Opinion My hands up, I admit I was wrong, bring him on …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So while old mate Dolphin fan @Flanagun is working on his weekly baiting threads and using some missed tackle stats to have a go at one of the gutsiest busiest number 9’s in the game …

I thought we all might like to move away from helping him get to his usual 6 or 8 pages, by discussing some stats that tell a real story …

I’ve been against Karl Oloapu moving into 1st grade to early, but with some big boppers coming back I think we’re going to have to if we want to crack the 8, and personally I think he deserves his shot ..

This is not a KF bashing thread by the way, it’s just the facts ..

KO’s weekend Stats

117 run metres
3 tackle busts
1 line break assist
26 tackles
135 kick metres

KF Stats

42 run metres
0 tackle busts
0 line break assists
17 tackles
118 kick metres

2023 stats

KO

Played 6 won 5
2 try’s
4 try assists
3 drop outs
1027 total kick metres
171.1 Av kick metres
557 total running metres
92 Average running metres
86% tackle average ..

KF

Played 6 won 3
0 try’s
0 try assists
1 drop out
570 total kick metres
95 Av kick metres
570 total running metres
43 Average running metres
91% tackle average ..

I feel @Flanagun knows it’s just a matter of time so he’s looking to write about other players already to get his baiting fetishes …

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So while old mate Dolphin fan @Flanagun is working on his weekly baiting threads and using some missed tackle stats to have a go at one of the gutsiest busiest number 9’s in the game …

I thought we all might like to move away from helping him get to his usual 6 or 8 pages, by discussing some stats that tell a real story …

I’ve been against Karl Oloapu moving into 1st grade to early, but with some big boppers coming back I think we’re going to have to if we want to crack the 8, and personally I think he deserves his shot ..

KO’s weekend Stats

117 run metres
3 tackle busts
1 line break assist
26 tackles
135 kick metres

KF Stats

42 run metres
0 tackle busts
0 line break assists
17 tackles
118 kick metres

2023 stats

KO

Played 6 won 5
2 try’s
4 try assists
3 drop outs
1027 total kick metres
171.1 Av kick metres
557 total running metres
86% tackle average ..

KF

Played 6 won 3
0 try’s
0 try assists
1 drop out
570 total kick metres
95 Av kick metres
570 total running metres
91% tackle average ..

I feel @Flanagun knows it’s just a matter of time so he’s looking to write about other players already to get his baiting fetishes …
It's still a massive step up in class. But unless there's a drastic lift in the Flanges form he's eventually going to lose his spot. He's obviously worked hard, but he's just not the creative player that's going to spark a premiership run.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The difference here is this thread makes sense and discusses a real weakness in our team ..
Comparing NSW Cup stats to NRL premiership stats… yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

If you don’t think a hooker who can’t run and misses 10 tackles in a single game is a problem, there’s no hope for ya, sonny boy!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

KO’s weekend Stats

117 run metres
3 tackle busts
1 line break assist
26 tackles
135 kick metres

KF Stats

42 run metres
0 tackle busts
0 line break assists
17 tackles
118 kick metres

2023 stats

KO

Played 6 won 5
2 try’s
4 try assists
3 drop outs
1027 total kick metres
171.1 Av kick metres
557 total running metres
86% tackle average ..

KF

Played 6 won 3
0 try’s
0 try assists
1 drop out
570 total kick metres
95 Av kick metres
570 total running metres
91% tackle average ..

So 557 running metres in 6 games is a average of 92metres pg
But 570 running metres is only 43 average metres pg?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we keep KO in NSW cup and keep the confidence sky high.. The more he waits and keeps striving for that call up the better for the clubs long term goals. Both halves are awesome in Tangatoas team and deserve to push for a premiership there in 2023. Perhaps if injury was to happen to Kyle or Burto.. you are forced to promote otherwise I would rather allow Kyle Flanagan to tackle his heart out and work on Burto and Haze to develop their combinations with the forwards and backline.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd like to see KO get some short 15min stints on the field before he plays the full 80mins.
That’s what I’m thinking, have him as interchange with Reynolds he could play the last 20 minutes of each half. He could well be devastating.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option 1 - a big kid who is a potential superstar in the making
Option 2 - a big kid between the ears who has proven time and time again he has nothing and even after repeated warnings is still incapable of producing

Time to go with hope instead of no hope.

Literally no-one can be worse than Flano

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

KO’s weekend Stats

117 run metres
3 tackle busts
1 line break assist
26 tackles
135 kick metres

KF Stats

42 run metres
0 tackle busts
0 line break assists
17 tackles
118 kick metres

2023 stats

KO

Played 6 won 5
2 try’s
4 try assists
3 drop outs
1027 total kick metres
171.1 Av kick metres
557 total running metres
86% tackle average ..

KF

Played 6 won 3
0 try’s
0 try assists
1 drop out
570 total kick metres
95 Av kick metres
570 total running metres
91% tackle average ..

Thanks for the stats, hoping KO keeps improving and fine tuning. Hoping Flanno helps the Dogs to a cracking win this weekend.