News Murray Cod/Mice yikes!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Staying in Moree and and I can tell you it's not pleasant going to bed, turn the covers down and find mice running around all over your pillow and having to change bedding at 12 at night :(....every night!
Just throw the whole house away @wendog33 lol my heart goes out to you all.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just throw the whole house away @wendog33 lol my heart goes out to you all.
Just visiting thankfully. Our daughter was working here when pregnant and it was bad 10 years ago. I said to her you cant have a baby here. I'd be terrified for the baby and couldn't sleep worrying about mice running over her lol. It was unbelievable. Luckily her husband soon got a transfer to Brisvegas :grinning:

I honestly dont know how the country folk cope with it. Get in pantries. Linen closets ugh.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Just visiting thankfully. Our daughter was working here when pregnant and it was bad 10 years ago. I said to her you cant have a baby here. I'd be terrified for the baby and couldn't sleep worrying about mice running over her lol. It was unbelievable. Luckily her husband soon got a transfer to Brisvegas :grinning:

I honestly dont know how the country folk cope with it. Get in pantries. Linen closets ugh.
Oh that’s good. I honestly didn’t know that these infestations happened like this out in the country. The worse part would be hearing them scampering around your house in the dark while you’re in bed not being able to see the little fuckers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh that’s good. I honestly didn’t know that these infestations happened like this out in the country. The worse part would be hearing them scampering around your house in the dark while you’re in bed not being able to see the little fuckers.
That is terrible for sure and in the ceiling.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Luckily where I am we haven't been hit too bad by the mice plague compared to some other places. In saying that, I've caught around 30 odd mice in the last couple of weeks. Little shits!!

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only when the stench of rotting rodents hit thier nostrils will they realize the error of thier ways.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's like saying I don't mind explosive diarrhea.
Perspective is the key here. I don't mind explosive diarrhea compared to prolonged constipation (theoretically since I've never had prolonged constipation). The question this should be raising is where Wendog considers to be a hellish place.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Perspective is the key here. I don't mind explosive diarrhea compared to prolonged constipation (theoretically since I've never had prolonged constipation). The question this should be raising is where Wendog considers to be a hellish place.
Anywhere in NSW in SOO week lol

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not saying do nothing.
Im asking why they are losing thier shit over it. They knew it was coming. Did fuck all then cried about it.
So your nice apartment in the middle of Sydney hasn’t seen a mouse yet. Good for you

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your nice apartment in the middle of Sydney hasn’t seen a mouse yet. Good for you
Good on ya fuckwit.
Don't judge before you open your inbred uneducated mouth.

I do not live in a nice apartment or in Sydney.

And i will still ask the question. You knew the mice were coming. But you did not do a thing to prepare.why?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on ya fuckwit.
Don't judge before you open your inbred uneducated mouth.

I do not live in a nice apartment or in Sydney.

And i will still ask the question. You knew the mice were coming. But you did not do a thing to prepare.why?
There's a limit to what you can do to prepare for a mouse plague. If you live on a farm you can try to purchase secure storage solutions for stock food. I know that locally one of the feed stores has been advertising every time they get fresh traps or poisons in stock, because they can't keep enough supply to meet demand (bit like toilet paper last year). So short of those two measures, the only other options I could envision would be to buy a thousand cats which would be an issue in itself.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's a limit to what you can do to prepare for a mouse plague. If you live on a farm you can try to purchase secure storage solutions for stock food. I know that locally one of the feed stores has been advertising every time they get fresh traps or poisons in stock, because they can't keep enough supply to meet demand (bit like toilet paper last year). So short of those two measures, the only other options I could envision would be to buy a thousand cats which would be an issue in itself.
There's no way of controlling these ever increasing mice plagues that the general public in regional towns or farmers could adequately deal with.

There needs to be a Fed, State and local Govt eradication program.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Blue Mountains now...on their way to Sydney via Hamlin :grinning:.

JUNE 9, 2021

The New South Wales Government has announced another $100 million in funding to tackle the state’s shocking mouse plague.

The rodent infestation has left many farmers struggling, and it is feared that even the current cold snap might not be enough to significantly dent mice numbers … and that’s also very bad news for campers.

In places like the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, the tiny Mus Musculus Domesticus – also known as the house mouse – has made its way to previously unseen wilderness locations.

Several bushwalkers walkers have told the Blue Mountains Gazette that they have reported seeing dozens of mice near their food and tents when packing up after a night in these locations.

Hikers have reported hungry mice even chewing through their tents and backpacks to get to food. Campers have taken to hanging their food bags in trees.

On local resident, Liz Charlton, told the Blue Mountains Gazette that she had been camping for two decades in the Blue Mountains and had never seen anything like it.

“We were recently out at Mobbs Soak in the Wild Dog mountains and the mice were everywhere,” she said. “We had mice running under and over the tents and everywhere in between … the mice had got in and were eating things like toothpaste and a packet of Panadol.”

CSIRO Health and Biosecurity senior research officer and resident mouse plague expert, Steve Henry advised bushwalkers to ‘keep your food in hard plastic containers and your tent zipped up’.

He also said anyone with a car should “make sure you close the doors of your vehicles all the time … they eat wiring out of the cars”.

The new $100 million commitment from the NSW government will allow farmers suffering from the mouse plague to claim up to $10,000 in rebates to purchase zinc phosphide to control mice.

The cash injections triples the money pledged by the state government to date on combating the mouse’s plague.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Blue Mountains now...on their way to Sydney via Hamlin :grinning:.

JUNE 9, 2021

The New South Wales Government has announced another $100 million in funding to tackle the state’s shocking mouse plague.

The rodent infestation has left many farmers struggling, and it is feared that even the current cold snap might not be enough to significantly dent mice numbers … and that’s also very bad news for campers.

In places like the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, the tiny Mus Musculus Domesticus – also known as the house mouse – has made its way to previously unseen wilderness locations.

Several bushwalkers walkers have told the Blue Mountains Gazette that they have reported seeing dozens of mice near their food and tents when packing up after a night in these locations.

Hikers have reported hungry mice even chewing through their tents and backpacks to get to food. Campers have taken to hanging their food bags in trees.

On local resident, Liz Charlton, told the Blue Mountains Gazette that she had been camping for two decades in the Blue Mountains and had never seen anything like it.

“We were recently out at Mobbs Soak in the Wild Dog mountains and the mice were everywhere,” she said. “We had mice running under and over the tents and everywhere in between … the mice had got in and were eating things like toothpaste and a packet of Panadol.”

CSIRO Health and Biosecurity senior research officer and resident mouse plague expert, Steve Henry advised bushwalkers to ‘keep your food in hard plastic containers and your tent zipped up’.

He also said anyone with a car should “make sure you close the doors of your vehicles all the time … they eat wiring out of the cars”.

The new $100 million commitment from the NSW government will allow farmers suffering from the mouse plague to claim up to $10,000 in rebates to purchase zinc phosphide to control mice.

The cash injections triples the money pledged by the state government to date on combating the mouse’s plague.
This is actually a picture of my cat here in Lewisham in Sydney.. He is ready

F5BD7588-65AB-4A72-AB3A-44F1AE2146D3.jpeg