Negotiations update

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder what everyone thinks of jake Granville,he’s available,still has a few years left in him,and would come at half the price,of others mentioned on here,
He’s regressed since 2015. Has to be better options than him surely.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
just looking at the last 4 posters we have nearly 50 years combined membership (without a Premiership)
D-Voice 2008
Wahesh 2007
MoNkEy 2007
Rainman 2008

well done lads

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thsi feels so distant I just can't see that being the case anymore.
We haven't won a comp since 2004 and even then it was on the back of cheating
2015 is probably the year the spiral started which is 5 years now but he club is still extremely sellable.

The Bulldog brand has plenty of international interest and respect and because of that once we are winning again the cash we flow in.

It is just a matter of time before we are that club that just go out and grab a premiership winning coach like Hasler because we can.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant imagine a kid from Rockhampton would love the melbourne weather!! Surely he would prefer the slightly milder winters in sydney???

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to get JAC (as a fullback) and move Hopa on but we'd be very short for centres next year if we did. I asked about JAC and was hoping to hear that we're interested but the guy I talk to was told apparently (I presume by Andrew Hill) simply that JAC was asking for too much money. I read a post on here by someone else that Barrett is talking to JAC. I hope that's correct and maybe Hill and the guy I know aren't aware of that yet. My contact has known Barrett also for a few years but doesn't exactly speak to him every day (especially at the moment while Barrett is pretty busy with the Panthers).

I wish we could swap DWZ for JAC but Bellamy isn't that stupid. Even Reimis could go but there would be a big money difference. Bellamy could be interested in Okunbor after he ran over Cameron Smith twice in that game a couple of years ago but I think Okunbor is ahead of both Reimis and DWZ now and we should probably keep him. Give them both Remis and DWZ and bring in either Crichton or Katoa on the other wing.

1 JAC
2 Okunbor
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Katoa / Chrichton
6 Averillo
7 Flanagan
Surely we could get JAC...I mean don't forget we have able 15 players coming off contract at the end of 2021 so surely we will be able to get rid of alot of dead wood...he would make a huge difference to our team

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno. Every Kyle I knew always used to get picked on and beat up by bullies. @Nasheed care to weigh in here?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Brandon Smith and would love for us to sign him but his constant head knocks and broken jaws/bones in his face etc are a worry. He seems to miss a lot of games every season.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Jake Averillo
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Nick Cotric
4. William Hopoate
5. Jayden Okunbor/Reimis Smith
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan
8. Luke Thompson
9. Harry Grant/Brandon Smith
10. Jack Hetherington
11. Josh Jackson
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Adam Elliott

14. Matt Doorey/Jeremy Marshall-King
15. Renouf To'omaga/Ofahiki Ogden
16. Dylan Napa
17. Corey Waddell/Joe Stimson

If we were able to assemble this team for 2021/2022 that'd be fire. That's practically a 10 year spine. It's all going to come down to whether we can secure one of those two hookers for me. We will have some cash when we move Napa and DWZ on. Hopoate and Jackson ageing too. Some decent kids coming through with Topine, Schoupp and Seumanutafa to name a few. Also hopefully some more under that.
What about Lachlan Lewis... as ball boy!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Kyle Flanagan is virtually a done deal for us. Roosters are also going to contribute 100K a season for the rest of his contract. Unsure exactly what he's on but he has incentives in his current contract (ie: if he plays a certain amount of NRL games)

Laundrys (Arthur and Craig) are still in deep discussion with the mother / family of Matt Burton (further talks planned for next week) but unlikely to come to us until 2022.

Harry Grant still interested in us (but only if C Smith plays on so he leaves the Storm). Club still might go for B.Smith if he decides to leave the Storm. Grant is contracted until end of 2022 I believe.

We baulked at JAC's asking price apparently so we're not in the game for him unfortunately.

Sounding more likely Craig Laundy will run for the board in 2022 as an independent.
"Sounds like Kyle Flanagan is virtually a done deal for us. Roosters are also going to contribute 100K a season for the rest of his contract".

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sounds like Kyle Flanagan is virtually a done deal for us. Roosters are also going to contribute 100K a season for the rest of his contract. Unsure exactly what he's on but he has incentives in his current contract (ie: if he plays a certain amount of NRL games)

Laundrys (Arthur and Craig) are still in deep discussion with the mother / family of Matt Burton (further talks planned for next week) but unlikely to come to us until 2022.

Harry Grant still interested in us (but only if C Smith plays on so he leaves the Storm). Club still might go for B.Smith if he decides to leave the Storm. Grant is contracted until end of 2022 I believe.

We baulked at JAC's asking price apparently so we're not in the game for him unfortunately.

Sounding more likely Craig Laundy will run for the board in 2022 as an independent.
nasheed coppied your oil bruz on flannigan.