New coach

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a salary cap for coaching staff or a max amount you can offer a coach?
Pretty sure it doesn't, why our club should offer big money now as money talks these days

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The lure of Flanagan is gone now imo. The appeal was there if we could have nabbed his son, B.Brailey and the now banned Xerri. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it would seem we dodged a bullet
I'd take flanagan in a heartbeat

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is there a salary cap for coaching staff or a max amount you can offer a coach?
There's no max amount for a coach. There is a cap for coaching staff but it's a soft cap. If you exceed the cap, you have to pay a percentage on the dollar for what you go over the cap by as a tax.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don’t know...
We should of chased Holbrook harder or had a dash at McGuire or O’Brien.
Hook may be ok.
I think Barrett would of learnt a lot from the Manly outcome. He’s doing wonders with Penrith’s attack. It’s a risk though...

I just don’t know... all I know is for the first time in a long time I’m worried about our club’s future. Not lost games, not spoon, but our actual future and if we are bleeding money now and if the relocation talk starts again. We need very smart people to take over this club!
Maguire was interviewed. Took a look at the books and the cap situation and was out of the room like Forrest Gump

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dymock. Kevin Moore or stick with Pay if want Belmore boy. Griffin if you want an outsider. No way not ever for Bellamy or Bennett.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It isn't the coach, it's the players. I don't even think you can blame the players either because we have this roster due to our previous board. We will not win another game until Hopoate is back. Elliott out now too for at least 4-6 weeks if shoulder dislocated.
Mate come up with something new, same dribble from you every week. Are you saying Pay coaches well tonight? What about bringing Holland on and seeing him struggle but left him at dummy half? You have no idea and should get off Pays dick!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not getting Cotric for 500k.
Not getting JAC for 400k.
Not getting Grant for 500k.
Not getting Fifita for 1m (unless we offer more than three years which is counter productive).
No one is signing under Pay! Can’t you see we keep missing out on players? Find a new song to sing you one trick pony!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No one is signing under Pay! Can’t you see we keep missing out on players? Find a new song to sing you one trick pony!
Thompson? We have to offer more money that's it.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me it has to be Griffin. I think the club's first choice was probably Bellamy or Bennett but that's not going to happen for 2021. I have a feeling they were banking on Bennett getting out of his contract early and coming in 2021 but once that all became public Bennett quashed it. Bennett could happen in 2022 but what do we do for next year.

I really don't think keeping Pay on for another year is an option otherwise they would have announced it already. I think our club now has go to plan B and go with a "second tier" coach and give them control over recruitment, coaching staff , roster retention etc and I think the best available candidate is Anthony Griffin. Our club needs someone of his experience who has built and rebuilt rosters and is a bit of a hard ass by all reports. Our club needs a reset button pushed and the players need to be told some home truths, some players need to be moved on and the squad needs a major overhaul and a new modern style of play adapted and again I think Griffin can do that. He has had success at the Broncos and the Panthers and I think he could definitely have success with us. Like I said, he probably isn't our "dream" choice but is the best choice of what is available. My concern is that the Warriors might beat us to the punch and appoint him before our board pulls their finger out. For me, Pay needs to be sacked, Griffin appointed for 2 or 3 years, to take over immediately for the rest of this year and at least give him a fighting chance to recruit some reasonable and much needed talent for next year

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look honesty if we make these signings will make the 8.
Alex Johnston $350000
Nick cotric $500000
Jackson Hastings $350000
Josh ado Carr $400000
Harry grant. $500000
fafita: 1million
Coach: Wayne Bennett (the only coach that will bring him or Kevin Walters)
Those players would want double thatnto come here..

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id have a crack at barret responsible for the attack at penrith this year attack minded and a defence minded assistant plus barrett have good intel who to raid at the rith so we dont end up with the dud brother ie christian critchon
Even wokka ryan the old prick could coach better from his nursing home then our smuck

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson signed because of Bupa you daft prick! Like I said you are a one trick pony!
That's a load of shit. If you believe that your head is gone.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1.anthony griffin - maybe
2.geoff Toovey - yes
3.jimmy Dymick - soft no.
4.brad Fittler - fuck no.
5.trent Barrett - maybe
6.kevin Walters - yes
Assistant coach:
Michael ennis
Million dollar coach:
Greg Bellamy
Of your list Toovey or Walters i reckon.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me it has to be Griffin. I think the club's first choice was probably Bellamy or Bennett but that's not going to happen for 2021. I have a feeling they were banking on Bennett getting out of his contract early and coming in 2021 but once that all became public Bennett quashed it. Bennett could happen in 2022 but what do we do for next year.

I really don't think keeping Pay on for another year is an option otherwise they would have announced it already. I think our club now has go to plan B and go with a "second tier" coach and give them control over recruitment, coaching staff , roster retention etc and I think the best available candidate is Anthony Griffin. Our club needs someone of his experience who has built and rebuilt rosters and is a bit of a hard ass by all reports. Our club needs a reset button pushed and the players need to be told some home truths, some players need to be moved on and the squad needs a major overhaul and a new modern style of play adapted and again I think Griffin can do that. He has had success at the Broncos and the Panthers and I think he could definitely have success with us. Like I said, he probably isn't our "dream" choice but is the best choice of what is available. My concern is that the Warriors might beat us to the punch and appoint him before our board pulls their finger out. For me, Pay needs to be sacked, Griffin appointed for 2 or 3 years, to take over immediately for the rest of this year and at least give him a fighting chance to recruit some reasonable and much needed talent for next year
Griffin will have worked with alot of the promising Panthers youngsters, could be a good way to recruit a few of them.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmorly? Cronk? Ennis? Why not Thurston they'd be decent coaches I reckon