Opinion My personal opinion

sleepy dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I’d open a topic of discussion around my thinking behind Luke brooks on a bargain deal will be the perfect foil for burton. For burton to excel he needs a 7 than can kick and manage his players nothing special doesn’t need to do anything out of the box. In my opinion I think he’ll suit burton game so much after watching them both closely. What do you guys think [emoji848]

Flanagan and burton swap…. Suits both clubs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I’d open a topic of discussion around my thinking behind Luke brooks on a bargain deal will be the perfect foil for burton. For burton to excel he needs a 7 than can kick and manage his players nothing special doesn’t need to do anything out of the box. In my opinion I think he’ll suit burton game so much after watching them both closely. What do you guys think [emoji848]

no Brooks is a running half.
TB has to change his attacking structure to suit the players he has. If it is Burton and Averillo then he needs to play a similar style to the storm who have 2 running halves, IMO

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah work with flanagan hes young brooks been round for awhile

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're buying a player that has failed at another club in that position, then you're backing your coach and system to be better than the coach/club they came from to get the best out of them and improve them. We are not in that position AT ALL.

Barrett took gambles with players like Allan, Flanagan, Cotric (at center), Waddell and failed miserably on all of them. He also said Atoni and Ogden were untapped talents and he got fuck all out of them either. This is not the club that is going to get anything out of Brooks.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brooks & Flanagan swap I take it. I think that Flanagan needs an awful lot of coaching to be competent in the new form of the game & Brooks would be better. You never know maybe the Brooks / Burton combination would work well. If that was our choice we wouldn't have anything to lose.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brooks is another dud half. I think we just go with 2 running halves (either Averillo or BBO) if we don't have a genuine halfback option (F the system).

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
Phoenix Crossland from the Knights is still unsigned,he is not a vet but he has impressed me in the few times I have seen him.Seems like a smart player and quick thinker.
If Kodi Nikorima is playing second fiddle to Johnson and Tavita-Harris in 2022 he might be interested in a move and I think he plays more on the right and might be a good fit(not a game manager,but having one guy playing each edge who has some vision would be better than what is here.)

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I rate Brooks far higher then what we have. People here have a short memory. In 2018 Luke brooks finished third in the Dally M Comp and took out half back of the year . A change in scenery would be perfect for Brooks and the dogs. Make it happen Sleepy

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think taking on another player that needs work to fix his game is what we need right now. You could just be throwing away more cap space.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would prefer Pearce if available, and if he gets injured BBO.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brookes or Ash Taylor are massive upgrades on anything we have. As long as the money is reasonable I am all for it . I can’t stomach another season of Avo at halfback.
Agree with u a change of scenery would do a world of good for brooks,a good runner of the ball,and certainly better than we currently have,averilo I still think needs another year to learn,or maybe even bring him of the bench to cover a few backline positions.

• Haha
Reactions: jof

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the risk on Brooks if we had an elite fullback. Couldn't carry Brooks and Dufty in the same spine

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Brooks will be available in the not too distant future

Adam Douhie has the number 6 locked up and will probably be the next captain and the Tigers have signed Jackson Hastings for next year and he is coming back to play halfback so I think Brooks will be on the way out

Is he a good fit for us?....maybe

Is he better than what we have got....definitely

Looking at everything else available ......I'd take him