Opinion Must Haves 2021

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You'd be silly to shed Jack Cogger, he won't cost much, and I'm not expecting him to be a starter, but he does provide depth and competence on the field, which is what you want when injuries occur.
cogger is in talks with the tigers at the moment.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ plays one good game in every 10 and Bird is injury ridden. Papalii would be nice!
Brandon Smith would be a dream signing so im doubtful he will join us :(

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
cogger is in talks with the tigers at the moment.
I hope he doesn't go there he'd be stupid as they'd fuck him around just as much as us. If I was him I'd try go to the Dragons. At the Dragons he would do really well, Jacks a team player and plays into the line. Would force Dufty to play straighter and, would also help in getting Lomax so clean ball.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't go there he'd be stupid as they'd fuck him around just as much as us. If I was him I'd try go to the Dragons. At the Dragons he would do really well, Jacks a team player and plays into the line. Would force Dufty to play straighter and, would also help in getting Lomax so clean ball.
he is looking at what his best options are at the moment. It is a shame we have already re-signed lewis, he would be the first to go imo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
he is looking at what his best options are at the moment. It is a shame we have already re-signed lewis, he would be the first to go imo
Neither should be one of our starting halves anyways. Overall between the two the difference in ability is negligible imo.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We already have 2 running halves - Avo and BBO (not sure if BBO is also an organizing half but he definitely has a running game)
Lewis is not a half FULL STOP, out of the three Wakeham BBO and Cogger, I would play Cogger for the rest of the year and start him in 2021, Both Wakeham and BBO may become super stars but they both need time, that is the reason why I would resign Cogger for at least another year.
Hopefully one of the three together with Averillo will give our club the equal of any half's combination in the comp.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did not read a word after you claimed they would get rid of one of the top 3 forwards in the game Papali because the injury prone Ryan James signed wtf

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I know he’s still off contract but he knocked back a knights offer because he wants to stay with us. Trying to earn a new contract
This is correct.
I think that Knights offer will be withdrawn if they resign Green.
He hasn't earnt a new contract yet so maybe he's panicking a bit.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is correct.
I think that Knights offer will be withdrawn if they resign Green.
He hasn't earnt a new contract yet so maybe he's panicking a bit.
he is only talking to the tigers at present unless the dogs offer him a deal.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much for the war chest new look side, we are going to need more than Barret to transform things.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not read a word after you claimed they would get rid of one of the top 3 forwards in the game Papali because the injury prone Ryan James signed wtf
Read! Never did I say they we’re getting rid of him.The Bulldogs offered Papalii in excess of $900k he knocked it back. The Broncos have offered $1mil. Played all his junior footy in Brisbane;if the Broncos can move more dead money, they’ll make an another play for him.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these suggestions are pretty atrocious with the exception of McInnes. Would just about let him write his own contract to get him here.

Papalii would be a luxury but there’s no chance he’d leave the Raiders anytime soon.

A premium 7 and/or 9 has to be the main target.
Atrocious has been our recruitment & retention for 2021:-
Thompson $900k “The best prop in the world!!!!” Not even the best prop at Bulldogs right now....
Cotric $600k winger wanting to play centre
Elliott even at $450k (current year’s salary), combined with Jackson on minimum $650k, DWZ $600k at this stage is atrocious value fur money, with the likes of Doorey & Topine in the ranks & waiting for a chance......

Our $3m “war chest” is fast becoming a shoestring budget.. with no 1,6,7 or 9 of note.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Atrocious has been our recruitment & retention for 2021:-
Thompson $900k “The best prop in the world!!!!” Not even the best prop at Bulldogs right now....
Cotric $600k winger wanting to play centre
Elliott even at $450k (current year’s salary), combined with Jackson on minimum $650k, DWZ $600k at this stage is atrocious value fur money, with the likes of Doorey & Topine in the ranks & waiting for a chance......
Elliott's the best value for money out of everyone you've named.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott's the best value for money out of everyone you've named.
Dawg, Elliott at 450 is really good value. He's a 600 player on the open market.

We just need a couple of cut price buys/retentions like that and we can splash at a marquee hooker