Next years centres

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pele, Kautoga and Hopoi and played well yesterday in reggies. Pele will be in the team this week, wouldn't surprise me if the other 2 get a run soon too
I just want Waddell, TPJ and Okunbur to be dropped. They offer sweet f/a to the side.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have plenty of backs signed now. We all know, its forwards we need and will target now
Yes plenty of backs is true and a couple of meter eating big boppers up front are also needed. However I’m assuming that Gus/CC are banking on either Rajab or KO being our HB going forward. That position is the one current glaring gap in our spine. IMO Burton is just not a HB…..unless Hunt or Trindall are waiting to be announced.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well they were already allowed to negotiate with other clubs, we are just encouraging it now lol

You'd think they would both pull their fingers out to try a con another contract somewhere else.
Alamonti in particular looked "defeated" by the looks.

Someone said majority off contract have been told there's no contract for them here...and they are playing like it too.

Other teams have those players in same situation trying harder to earn a contract elsewhere (at least it seems that way).

Big difference in attitude from our glorious past these days.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alomoti isn’t showing enough for me. Can see him being let go

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well they were already allowed to negotiate with other clubs, we are just encouraging it now lol

You'd think they would both pull their fingers out to try a con another contract somewhere else.
Maybe we can snag a decent mid year swap before june 30

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll take that
What on earth is the obsession with Skelton ?
He’s bog average , questionable hands and a liability in Defense and that’s in NSW cup .

For the record , we’ve had a well performed NSW cup side for a few years now but the step up to first grade is a bridge too far for some .

Last few years , the kennel were blowing loads over alamoti and a dozen games into his NRL career we’re ready to ship him out the club . Repeat above with KarlO with only handful of games

Forget the quick fix .

Slowly the building blocks are put in place to ensure success at the top level .

Trust the process and have faith in the decisions .

Simple fact of the matter , there’s talent coming through but that are asked or going to be asked to play in a team that is sub standard and has weaknesses .

In a stronger team , you could probably try a Skelton but putting him in this side now would be a disaster

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Alamonti in particular looked "defeated" by the looks.

Someone said majority off contract have been told there's no contract for them here...and they are playing like it too.

Other teams have those players in same situation trying harder to earn a contract elsewhere (at least it seems that way).

Big difference in attitude from our glorious past these days.
Telling players to negotiate with other clubs (test the market) then come back to us for a decision is a healthy way of re-contracting the needed players, this has been happening forever,
How individual players react separates the worthy from the not so worthy !

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Skelton was any hope for next year he’d at least be getting a look in now ahead of guys like Casey and Wilson
I reckon it’s more a time and experience thing. They want him to have a full season of league under his belt.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Telling players to negotiate with other clubs (test the market) then come back to us for a decision is a healthy way of re-contracting the needed players, this has been happening forever,
How individual players react separates the worthy from the not so worthy !
Yeah I'm not a big fan of going about it that way.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those that keep banging out about xerri in for a rude shock i think hell take 1-2 years in reggies to get close to his best