New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay wants club to focus on developing talent to rebuild its culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enter best tackler in the business after the axe.....Hetherington
And could sweep the ball off the ground and rocket it onto a chest 15m away
hard hitter, really tough and backed up the runners a lot

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm over fucken rebuilds, it's been over a fucken decade since the last gf win, that's not bulldogs. Next year we win the grand final or we sack dean pay. I don't care. Fuck you.
Um kind of this way on thinking maybe not this extreme lol.

But I expect us to be top 8 bare minimum just for the fact we are the Bulldogs.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Des neglected our juniors and it cost us. Pay has a great history working with young kids. The rebuild starts not with stats but with hard work and a football brain. Des coaches like he is playing supercoach.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you serious??? Cleeland was absolute class this year. Scored a head of tries, and was in the team of the week six times from memory, and was named best 5/8 in ISP.
Cleeland is a good 5/8 don't get me wrong, can create anything from anywhere but Lewis is yards ahead of him in terms of maturity at the age of 22. Cleeland will get walked all over in the NRL, Luke Brooks style.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So who is -
More important- our recruitment officer-

Mulholland and Hugh's sounds like a big loss.

We need a scout with great eye to lure in future stars

If he is talking about development...then who is the talent scout?

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cleeland is a good 5/8 don't get me wrong, can create anything from anywhere but Lewis is yards ahead of him in terms of maturity at the age of 22. Cleeland will get walked all over in the NRL, Luke Brooks style.
Did not impress in the final-

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cleeland or Lewis? I think Cleeland went missing and Lewis stood up when it mattered which is signs of a true leader.
Lewis--- if we r talking about the halfback- I personally thought he was the worst player on the field.

My opinion.

It was a very des like performance though- frustrating to watch

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really dont get why anyone thinks we are in such a bad place. Sure we had a shit year, but its not because we have a shit team. We just had a stubborn as fuck coach who wouldnt deviate from his robotic style of play, playing certain players out of position and refusing to promote players that were in good form or drop players that weren't.
Im expecting nothing less then top 8 next year, and im even confident we can get close to top 4. We will be a completely different club next year.
I totally agree we arent as far off as people think,just a better game plan,fitter and more tight nit group and well be back then the following year a few upgrades look out

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm very excited to see what pay will accomplish hopefully we can have a goal kicker as well lol..........

OH AND FUCK YOU DES

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye is a shit house half...cannot believe pay is even remotely considering it.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I'd take Lee over Hoppa though, just needs tackling practice, who better than Hetherington.
There's not enough tackling practise out there to help this kid , he needs to be possessed by Jackson when he's in the defensive line

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like his idea of using the natural abilities of players to determine their positions, rather than force them into positions they're not suited to.

Reactions: GDR

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brain damage i was getting to a stage id curse when we were playing. The mrs would ask why i wasn't watching then id go on a long winded rant that involved fuck des **** not watching this shit........ect
It got that bad, all I could do was laugh. You know, when something's so fucked, you can hardly believe it's happening ?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes priest is 28 but came from Mounties not panthers

Raiders identified him as talent , gave him chance to train with first grade in pre season then developed him from there

Not a junior in your typical "young" sense
But raiders watch all the junior and local league games and pick from there too
Every year they offer 5-6 guys chances of training for a contract

Des hasn't done that , hasn't bothered with local or juniors at all

Expect Dean to do alot more of that

If a big name doesn't put in at training / on the field Dean wont be scared to drop them for a no name
Any examples of actual juniors all your options getting torn apart

Status
Not open for further replies.