NBN rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How much is their unlimited plan?
Telstra don't have unlimited plans. 200/500/1000GB iirc.

Fibre to the building I think what it is.
Would this be a better option than 25/5 nbn plan?
Fibre is fibre mate. There's three fifths of f all difference in the technologies (despite what people jump up and down and whinge and say about it) because the reality is that unless your fibre goes DIRECTLY to the Exchange, you will ALWAYS bottleneck at the weakest link.

We have 1:1 contended fibre connected in both our offices. Cost us $2k a site to get trenched in, then about $700 a month (off top of head) for access. At present it's 20/20, but all I need do is call up and pay extra a month and we can go up to 1000/1000 if we really wanted to.

FTTB is only applicable to multi-story dwellings, not standalone homes.

What plan you are after is an NBN Broadband plan. 25/5 is fine. Because whilst you could go 100/25 or whateer, if the service is heavily congested it won't matter because it'll drop to the slowest speed possible.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So i get connected to nbn the other day. All excited thinking would get supersonic speeds that could blow shit up .
Nup fucking rubbish slower than hokk in open space. Why do i have to pay for a service thats gayer than the previous service. Anyone else have gay internerd services ?
Everyone I know who has it is having the same issues. Slow as all buggery. You can thank Turnbull and the Abbot government for that. Not only is it much slower than Labor's original NBN but it's also a lot more expensive to develop even though it was meant to be cheaper.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of No Bloody Networking!!

and this is why I love my cable system... 35+ Mbits of piss off quick speed without the congestion factor.

Is it slow all the time or just during set periods? You'll probably find it's congested as fuck due to being school holidays and kids on the internet or Netflix binging.
It's funny that. When I used to have cable a long time back it was great offpeak but during peak periods it would slow to a crawl due to the congestion. Now days everyone is on ADSL or NBN so the cable connection my father in law has is bloody fast.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Even numerous people I know on FTTH have issues with slowness. It's the infrastructure around the fibres that's the issue.

Effectively by giving everyone 100Mbit and not upgrading back haul links it will always bottleneck .. it's just a matter of where.

Both ALP and LNP to blame.
ALP for starting a doomed project from the start.
LNP for not pulling the pin.

They should have looked into either expanding cable network or using 3g/4g technology so people could have fast internet anywhere.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So the NBN unlimited 25Mbps plan for 80 bucks a month is basically the best bet?

Or the NBN unlimited 100Mbps plan for 100 bucks?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So the NBN unlimited 25Mbps plan for 80 bucks a month is basically the best bet? Or the NBN unlimited 100Mbps plan for 100 bucks?
All depends.

TPG
25/5/Unlimited $80 per month.
100/40/Unlimited $100 per month.

iiNet
25/5/1TB(1000GB) $80 per month.
100/40/1TB(1000GB) $110 per month.

Telstra
??/??/1TB(1000GB) $99 per month

Exetel & Dodo - similar pricing.

Just ensure you get an NBN Phone Bundle, because in your situation you most definitely want a decent stable RELIABLE given you'll be waiting on "that call" sometime soon!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All depends.

TPG
25/5/Unlimited $80 per month.
100/40/Unlimited $100 per month.

iiNet
25/5/1TB(1000GB) $80 per month.
100/40/1TB(1000GB) $110 per month.

Telstra
??/??/1TB(1000GB) $99 per month

Exetel & Dodo - similar pricing.

Just ensure you get an NBN Phone Bundle, because in your situation you most definitely want a decent stable RELIABLE given you'll be waiting on "that call" sometime soon!
You're right about "that call" lol

Thanks for the info Mr Gadget lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even numerous people I know on FTTH have issues with slowness. It's the infrastructure around the fibres that's the issue.

Effectively by giving everyone 100Mbit and not upgrading back haul links it will always bottleneck .. it's just a matter of where.

Both ALP and LNP to blame.
ALP for starting a doomed project from the start.
LNP for not pulling the pin.

They should have looked into either expanding cable network or using 3g/4g technology so people could have fast internet anywhere.
I Remember having both alp and lnp at different stages in my shop (years ago ) holding press conferences for the media about nbn they had the minister of communications ( or some shit whatever the ***** title was ) he asked my thoughts i said whats it matter all you ***** are full of shit .
That didn't make the news that night it was cut for some reason .

Status
Not open for further replies.