Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This has always given me the shits about our fans. We all talk about the club bending over but the last couple of years our fans have payed for the privilege to belittle themselves and our club by cheering ex dogs players just because they feel the player was hard done by in some way by the club or the ex player in question was a fan favorite of theirs. If they run out against our team wearing the oppositions jersey they are the enemy and should be jeered and booed not pandered too.
Couldn't agree more. All Ennis had to do was walk over and clap his hands toward the fans and they were cheering for an opposition player. Leaves me shaking my head.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really. Tolman needs to offer more or he can piss off, the workload needs to be spread and you can't just rely on a few individuals.
Reliable in defense but tired in attack, its good for him to have a pass in his game.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Napa doesn't fit anything. The blokes reckless and pulls off some spectacular hits because of it, that's it. You talk about mobile forwards yet Napa clearly isn't one. Average ball carrier, no footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability, etc.

I genuinely couldn't care less that he's a so called big hitter or his aggressive, that's hardly a high priority in my eyes given our current situation. Defence is also attitude, technique and fitness these days and a lot of that is coached and developed within the culture at the club.

SJ has just come out and said he is leaving the Warriors, this bloke should be our priority target. If us pissing away money on a prop that we hardly needed prevents us from putting forward a strong offer for him then the club is just taking the fucking piss.
And how do we do that with both Foran and Lewis still on the books for 2020?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa doesn't fit anything. The blokes reckless and pulls off some spectacular hits because of it, that's it. You talk about mobile forwards yet Napa clearly isn't one. Average ball carrier, no footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability, etc.

I genuinely couldn't care less that he's a so called big hitter or his aggressive, that's hardly a high priority in my eyes given our current situation. Defence is also attitude, technique and fitness these days and a lot of that is coached and developed within the culture at the club.

SJ has just come out and said he is leaving the Warriors, this bloke should be our priority target. If us pissing away money on a prop that we hardly needed prevents us from putting forward a strong offer for him then the club is just taking the fucking piss.
Should have made a play for Lino imo Knights got a good one there

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Marley's a blow ass he just likes getting under people's skins, but his rugby league knowledge is quite sound. But no one likes a know it all :grinning:
Marley's a stunningly shrewd poster, as a matter of fact he has never once been wrong about anything ever (Source: Marley).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And how do we do that with both Foran and Lewis still on the books for 2020?
Who gives a shit about Foran, SJ over Napa puts us in a strong position.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should have made a play for Lino imo Knights got a good one there
Yes for sure, he fits the mould of the type of player we need and would've been worth the risk. Instead we got Cogger...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can't appreciate that shit, you aren't a true RL fan. One of the best hitters in the game

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was most of that done before the shoulder charge rule came in? He'd be out for about 10 years based on that highlight reel :grinning:
A lot of it was yes, but you can still here the whistle blow after most of the hits. Don’t forget roosters play like the storm, happy to give penalties away to slow the opposition momentum at crucial times.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Umm the Salary cap that foran has a 1 million dollar contract in? SJ will be wanting close to the same. You gonna have a team with two million dollar halves that are both unwanted by every other club?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's gonna miss 5 games from suspension and another 1 or 2 from origin. for fuck sake[/QUOTE
Hope he does play SOO. It will mean he's playing good for us cause the toads have plenty of good fowards.

Just hope Pay can teach him to play with controlled aggression. Got dropped to the Roosters bench last year and now he's our leading our middle forwards - big step up! Should mean Jacko moves to lock now. We need him in tight, and we've got better edge runners anyway.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should try and pick up kotoni staggs at the broncs while all that coaching shit is going on. Bloke would be a good centre
oath.. future Blue for sure... very impressive in limited FG appearances

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
For me its a like for like swap, and Napa would be fractionally cheaper than Klemmer. Its not a big loss or improvement. Im ok that we got a good forward to replace one. I think we are ok for next year, and fk all else is around to sign now anyway. The biggest ? in the side is not who we can get in, it is Foran. If he goes great, we will. If he doesnt, we will have some decent coin for a new half for 2020 when we pay him out off the cap and release him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll have to rethink my hatred of Napa now. I disliked him after an article he spoke in early after his debut saying he enjoyed hurting opposition players. But his signature will definitely add some aggression to our pack. It's been a while since our forwards put fear into our opponents, so if Napa brings his aggression to inspire some toughness to our pack I'll ultimately be able to appreciate that if not his early statement about wanting to hurt opponents.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score

Ok you obviously feel passionate about this which i respect. But firstly,let me say that we had to buy another front rower to fill the Klemmer hole, that's just basic mathematics. And secondly I believe Napa will mature under Pay's guidance.
I'm not sure how old you are or if you ever remember watching Dean Pay play,but if you did you may have a better understanding of what he's trying to do. Last year was a tough debut year for him as he had a team of misfits left over from HAsler..He said straight away he s going to bring back the "old school mentality,dogs of war attitude and he will, but he was never going to be able to do that with a team he had never put together himself...So he's rebuilding a team with an attitude similar to he's aggressive style..he'll sit down with guys like Napa and explain exactly what he wants.
Go on youtube and watch the higlights of the 1995 GF against Manly look at how aggressive that team was then..watch Pay run the ball up...
And lastly, SJ would be a waste of money imo? We have Lewis whos is a rising star,Cogger with big wraps...And Foran will be there mentor as he wont last a full year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Warriors don’t think he’s worth it, too inconsistent and unreliable even for them.
Whereas Meninga and Walters think Napa is worth picking for SOO.
In comparison we have your opinion, for some strange reason I value their opinions more than yours.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Umm the Salary cap that foran has a 1 million dollar contract in? SJ will be wanting close to the same. You gonna have a team with two million dollar halves that are both unwanted by every other club?
SJ unwanted by every club? Lol k.