Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Warriors don’t think he’s worth it, inconsistent and unreliable.
Whereas Meninga and Walters think Napa is worth picking for SOO.
In comparison we have your opinion, somehow I value their opinions more than yours.

Go Dogs
Weak argument.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are we now better off with our cap now with Klem gone and Napa here or are we cap neutral?

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are we now better off with our cap now with Klem gone and Napa here or are we cap neutral?
I suspect he’ll still have his own car spot at the judiciary

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok you obviously feel passionate about this which i respect. But firstly,let me say that we had to buy another front rower to fill the Klemmer hole, that's just basic mathematics. And secondly I believe Napa will mature under Pay's guidance.
I'm not sure how old you are or if you ever remember watching Dean Pay play,but if you did you may have a better understanding of what he's trying to do. Last year was a tough debut year for him as he had a team of misfits left over from HAsler..He said straight away he s going to bring back the "old school mentality,dogs of war attitude and he will, but he was never going to be able to do that with a team he had never put together himself...So he's rebuilding a team with an attitude similar to he's aggressive style..he'll sit down with guys like Napa and explain exactly what he wants.
Go on youtube and watch the higlights of the 1995 GF against Manly look at how aggressive that team was then..watch Pay run the ball up...
And lastly, SJ would be a waste of money imo? We have Lewis whos is a rising star,Cogger with big wraps...And Foran will be there mentor as he wont last a full year.
No we didn't need to replace Klemmer, we have more than enough talent at the club and pissing away for cap into a prop in our current situation is just a poor investment abd lacks ambition. How about the so called coaching staff do their fucking job and coach and develop them? Klemmer or no Klemmer makes no real difference to our relevancy, same as Napa.

I also couldn't care less about what Pay did as a player, i only care about his coaching and i don't rate him at all. He looks more like a rep coach and looks to lack the depth needed to be a fulltime NRL coach imo. It's also a different era of rugby league, what once worked doesn't work as well today and so on.

How is SJ a waste of money? The bloke literally addresses our biggest issue and that's our inability to generate points. SJ is arguably the most purely creative player in the game and would give us what we actually need unlike a bloody prop. Footwork, pace, flair, instincts, etc...This is what we lack in the side, a player that can just run and step to create opportunities for us.

Foran is fuckinf trash, mentor my arse. Worst signing in our clubs history, just fucking pathetic. The sooner we terminate his deal the better.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So relying on thecdemostrable opinions of 3 professional NRL coaching teams is weak compared to your opinion. I’m sorry but I don’t share your high self appraisal.

Go Dogs
And Woods outranks Napa yet most couldn't be happier to see the back of him.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way some ppl here talked about how napa would improve under pay almost convince me that robinson is a shit coach. Lol

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Put simply. Fuck off Klemmer, you didn't want to play for your beloved Bulldogs,and welcome Napa who wants to have a go with us. I reckon Napa will do more for us than Klem will do for the Knights. We have not had any mongrel in our forward pack for over 15 years. He will lift the team and play with passion. I dont give a fuck if he gets suspended here and there for pushing the limits. Cmon dogs 9f war 2019 !!!

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is going to get called a plodder the microsecond he doesn't play as godlike as the massive expectations appear to be around here on him.

I really hope I'm wrong, but this signing really was all about making sure the fans didn't riot.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No we didn't need to replace Klemmer, we have more than enough talent at the club and pissing away for cap into a prop in our current situation is just a poor investment abd lacks ambition. How about the so called coaching staff do their fucking job and coach and develop them? Klemmer or no Klemmer makes no real difference to our relevancy, same as Napa.

I also couldn't care less about what Pay did as a player, i only care about his coaching and i don't rate him at all. He looks more like a rep coach and looks to lack the depth needed to be a fulltime NRL coach imo. It's also a different era of rugby league, what once worked doesn't work as well today and so on.

How is SJ a waste of money? The bloke literally addresses our biggest issue and that's our inability to generate points. SJ is arguably the most purely creative player in the game and would give us what we actually need unlike a bloody prop. Footwork, pace, flair, instincts, etc...This is what we lack in the side, a player that can just run and step to create opportunities for us.

Foran is fuckinf trash, mentor my arse. Worst signing in our clubs history, just fucking pathetic. The sooner we terminate his deal the better.

Its a yes from me...re shaun Johnson

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some people are rabbiting on about Napa and his judiciary attendances. He has ONE attendance. The "hit" on Korbin Simms, didn't result in a charge.
He was given three weeks for his hit on McCullough. So his record isnt as bad as some would have you believe.
I find it difficult to understand the hatred for certain people. Napa, Foran, Pay, etc. Just stupidity.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nice try at a deflection, poor debating technique.

Go Dogs
No it's not. You're claiming Napa is great because he played SOO and other coaches selected him. Woods outranks him, so following your logic that means Woods is better? A Premiership winning coach is also happy to let Napa go, does this not also devalue Napa following your logic?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I think it would be a risky move not replacing Klemmer if I'm honest as it puts us in danger of relying too much on untested youth. It's a double edged sword as if they succeed it's wonderful, but if they don't you've ruined their chances of making 1st grade. Having a more experienced head that can shoulder the workload and lead from the front definitely seems like the right way to hedge your bets.

Not taking into account that perhaps Pay has a certain way he wants to play, and Napa maybe mirrors what he's trying to do? All coaches have profiles of players they want, it's as simple as that. Coaching and developing players is all great and well, but at the same time a coach has a certain profile of player he wants to play for him.

To expect a coach, especially such an inexperienced coach as Pay, to walk into a team of players that had been underperforming for quite some time with many at the backend of their careers and were ALL bought by someone who wasn't of Bulldog blood is ... silly.

Sorry, not having a dig at you but your views on this really do seem unrealistic to the extreme.

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dylan Napa joins the Bulldogs on a three year deal

26 year-old Queensland representative prop Dylan Napa has agreed to join the Bulldogs on a three year deal.

The talented and hard running forward, who actually made his NRL debut against the Bulldogs back in 2013, will add a steely edge to a pack that has already been bolstered by the additions of Corey Harawira-Naera and Sauaso 'Jesse' Sue.

Napa, made 122 appearances for the Roosters in his six seasons at the club, including being part of last season's Premiership winning side.

Napa, will join the Bulldogs immediately, replacing David Klemmer who has been released.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted at being able to secure a forward of Napa's ability:

"Dylan, has played on the biggest stages and experienced success at Origin and Grand Final level and we are confident that he can bring that uncompromising and winning mentality to the Bulldogs.

Dylan, will also add extra steel to what is already shaping to be an outstanding group of forwards."

Head Coach Dean Pay was also looking forward to what Napa will bring to the Bulldogs :

"Signing someone of Dylan's toughness and ability is a major coup for the club. We really feel that we have got a high calibre footballer who will be a great addition to both our pack and our playing group as a whole."

Andrew Hill also thanked David Klemmer for his contribution to the Bulldogs :

"I would like to thank David for his time at the Bulldogs. He played his first NRL match for the club in 2013 and ended up making 113 appearances, in addition to his representative honours. We have always said to David that we wanted him to stay at the club, but ultimately he and his family have made a decision around needing a change of environment."

It has been a complex and challenging situation which we have tried to manage in the best interests of both parties.

We now wish David and his family all the best in the next stage of his life."
I remember that game a few years ago when Napa flattened Kasiano with a shoulder charge. He took on the whole Dogs pack that night and Klem seemed to whimp out Missing In Action. Klem always makes leg drive metres yes but he never had a real offload, no second phase play, wasn't aggressive in defence. No-one is scared of running at him. He isn't worth 800K. We should have bought Blake Ferguson before the Eels. He would have killed 2 birds with 1 stone - fast outside back as we desperately need AND a metre eater just slightly behind Klem in stats.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put simply. Fuck off Klemmer, you didn't want to play for your beloved Bulldogs,and welcome Napa who wants to have a go with us. I reckon Napa will do more for us than Klem will do for the Knights. We have not had any mongrel in our forward pack for over 15 years. He will lift the team and play with passion. I dont give a fuck if he gets suspended here and there for pushing the limits. Cmon dogs 9f war 2019 !!!
15 years is about right. Need Napa to be OMeley 2.0

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This has always given me the shits about our fans. We all talk about the club bending over but the last couple of years our fans have payed for the privilege to belittle themselves and our club by cheering ex dogs players just because they feel the player was hard done by in some way by the club or the ex player in question was a fan favorite of theirs. If they run out against our team wearing the oppositions jersey they are the enemy and should be jeered and booed not pandered too.
Players leaving when off contract is different to when they seek out mid contract. Klemmer can lick my ball sack now. Whatever his alleged personal reasons for leaving are, he walked mid contract for more money as far as it goes for me. He was only ever aggressive in rep games, so it doesn't upset me that he is gone.

Why do people keep replying to trolls on here, stop feeding people like nabsolutely fabulous biggest fuckwit troll on here loll
I don't see his posts anymore. The ignore button is my friend. I'm guessing he's not overly happy that Klemmer has been replaced by a player he doesn't masturbate over.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it would be a risky move not replacing Klemmer if I'm honest as it puts us in danger of relying too much on untested youth. It's a double edged sword as if they succeed it's wonderful, but if they don't you've ruined their chances of making 1st grade. Having a more experienced head that can shoulder the workload and lead from the front definitely seems like the right way to hedge your bets.

Not taking into account that perhaps Pay has a certain way he wants to play, and Napa maybe mirrors what he's trying to do? All coaches have profiles of players they want, it's as simple as that. Coaching and developing players is all great and well, but at the same time a coach has a certain profile of player he wants to play for him.

To expect a coach, especially such an inexperienced coach as Pay, to walk into a team of players that had been underperforming for quite some time with many at the backend of their careers and were ALL bought by someone who wasn't of Bulldog blood is ... silly.

Sorry, not having a dig at you but your views on this really do seem unrealistic to the extreme.
Obviously it's risky, but it shows ambition that the club currently lacks. It's the safe play to try and keep some fans happy by keeping up appearances and signing a so called rep player. A prop was simply not required.