My 2016 post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2016 what a year NOT

This might be long but hear me out. My last long thread of the year and what a place to do it but the kennel.

The year starts off well with us smashing the up and comers manly and all the supporters are in high spirits. Could this be our year? Are we to premature? Then we win the next week. Not as convincing but hey 2 points is 2 points. Then this is the last time we saw 1st spot lol. Win lose win lose bla bla bla everyone knows the season is a roller coaster ride. SOO wasn't so bad to us this year and we got through ok. If it wasn't for that period with 4 wins in a row we wouldn't be in the 8. But hey that's history. We are now going to be 7th as I don't see cows losing against Titans and most likely play panthers 1st week of finals.

Let me tell you guys if the game is close then we will get nipped at the end of the game and lose. If not Panthers will come out second half and just rip us a new asshole. Phil on Chanel 9 the dribbler was secretly laughing inside knowing his teams first clash will be an easy defeat.

Now we move onto our elusive coach. How in anyone's right mind could not see the writing on the wall in the 2012 grand final is beyond me. I walked out of the game thinking to myself how were we so dominating during the year to get our pants pulled at the last hurdle. Well one word will explain this. BELLAMY... Yes you heard it a true coach who knows how to coach. Who evolves... Yes they cheated previous years and people are mentioning the big 3 bla bla bla but who cares; how do they turn up each year and give the premiership a real shake. I'll tell you how. The coach loves the club and loves the players. Sharks same thing (this year) the coach went through all the drug issues and stuck with the team and begged to be reinstated. Brad author at parra got offered double the money elsewhere and stayed because why? he loves the club.

Halser is a myth and let me explain. 2012 his new innovation of forwards dominating shocked all the clubs and the run around play with barba almost always got us points; Barba in blistering form was another big part also. Then grand final day and the same play over and over and over again didn't prevail. What do we do. Yes you guessed it. The same play over and over and over and over. Melbourne shut us down all the time and won the comp. now tell me why wasn't there a plan b? Why did we keep doing the same crap over and over and over again and failed? HASLER....

Since 2012 we have finished bottom 4 of the top 8. At least that is consistent.. Doesn't matter who we have any position we do not seem to shift gears and put teams to the sword. Newcastle pulled our pants down in 2013 and we were knocked out first week of the finals by a so called over aged team who got belted the following week mind you. 2014 we finished 7th I think and made grand final only because our side of the draw was playing teams who were plagued with injury and then souths showed us what it's like to play decent footy. 2015 and 16 are pretty much identical... Licha as hooker doesn't help our case but that isn't the only issue. We are shot and lost. And I think the players are also realising it's not working and our flat attack and boring structure is so outdated that this year the lower interchange rule finally showed its true colours.

I have stated my feelings repeatedly on this forum and love being here. We all know the problems and so does everyone else who follows rugby league. Our coach has all the say when it comes to footy on the field and is given everything he has ever asked from the club. We look fat, slow and lost and a lot of the times boring. If that's what the club calls success then we are truly one stupid club run by one stupid CEO. Like for the love of god what ceo comes out and says winning a premiership isn't the top priority? Really idiot? Might as well run out with fairy dresses and dance around the field then play if that's the case.

Anyway my rant is almost over. If des doesn't change his stubborn mentally and make changes for next week in positions and also structure then he can be shown the door. We are the Bulldogs, not the leagues club not the players not the CEO. us fans are the club and if they think they can take us all for a ride then they are wrong; we have had enough and mediocre is not good enough anymore. Des you have had 5 years to bring a premiership and yet we look to be getting worse every year;
So in the nicest way possible.... FUK OFF back to manly and thank you for all the fails you have brought to the club you imposter.

Ps I hope I eat my words and we get on a run and win the premiership but that's as lucky as me wining the Fuken lotto and not even playing it. Good luck boys I'll be secretly hoping for a miracle but expect defeat. Oh and again fuk off des you spastic.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs are gonski for 2016 and considering we haven't signed anyone we'll be gonski in 2017.
Our board need to pull their finger out and remove the ceo and the coach from the club.
It feels as though Des is doing this on purpose. Maybe he wants out.

Reactions: DT

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Beautifully said and i agree with you 100%. Robbie fowler and i have said the same thing for years and apparently we were thought of as idiots.
I just want pride back into our club, anf to do that, the first step is to sack Hasler...

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he talks, the way he coaches, the way he pulls those head phones on and off throughout games, those diabolical press conferences but ultimately those results!
Sorry Des, you lost me after 2012 but I kept hanging in there in the hope things would get better.
I am now officially anti Des and believe the club does need to sack you before this cancer eats through the foundations further.
Give Dymock or Cleary a crack, bloody hell I could coach them better than Hasler I reckon.

Anyone who coaches Tolman to consistently and continually take the ball on the 4th or 5th tackle in attacking positions of the field (as rare as us being in attacking positions are) is having a laugh.

Come on Des, the jokes up.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
well written and accurate .. I'm depressed

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have let footy get me down now for years. As i said we go to the games to have a laugh.
that's the only thing I miss of giving up my membership, the friends I made in the surrounding seats .. but I still keep in touch with some of them

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have let footy get me down now for years. As i said we go to the games to have a laugh.
U still can have a laugh but dont need to be positive about a negative era under des hasler, its not hard to see.
He is not good for our club. Good op btw.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The way he talks, the way he coaches, the way he pulls those head phones on and off throughout games, those diabolical press conferences but ultimately those results!
Sorry Des, you lost me after 2012 but I kept hanging in there in the hope things would get better.
I am now officially anti Des and believe the club does need to sack you before this cancer eats through the foundations further.
Give Dymock or Cleary a crack, bloody hell I could coach them better than Hasler I reckon.

Anyone who coaches Tolman to consistently and continually take the ball on the 4th or 5th tackle in attacking positions of the field (as rare as us being in attacking positions are) is having a laugh.

Come on Des, the jokes up.
Up to the 2nd half of this season I rated Tolman.
But christ his form has been diabolical the 2nd half.
The game against Cowboys in Townsville being the worst.
I know he was gassed but his performance that game was pathetic.
As you say he hinders our attack.
He can tackle.
But his inability to get over the advantage line with his hit ups just puts more pressure on a team that can't handle it.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up to the 2nd half of this season I rated Tolman.
But christ his form has been diabolical the 2nd half.
The game against Cowboys in Townsville being the worst.
I know he was gassed but his performance that game was pathetic.
As you say he hinders our attack.
He can tackle.
But his inability to get over the advantage line with his hit ups just puts more pressure on a team that can't handle it.
Agree 100%. During the games this year I just explode every time he touches the ball when we are attacking. Tackle Tolman, great, but please do not touch the ball if we happen to fumble our way into an oppositions territory.
Last night someone made a break and we were throwing the ball around then Tolman gets it and hits the ground straight away, end of play and momentum...pleaseeeeeee, it's embarrassing

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
You know
All year i have been waiting for something to happen
The more i watch the more i wonder from who ?
I love the bulldogs and its been heart breaking watching week in week out ...
I share everyone heres heartbreak every game ...
Looking back at the last few weeks we have had a tough assignment.
Cowboys dragons newcastle manly broncos Cowboys souths
We got the goodies against dragons newcastle manly...
But even in those games we really didn'tset the world on fire in attack...
So where does our attack come from ... like you mentioned tolman taking the ball up on 4th or fifth tackle isnt really threatening the line neither is mbye or reynolds being tackled on 4th or 5th
We have a flat attack with zero game plan in opposition 30 ... and by flat i mean it in the literal sense ... thats ok for teams with jt or cronk or a half that can deliver in traffic ... but our halves can't... their flat passing is terrible at the line ... im forever sick and tired of watching our centers double back to pick the ball up off the ground or at worst get smashed when they recieve it ...
Not only that we dont have any support options either !!!
Hopper is no where to be seen in attacking plays on their line ...
Our forwards are delivering passes that our halves cant ...
Maybe in the semi they will get some depth to their attack ... or maybe they won't...
I cant see the entire blame resting on des though ...
When they train flat attack works because their is no offence ...
The halves need to have the brain and maturity to set the attack either flat deep or support play runs ...
Our forwards are doing an amazing job just keeping us in the game ... but its our 9 7 6 and 1 that should be winning us the games ...
Go back to the 80s 90s lamb and mortimer gearin ...
I remember a set play that started on the opposition 10meter line that had our winger on the halfway ... but those plays we called during the game by our halves ...
Whose calling what ?
Frustrated to say the least !!!
Anyway im rambling on because im just annoyed ... but i will stay a true dog for life ... win lose or draw ...
All i can say is bring back the biff !
And commend our forwards for the amazing job their doing ... Hopefully we can sign keiran for next year ... or even someone with a real halves mentality ...
Lets not beat up des ... look at the roster...
If they can't deliver ... piss them off
The coach dosent pass the ball 20 meters backwards to josh morris on game day neither does he give stupid penalties away in attacking positions of the field ... actually he doesn't lose the ball when playing it either...
Its not just des' game plan that sucks ... its the execution that lets us all down

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all and des on radio today made me even more mad then what I was. His obviously not gona say he has Fuked up but seriously we all know next week will be the same shit and we will finally be put out of our misery

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle pulled our pants down in 2013 and we were knocked out first week of the finals by a so called over aged team who got belted the following week mind you.
Good post, but just an edit, Newcastle went onto beat the storm and then got flogged by the Roosters in the GF qualifier.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good post. Could have summarised in a couple curse words directed towards the coach, board and recruitment officer

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I am concerned about Des - he is smart - so I find it difficult to believe he is confused or out of his depth. And surely being stubborn out of pride is not better than winning games.

This leads me to a disturbing idea that he does not like the Club. Maybe something has happened and he just does not have his heart in delivering glory for us.

How do you watch the same strategy not work for years? How do you have the slowest players who are not sharp or have a good step be our attacking pivots; Graham and Tolman?

How do you let Licha pass so slowly - a week at training passing off the ground surely would sort that out!

How do you let game after game happen and starve your best attacking players to not get the ball? Eg BMoz and Rona?

How can a coach appear to behave like an enemy? It is so strange and to be honest, I would rather assume he has realised he has made big mistakes but won't admit it while he begins to change things behind the scenes.

And patterns should make you dig deeper. Why are completion rates low too often? Unskilled forwards, increased pressure from defence because we are predictable and fatigue from defending so much - the downward spiral that ensures we are gassed for the final 20 - it is not rocket science so watching a coach and captain appearing in denial is mental torture for us fans who deserve better.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know
All year i have been waiting for something to happen
The more i watch the more i wonder from who ?
I love the bulldogs and its been heart breaking watching week in week out ...
I share everyone heres heartbreak every game ...
Looking back at the last few weeks we have had a tough assignment.
Cowboys dragons newcastle manly broncos Cowboys souths
We got the goodies against dragons newcastle manly...
But even in those games we really didn'tset the world on fire in attack...
So where does our attack come from ... like you mentioned tolman taking the ball up on 4th or fifth tackle isnt really threatening the line neither is mbye or reynolds being tackled on 4th or 5th
We have a flat attack with zero game plan in opposition 30 ... and by flat i mean it in the literal sense ... thats ok for teams with jt or cronk or a half that can deliver in traffic ... but our halves can't... their flat passing is terrible at the line ... im forever sick and tired of watching our centers double back to pick the ball up off the ground or at worst get smashed when they recieve it ...
Not only that we dont have any support options either !!!
Hopper is no where to be seen in attacking plays on their line ...
Our forwards are delivering passes that our halves cant ...
Maybe in the semi they will get some depth to their attack ... or maybe they won't...
I cant see the entire blame resting on des though ...
When they train flat attack works because their is no offence ...
The halves need to have the brain and maturity to set the attack either flat deep or support play runs ...
Our forwards are doing an amazing job just keeping us in the game ... but its our 9 7 6 and 1 that should be winning us the games ...
Go back to the 80s 90s lamb and mortimer gearin ...
I remember a set play that started on the opposition 10meter line that had our winger on the halfway ... but those plays we called during the game by our halves ...
Whose calling what ?
Frustrated to say the least !!!
Anyway im rambling on because im just annoyed ... but i will stay a true dog for life ... win lose or draw ...
All i can say is bring back the biff !
And commend our forwards for the amazing job their doing ... Hopefully we can sign keiran for next year ... or even someone with a real halves mentality ...
Lets not beat up des ... look at the roster...
If they can't deliver ... piss them off
The coach dosent pass the ball 20 meters backwards to josh morris on game day neither does he give stupid penalties away in attacking positions of the field ... actually he doesn't lose the ball when playing it either...
Its not just des' game plan that sucks ... its the execution that lets us all down
Well considered and written post. I think you've summed up what we all feel; and the future does indeed look bleak. Unless the squad are let off their leash, or they learn to play the basics and build on that, the season will leave us all deflated and questioning our loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.