New Bulldogs Website look

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank god pay is flogging them,back to the old days where we were a fit team,no more fatties

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don’t know what it looked like then but a website built 10 years ago wouldn’t even work today. This website is a more mobile friendly website than the last which is better for the majority
You're not telling me anything I don't know dude, I studied website design. You see back in 2009 give or take, EVERY NRL club had their website taken over by Telstra. It had something to do with the sponsorship agreement - who knows what. Every NRL club had a website that looks the same, the only thing that was different was the content and colours, but the same boring template was used. I remember I was able to login to my bigpond account from the Bulldogs website. Prior to that though, every team managed their own site, and the Bulldogs outsourced their's to Eastgate Multimedia. Josh and Aaron, the 2 brothers, did an awesome job. The moved our website from a static html-based site, to one that employed a lot of flash-based objects. Even fans of other teams were envious of it. I reckon to this day that website is still better than the crap we have now. At least Aaron is now directly employed by the club and it's evident in some of the things you see (the face pictures fans hold on game day of some players are his own pieces of work)!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're not telling me anything I don't know dude, I studied website design. You see back in 2009 give or take, EVERY NRL club had their website taken over by Telstra. It had something to do with the sponsorship agreement - who knows what. Every NRL club had a website that looks the same, the only thing that was different was the content and colours, but the same boring template was used. I remember I was able to login to my bigpond account from the Bulldogs website. Prior to that though, every team managed their own site, and the Bulldogs outsourced their's to Eastgate Multimedia. Josh and Aaron, the 2 brothers, did an awesome job. The moved our website from a static html-based site, to one that employed a lot of flash-based objects. Even fans of other teams were envious of it. I reckon to this day that website is still better than the crap we have now. At least Aaron is now directly employed by the club and it's evident in some of the things you see (the face pictures fans hold on game day of some players are his own pieces of work)!
No way could it be better, especially with Flash!!! Geeez lol. There’s a reason it has/is been/being killed off.

Better for the club to outsource website management and keep content creation in-house. We just need to wait for it to be put together properly... only a matter of time.....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No way could it be better, especially with Flash!!! Geeez lol. There’s a reason it has/is been/being killed off.

Better for the club to outsource website management and keep content creation in-house. We just need to wait for it to be put together properly... only a matter of time.....
Mate, Flash will never be killed of. It's implemented on so many levels that the biggest websites use. YouTube and Facebook are too example. They used .flv formats for their videos, which is all flash based.

I think what you're referring to is Javascript that's not used as much.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate, Flash will never be killed of. It's implemented on so many levels that the biggest websites use. YouTube and Facebook are too example. They used .flv formats for their videos, which is all flash based.

I think what you're referring to is Javascript that's not used as much.
Flash will and is being killed off as we speak. Facebook and YouTube dont use flash and have already switched over ages ago to the superior HTML5

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
History section has gone missing ..sent an email to club ..
“The history section of the Bulldogs website is currently under construction, we are looking at improving your experience when reading about our history.”

Status
Not open for further replies.