want to return here.
Tyrone Roberts-Davis - try scoring machine for Burleigh.
Michael Carroll - up and coming gun fullback playing for Blackhawks. Defensive gun.

Our recruitment missed out on the prized signatures of:
Brayden McGrady (gone to Panthers next season), and a gun fullback.
Corey Allan (gone to Souths for next 3 season), and a gun fullback. Touted as the next Darius Boyd.
Its easy to say we should of got this kid we should of got that kid. How do we know that we didnt inquire and they just simply said no we want to stay where we are. Just cause there off contract doesnt necessarily mean they are willing to move to a club thats going through what we are.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same usual Muppets passing judgement after 30 seconds of play.. I'm surprised none of you are NRL scouts..

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather have Mbye?

Mbye was reportedly on 900k and played a handful of decent games for us over many years during his tenure here. Meaney will be on an absolute pittance. We're at the start of a multi year rebuild.

I just dont understand how our fans ignore the big picture and demand we sign thurstons left and right. The absolute ignorance in here knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s see how he goes next year. He’s young and can’t be judged on his first NRL game. He can only get better after a full offseason in top grade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Willing to give the kid time. But I wasn't overly impressed last night. Wether or not it's because he was hesitant or it was the game plan, Watson seemed to position himself at fullback a lot in attacking raids, whilst Meaney sat back and watched.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Willing to give the kid time. But I wasn't overly impressed last night. Wether or not it's because he was hesitant or it was the game plan, Watson seemed to position himself at fullback a lot in attacking raids, whilst Meaney sat back and watched.
Think he was being protected a little. Wanted the ball a fair bit but they overlooked him. Apart from him building himself up a bit and working on his defence, I think this kid will be good for us. Looks like he may be a good attacking fullback. Like to see how fast he is. 1st game good debut. So many negs on this site not sure why people knock players when there so young. On ya mate rip in for the dogs

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For his 1st grade debut he went OK, definitely needs to put the beef on and if he puts the hours in I hope he makes the fullback position his, he's the only one who can make a name for himself, time will tell, you either want to be a 1st grade league player or you don't.
I wish the guy all the best as from next season he's a bulldog.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put some muscle on him and spend all preseason teaching him how to defend properly.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why not start him on the wing? Hoppa shits on him in every facet except speed

So

Use this guys speed on the wing to finish tries

Crichton is fast so put him on other wing

Smith centre

Buy another defensive centre like in the mound of Linnett

Status
Not open for further replies.