Opinion My personal opinion

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Phoenix Crossland from the Knights is still unsigned,he is not a vet but he has impressed me in the few times I have seen him.Seems like a smart player and quick thinker.
If Kodi Nikorima is playing second fiddle to Johnson and Tavita-Harris in 2022 he might be interested in a move and I think he plays more on the right and might be a good fit(not a game manager,but having one guy playing each edge who has some vision would be better than what is here.)
If the Warriors sign Manu to play 5/8 then I'd go after Tavita-Harris in 2023

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My personal Opinion Brooks is shit and not a game manager.
Flanagan and Brooks are at the same level not first grade quality imo.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sleepy dog is speaking in riddles.

This is a done swap deal. Announcement tomorrow
So the Tigers think that they are getting the better part of the deal??? They are delusional because both players are pretty much on par.....sub par with no real ability to lead a team well around the field..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Brooks will be available in the not too distant future

Adam Douhie has the number 6 locked up and will probably be the next captain and the Tigers have signed Jackson Hastings for next year and he is coming back to play halfback so I think Brooks will be on the way out

Is he a good fit for us?....maybe

Is he better than what we have got....definitely

Looking at everything else available ......I'd take him
But,but they need depth because Moses is leaving.....:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
brooks is not leaving the tigers, he is one club man. my mate who played there knows his family quite well, Brooks was offered to go to the storm before last big contract signing, he wanted to stay at the tigers for life.
only way he leaves there is if he is sacked, which wont happen, the players love him.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brooks can't do it at the Tigers and he ain't doing it for us. Reynolds was the player we needed and we missed out. Baz needs to scrap his system and go back to the drawing board.
What is the Baz system? It remains undefined.. that’s part of the problem, we can only hope with actual talent coming next year, he can execute the way he wants to, but he’s done sweet FA to put any real footprint on anything, attack or defence, both poor.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks & Flanagan swap I take it. I think that Flanagan needs an awful lot of coaching to be competent in the new form of the game & Brooks would be better. You never know maybe the Brooks / Burton combination would work well. If htat was our choice we wouldn't have anything to lose.
I would say that’s a perfect fit. They both need a change of scenery too. Flanagan Snr could end up coaching at West Tigers too.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No to the oompa loompa!
Id rather stick with the flange or sign ash taylor cheap or clune.
We do need another centre, braiden burns might worth a punt, also another GOOD backrower is needed.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need an experienced halfback. Its impertative we sign one. Id say we need a halfback more so then a hooker. We have to make a play for either Taylor or Brooks. I'm not the biggest fan of both but I don't see any other experienced halfbacks that are available.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I’d open a topic of discussion around my thinking behind Luke brooks on a bargain deal will be the perfect foil for burton. For burton to excel he needs a 7 than can kick and manage his players nothing special doesn’t need to do anything out of the box. In my opinion I think he’ll suit burton game so much after watching them both closely. What do you guys think [emoji848]

Flanagan and burton swap…. Suits both clubs
We have an opportunity to turn three genuine running halves into three genuine NRL halves followed by a FB who is a perfect distraction for a show and go.

Now im am not saying they are Munster, Hughes and Paps but how much different are they?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think taking on another player that needs work to fix his game is what we need right now. You could just be throwing away more cap space.
I would be working furiously on turning our runners into NRL standard halves... Bellamy turned Hughes and Munster into halves when they looked like FB's and outside backs... Surely Burton, Avo and BBO have the same characteristics if not better?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d really take ash Taylor over anyone else atm. He is still young and word around 250k will get him. Wth not
taylor has really played well the back end of this year, but he is playing 6 and the pressure of him organising a time. He is a not a 7 that we need.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brooks is not NRL standard has never played finals and lacks leadership ability and any sign of the male hormone
Brooks has the most line engagements of any half this year and just laid on 2-3 tries on the weekend

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks can't do it at the Tigers and he ain't doing it for us. Reynolds was the player we needed and we missed out. Baz needs to scrap his system and go back to the drawing board.
Still cant understand why we didnt get Reynolds, best half in any Sydney side

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still cant understand why we didnt get Reynolds, best half in any Sydney side
I don't think he was much of a chance of joining us but we weren't even interested, still had that stupid youth policy at the time.