Next years centres

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I doubt Xerri is coming here to play Reggie's. He will be starting centre round 1 for mine. Club was always gonna have to make a call on alamoti or averillo and I'm not too fussed either way, as long as we keep one.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My consensus on Alamoti thus far is he doesn’t have the ceiling to be a top centre or someone we let go that sets the world on fire. Though I will say some of the criticism on him is bizarre he is young just don’t think at this level he has a long term place to develop in our centres. You won’t see Alamoti in a top 4 side playing finals footy anytime soon and there’s where we’re aiming to be. Good luck to him if he goes as a doggies junior he has a home here in the future.

In regards to Averillo if his being offered 450k under Bennet he likely will go though unlike Alamoti who knows what he will conquer in his career. Realistically for his career alongside a coach like Bennet it’s a no brainer his pace is precious improvement in other areas of his game and you have a top player. Will see how he rounds up the year but if I was in charge I would be very hesitant to watch him go.

Suppose it all lies on the success of Xerri if that flops will be Gus’ first real fuck up. On paper it’s an improved backline with a wing spot up for grab as I think Kiraz is of better use at centre.

1. Critta
2. Wilson
3. Xerri
4. Kiraz
5. Fox

Hope Wilson gets some more game time and ideally the introduction of Skelton hear his name daily yet there’s something holding him back.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cronk would keep Alamoti over Averillo due to more upside which is the way I see it.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only one with the moronic opinion is you ya fucking donkey. Literally complaining about a fast player running fast and scoring tries, fucking idiot.
My condolences. I really hoped we'd re-sign him :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All they have to do is not come out in cheerleaders skirts and it's an improvement

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ethan Quai Ward is without a doubt the slowest outside back in the comp. Depth player. It’s Xerris spot for the taking
He was wearing some strapping, but i still might be quicker. Still better than what we had

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Skelton in his 15 mins showed his potential. Will be interesting to see what happens to him. If he can fix his defensive issues I don't see how we can't give him a spot

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC has some thinking to do before next week Fox would have enjoyed watching the game with the angry man souffs number 6

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kautogo was terrific yesterday, ran great lines, hit holes at speed and showed good footwork and pace to beat their centre 1v1 numerous times. Also looks solid enough with a lowish centre of gravity so could handle to middle for sure
Kautoga has been very good all year & has been not been talked about much this year. He reminds me a bit of TPJ. He's a keeper, hopefully gets a taste if FG this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well I could see what we had before was crap, so obviously not
Obviously not if you thought EQW was am upgrade. He's terrible, just take the L and move on.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton in his 15 mins showed his potential. Will be interesting to see what happens to him. If he can fix his defensive issues I don't see how we can't give him a spot
Please what defensive issues? This is an absolute myth. Hes no worse than all the other centre options in defence.

His attack is 1000000% netter than all other centre options combined. And as you said he showed that. He moves so fucking well for a big guy its amazing.

He starts every week if im coach. He will create and score so many more points than he will let in. Plus he will put fear and stress into the opposition. CC is an idiot. You gotta use all your top talent at all times. He is one.

@ASSASSIN back a brother up! Lol (not that this dude is a hater or anything haha but just cause why not!)

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Please what defensive issues? This is an absolute myth. Hes no worse than all the other centre options in defence.

His attack is 1000000% netter than all other centre options combined. And as you said he showed that. He moves so fucking well for a big guy its amazing.

He starts every week if im coach. He will create and score so many more points than he will let in. Plus he will put fear and stress into the opposition. CC is an idiot. You gotta use all your top talent at all times. He is one.

@ASSASSIN back a brother up! Lol (not that this dude is a hater or anything haha but just cause why not!)
You clearly haven't seen his defensive reads in nsw cup. He just needs to work on it. He's only been playing league just over a year ago. Coming from a rugby 7 background where defense is non existent its something that's going to take time

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

His "bad defence" is over exaggerated badly.

Coming from a 7s background you can't blame him. He has improved as the season has gone. Early in his career with us, he had trouble reading plays but he is getting the hang of it.

As much as I love the Fox, his defence is worse than Skeltons.

I was calling all year for a Kiraz/Skelton wing, big plus is they can switch positions on the fly to confuse defence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You clearly haven't seen his defensive reads in nsw cup. He just needs to work on it. He's only been playing league just over a year ago. Coming from a rugby 7 background where defense is non existent its something that's going to take time
Basically posted the same thing lol

I think always having him 18th man is helping him read plays.