Opinion Must Haves 2021

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) A middle forward leader:- with the Raiders signing Ryan James I believe Josh Papalii is on the move. Good meter eater & is what our front lacks, he runs with conviction.

2) Glaring weakness for seasons now. We have young Ryan Gray coming through but he’s probably 2 seasons off NRL. It is imperative we pursue Cameron McInnes. He’s in a similar position at the Dragons as he was at Souths having to share the hooking role with Cook , I& Farrar, only to find himself up against Isaac Luke & Ben Hunt for the hooking role..... he’ll have no such issue at the Bulldogs & instantly turn us into top 8 side.

3) Jack Bird on the proviso that he is well and truly recovered from his shocking injuries shoulder knee & sternum & his RA is in check, could turn out to be a shrewd acquisition. He can play anywhere on the backline & backrow.
Could develop into a Wade Graham. Provided he’s fully fit.

4) Curtis Scott provided he’s successful in his court hearing would take a punt on him. Tough uncompromising- & has built a good combination with Cotric.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of these suggestions are pretty atrocious with the exception of McInnes. Would just about let him write his own contract to get him here.

Papalii would be a luxury but there’s no chance he’d leave the Raiders anytime soon.

A premium 7 and/or 9 has to be the main target.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of these suggestions are pretty atrocious with the exception of McInnes. Would just about let him write his own contract to get him here.

Papalii would be a luxury but there’s no chance he’d leave the Raiders anytime soon.

Burton/Smith/Mclean

That should settle it I reckon. Burton and Smith, 2 kids with plenty of proven potential and Mclean, probably the easiest and best ex-rep forward we can get and could even work a Stimson swap.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton and smith would be ideal but we also need another big body up front... Thomson isn’t the answer he isn’t big enough. Don’t know who is kff contract next year who we can chase but we really need someone who can get the rest of the pack on the front foot like a papali

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres enough moaning on here about forans injurys and lack of game time, why sign another busted half(bird)?
We need footy players, no more dumb athletes.
We dont know how to win, even when the team gets to it, they dont know how to finish off.
1. Burton
2. Mc innesss
3. Tpj
4. Sailor
5. Asiata

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Papalii won’t be at the Raiders 2021, knocked backed a massive offer from the Titans, expect the Broncos to make a play for him.

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres enough moaning on here about forans injurys and lack of game time, why sign another busted half(bird)?
We dont know how to win, even when the team gets to it, they dont know how to finish off.
1. Burton
2. Mc innesss
3. Tpj
4. Sailor
5. Asiata
Other than Burton, none of the players you list are currently in winning cultures...

No more dumb athletes? Yet you list TPJ.

I did preface if he’s medically cleared of his his injuries difference between Bird & Foran is age (5 years) he’s won a grand final is an international & has played SOO. Can play every position in the backline & the backrow.

Sailor???? Can’t get a start at the Dragons watched him last season in NSW Cup rocks & diamonds nothing special, biggest note to fame is he’s Wendell’s son.

Asiata would be a great buy. Plenty clubs lining up though great utility player.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
1) A middle forward leader:- with the Raiders signing Ryan James I believe Josh Papalii is on the move. Good meter eater & is what our front lacks, he runs with conviction.

2) Glaring weakness for seasons now. We have young Ryan Gray coming through but he’s probably 2 seasons off NRL. It is imperative we pursue Cameron McInnes. He’s in a similar position at the Dragons as he was at Souths having to share the hooking role with Cook , I& Farrar, only to find himself up against Isaac Luke & Ben Hunt for the hooking role..... he’ll have no such issue at the Bulldogs & instantly turn us into top 8 side.

3) Jack Bird on the proviso that he is well and truly recovered from his shocking injuries shoulder knee & sternum & his RA is in check, could turn out to be a shrewd acquisition. He can play anywhere on the backline & backrow.

4) Curtis Scott provided he’s successful in his court hearing would take a punt on him. Tough uncompromising- & has built a good combination with Cotric.

and u don't even need to do drugs to be this stupid

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

1) No - Papalii is the best front rower in the game and Ricky Stuart knows it and is VERY unlikely to let him go

2) No The Dragons will punt Norman at the end of the season which frees up McInnes to be the starting No. 9

3) No - Bird has done 3 ACLS in the last 3 seasons so very unlikely his injuries are over

4) No - Because he is a loose cannon and his attitude will not fit into the culture we are trying to build, the last thing the Dogs need is a dickhead on too much $$$

end of story!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Burton
2. Mc innesss
3. Tpj
4. Sailor
5. Asiata
Hasn’t Asiata already signed with titans?
i wouldn’t touch tpj
He reminds me of an updated version of she Rex

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Strong mail re that gildhart centre from England
Down to the warriors or bulldogs

surely the uncertainty around the warriors and where they will be based would swing it in the bulldogs favour.

also heard reimis is being shopped around to Melbourne and tigers

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are about to re-name Canberra Stadium after Papa lol. He is not going anywhere.

Issac Luke plays for the Broncos now.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn’t Asiata already signed with titans?
i wouldn’t touch tpj
He reminds me of an updated version of she Rex
Asiata was going to tities until they landed fiftia.
Also got ese ese and that big unit from the storm

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong mail re that gildhart centre from England
Down to the warriors or bulldogs

surely the uncertainty around the warriors and where they will be based would swing it in the bulldogs favour.

also heard reimis is being shopped around to Melbourne and tigers
I'd be happy with Gildart (at the right price) - looks like a skillful player. We'd finally have 2 strike centers.
If its between us and the warriors, I think we'll get him due to Thommo and Barrett.
Love the Remis news. I'd add DWZ and Lewis to that list

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SIGN
for 2021
1 Brandon Smith / Darryl Clarke / Cameron McInnes
2 Jackson Hastings - IF Barrett can do a peace deal / IF NOT we need to re-sign Foran because if we turn up with Wakeham & Cogger, Cogger & Lewis, or Wakeham & Lewis as our halves next year for a whole season we're f..ked and will Burton get out of his contract early ? Likely not.
3 Alex Johnson - to replace DWZ who we can leave out of the 17 until he seeks a release. Johnson would come fairly cheap too.
FOR 2022
4 Matt Burton
5 Josh Papali / Addin Fonua-Blake / Christian Welch - to replace Napa
6 Sitili Tupouniua / TPJ - we really need a strike backrower to make up for losing CHN

SHED
end of season 2020
Jack Cogger, Kerrod Holland, Tim Lafai, Marcelo Montoya, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman
Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, James Roumanos, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith