Opinion My hands up, I admit I was wrong, bring him on …

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually think Rajab might be more first grade ready than KO this season. It's a shame he isn't in the top 30. KO will be a star but let's not rush it for the sake of rushing it. He is only 18 and andvkearning valuable lessons this year. The Broncos blooded a lot of blokes early and the result was a few years of pain .
Like to see Rajab given every chance to succeed. Loosing a Top 30 spot to Reynolds must of been disappointing for him but who knows what Gus and Ciro have in mind for his future.

He looks like he has stepped up this year and is controlling the Cup team very well.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rajab isn’t the answer, he’s pretty average

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s 18th man this week so literally next man up

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not defending Flanagan but this is a ridiculous comparison, reserve grade and NRL are totally different levels. Just look at Flanagan's stats from last season in reserve grade, this is from just FOUR games and from memory he was awarded motm in half of them. Totally different levels.

1 try
2 line breaks
6 line break assists
6 try assists
3 forced drop out
That’s true but let’s face it Flanagan fails the eye test as well especially on attack

KO isn’t so much the future he is the right now

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The obvious solution is to put KO on the bench in place of Reynolds. He can cover a few positions and it would
be a good grounding. Reynolds may have passion for the club, but passion is only good if he has the ability as well.
KO is the future and the club would be silly to wait to long.
I dont know if KO is ready for fg but i do know Flanagan has been extremely poor in fg.

Is it better to play KO off the bench in fg for 20 minutes or so or play a full game in reserve grade - which will be better for development?
The problem with playing him off the bench in NRL is he only gets limited minutes whereas in NSW Cup he gets 80 minutes of experience, mental strain and physical hard work playing against grown men, which is exactly what is missing in his resume. He has been given time to excel at every level as he has risen through the ranks, time in NSW Cup is exactly what he needs right now. Patience, Ciraldo and Gould will know when he is ready physically and mentally for NRL level and he will get a go when that time comes.

Always a Bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem with playing him off the bench in NRL is he only gets limited minutes whereas in NSW Cup he gets 80 minutes of experience, mental strain and physical hard work playing against grown men, which is exactly what is missing in his resume. He has been given time to excel at every level as he has risen through the ranks, time in NSW Cup is exactly what he needs right now. Patience, Ciraldo and Gould will know when he is ready physically and mentally for NRL level and he will get a go when that time comes.

Always a Bulldog
Probably right. But experience in the NRL in small stints will be the best learning experience.
Hes playing with NRL grade players, and not NSW Cup.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True story but harsh truths .. flanno probably a great bloke. Try’s hard each game but comes up empty handed, other teams wouldn’t even do research on him in video sessions so each week the targets are Mahoney, burton and Perham.. so he weakens our side.

Flangun? FLANAGOOOOONE end of year

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s true but let’s face it Flanagan fails the eye test as well especially on attack

KO isn’t so much the future he is the right now
It has already been pointed out here, but KO's NSW Cup stats are vastly inferior to Flanagan's Cup stats at the same time last year. Stop putting pressure on the kid. He ain't ready. Needs time to develop.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not defending Flanagan but this is a ridiculous comparison, reserve grade and NRL are totally different levels. Just look at Flanagan's stats from last season in reserve grade, this is from just FOUR games and from memory he was awarded motm in half of them. Totally different levels.

1 try
2 line breaks
6 line break assists
6 try assists
3 forced drop out
I watched 2 of the cup games flanno played is he was by far the worst half on the field. He played exactly like he’s playing now.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has already been pointed out here, but KO's NSW Cup stats are vastly inferior to Flanagan's Cup stats at the same time last year. Stop putting pressure on the kid. He ain't ready. Needs time to develop.
That’s a bit unfair ..

KO hasn’t had the luxury of being coached by …

A premiership winning father
Dual Premiership winning Robinson
Dual Premiership winning Cooper Cronk
Multiple Premiership winning Gus Gould
And soon to be premiership winning Ciraldo ..

KO also hasn’t had the luxury of stepping up and playing in the much harder much faster first grade level for a few years …. Maybe if he did he’d go back and triple his stats against the lower grade players as well …

If KF stats say he kills it in the lower grade, and he can’t get anywhere near those same stats in first grade, what’s that telling you Mr smart guy ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s a bit unfair ..

KO hasn’t had the luxury of being coached by …

A premiership winning father
Dual Premiership winning Robinson
Dual Premiership winning Cooper Cronk
Multiple Premiership winning Gus Gould
And soon to be premiership winning Ciraldo ..

KO also hasn’t had the luxury of stepping up and playing in the much harder much faster first grade level for a few years …. Maybe if he did he’d go back and triple his stats against the lower grade players as well …

If KF stats say he kills it in the lower grade, and he can’t get anywhere near those same stats in first grade, what’s that telling you Mr smart guy ?
FFS, you lay it on even thicker than me....lol.

Ciraldo is not winning a premiership. Not now. Not ever.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That’s all you took away from that whole comment …

Image1681281741.291884.jpg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also quick question [emoji137]‍♂… if Cleary doesn’t walk back into that plum club that Gus, Ciraldo and team rebuilt, and Ciraldo was instead back then offered the top job, you don’t think he’d be a dual premiership winner by now ?