Fox Sports 2. Replay is on Friday 1 am.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ben Roberts keeps hitting the post with his goal kicking.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Roberts is playing great. I dont understand the claims that he's playing like he wants out

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts two solo trys, always looked dangerous just can't kick goals for **** lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree. Roberts was excellent.

I could see our N.S.W Cup team remaining undefeated for the whole season.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
*awaits for the person who criticized Roberts performance over the weekend*

(BulldogStar)

You see i'm no snitch, but highlight just above and find your answer.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so many players in the NSW cup with first grade experience.. it's nuts. with the depth we have we should definatly make the semis in both comps? how do the under 20s go?

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
so many players in the NSW cup with first grade experience.. it's nuts. with the depth we have we should definatly make the semis in both comps? how do the under 20s go?
So sad this competition is buried in favour of under 20s. I'd turn up early for games if these guys had a run befor first grade.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
*awaits for the person who criticized Roberts performance over the weekend*

(BulldogStar)

You see i'm no snitch, but highlight just above and find your answer.
He played ok in a NSW cup team. If you actually read what i said, i said he did some good things and some bad things. I said he wasnt a stand out and i absolutely stand by that.

If you read my updates on the game you will see i also praised him at times.

He wasnt great by any means. This team should dominate and they were lucky to come away with the win.

One of his tries was pure skill.. the other was off a messy sharks fumble he dived on.

Did they show the intercept he threw in great attacking opportunity? Or the ball he dropped flat out for another good opportunity?His kicking game wasnt great either.

I stand 110% by what i said, he was ok.. but for his skill level he was only ok for a NSW Cup Game.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
He played ok in a NSW cup team. If you actually read what i said, i said he did some good things and some bad things. I said he wasnt a stand out and i absolutely stand by that.

If you read my updates on the game you will see i also praised him at times.

He wasnt great by any means. This team should dominate and they were lucky to come away with the win.

One of his tries was pure skill.. the other was off a messy sharks fumble he dived on.

Did they show the intercept he threw in great attacking opportunity? Or the ball he dropped flat out for another good opportunity?His kicking game wasnt great either.

I stand 110% by what i said, he was ok.. but for his skill level he was only ok for a NSW Cup Game.
That's fine ...

My only issue with the Roberts Discussion thread was, and this isn't necessary just pointed at you

But when I said "looks as though his not interested, which is a shame" based on the reports on the game (which you and others who actually went too, full credit there !!)

But when I said that, no one objected ... however after watching the game Roberts clearly is playing interested and is putting his best foot forward to make FG again IMO

But at the end of the day its all a matter of opinion so its all good :grinning:

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's fine ...

My only issue with the Roberts Discussion thread was, and this isn't necessary just pointed at you

But when I said "looks as though his not interested, which is a shame" based on the reports on the game (which you and others who actually went too, full credit there !!)

But when I said that, no one objected ... however after watching the game Roberts clearly is playing interested and is putting his best foot forward to make FG again IMO

But at the end of the day its all a matter of opinion so its all good :grinning:
I actually did object here..

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=84549&p=2360983&highlight=#post2360983

I think saying he was excellent is disregarding the difference in quality between the grades and the fact this team and Roberts should dominate beyond what he is doing

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sad this competition is buried in favour of under 20s. I'd turn up early for games if these guys had a run befor first grade.
x2
on game day where possible it should be :

1st game u/20s
2nd game reserve grade (NSW cup perhaps turned into NRL reserve grade cup or something like that)
3rd game NRL first grade

do they play NSW cup on seperate days, in case they need an emergency replacement for first grade??
is the whole deal with u/20s to attract more younger guys into our comp?

NSW cup is very enjoyable to watch as there are a lot of NRL players in the teams... (esp the doggies team :grinning: )

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I actually did object here..

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=84549&p=2360983&highlight=#post2360983

I think saying he was excellent is disregarding the difference in quality between the grades and the fact this team and Roberts should dominate beyond what he is doing
Fair enough, although that was to a claim that he was deliberately throwing the games ... but non the less you did say given the grade difference he should have been better

Which is a fair point given your opinion, in my opinion he played a very good game

Status
Not open for further replies.